Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » Oh Yeah, That Forum: The Titans » Yes, as with LSH, my fave Titans are the chicks and the rarely-seen members (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Yes, as with LSH, my fave Titans are the chicks and the rarely-seen members
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
So don't be expecting any Flash, Robin or Cyborg topics from me.

You can, however, look forward to an unending stream of Duela Dent, Magenta, Gnarrk, Hornblower and Bumblebee topics!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Blacula has also declared his preference for the B-List Titans.

Anyone else more interested in Flamebird and Dove over the big guns?

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Blacula
Easy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blacula   Email Blacula         Edit/Delete Post     
I am an out and proud B-List Titans fan and I don't care who knows it!

I'll shout it from the roof-tops if I have to! "WE'RE HERE! WE'RE QUE.." wait, wrong chant.

Anyway, every time MLLASH starts a thread called "Don Hall - taken from us too soon?" or "Mal and Karen - the best couple in comics?" or "Duela Dent - just who the Hell was her father?" I'm going to be backing him up every step of the way!

WHO'S WITH US?!?

From: Australia | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

We may be a lonely club of only 2, my friend. Bah! Let them have their Nightwings and Flashes!

--------------------

Spellbinder
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spellbinder   Email Spellbinder         Edit/Delete Post     
I wouldn't say that I prefer the "B-Listers", but they hold a special place in my heart. I loved Titans West, and the 70s Titans, and would LOVE to see them active in the DCU again.

Bumblebee, Lilith (who isn't really dead... that was a Lilith robot), Dove (who also isn't dead... just misplaced), Harlequin (who isn't a villain), Flamebird and Golden Eagle (again not dead... who starts these vicious rumors?) are all characters that need a talented writer to make them shine again.

When I think of all the ho hum characters that have been created and then discarded in the past decade... Why create characters when there are so many wonderful established characters just waiting in the wings, ready to be back in action?

Maybe in the new Teen Titans Unlimited series?

--------------------
Some people are like slinkys: not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you knock them down a flight of stairs

From: Penthouse atop Levitz Hall, LMBP Plaza, Embassy Row, Legion World | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Future
The Present is Past

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Future           Edit/Delete Post     
Though not a hardcore Titans fan, I actually am quite taken with the B-listers. Jesse Quick obviously isn't big leagues, and my personal favorite out of the JLA/Titans series was Flamebird. I also loved Lilith from the Universe Ablaze series.

I'm fascinated by all the Duela talk and think Mal and Bumblebee are also quite groovy, if I only ever got a chance to see them in action.

Tempest
Enchantress

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tempest   Author's Homepage   Email Tempest         Edit/Delete Post     
The name of this thread describes my reading style in comics exactly.

--------------------
And to show I bear no ill will, I, too, shall bestow a gift...

From: The Mansion | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Future
The Present is Past

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Future           Edit/Delete Post     
Like KGZ, this usually holds true with any show or comic for me. I always seem to root for the second stringers and supporting characters usually over the big guns, exceptions being probably the Legion & some mutant X-Men.

I guess there's more of a blank slate there for me to relate to or something.

Greybird
Brother of Dawnstar

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Greybird   Author's Homepage   Email Greybird         Edit/Delete Post     
And I've just mastered keeping tabs of the multireality second-string Legionnaires and friends, after all these years *sigh* ... ah, well, what's life without challenges?
From: Starhaven Consulate, City of Angels | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yk
between boots

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yk   Email Yk         Edit/Delete Post     
I hear ya Grey. That list of Titans in the Duck Duck Goose game is getting pretty long. I had no idea there were so many!
From: Smallville Sector : Greater Metropolis | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ferroboy
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ferroboy   Email ferroboy         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by MLLASH:
So don't be expecting any Flash, Robin or Cyborg topics from me.

You can, however, look forward to an unending stream of Duela Dent, Magenta, Gnarrk, Hornblower and Bumblebee topics!

Magenta? The name alone should disqualify her. She picks this random color because the spelling is close to magnet? How utterly silly. And all of the girls (plus Gnarrk) had a terrible sense of fashion. Except, IIRC, Lilith in her mini skirt and go-go boots.

--------------------
Dan

From: Newburgh, NY | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vee
Still smoooooth!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vee   Email Vee         Edit/Delete Post     
Sign me up! While I love Dick, Garth, Wally & Roy (yes, Donna also, but she was dea last time I saw her [Frown] ) I also have always enjoyed Mal (preferably as the Guardian (very cool...much cooler than Hornblower), Bumblebee, Duela, Golden Eagle, Flamebird, H & D, & Golden Eagle ( I guess that's the whole TT West crew)

Also some of the others that have put in stints as Titans. Damage, GL Kyle, etc.

--------------------
"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"

From: Paragon City on patrol | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
Lilith rules!!!!!

always wanted her and Dick to be a coulpe.

Mal & Karen were definitely the coolest couple of the 70s... edging out Ollie and Dinah by a hair.

From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rtvu2
here we go again....

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rtvu2   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Always liked Titans West. Hawk and Dove, Flamebird and Karend and Mal.
From: Texas | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tempest
Enchantress

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tempest   Author's Homepage   Email Tempest         Edit/Delete Post     
There's only a few character's that are main character's that I really like, infact most of the time they're my favorite, but they're all females.

--------------------
And to show I bear no ill will, I, too, shall bestow a gift...

From: The Mansion | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.