Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » Oh Yeah, That Forum: The Titans » Yes, as with LSH, my fave Titans are the chicks and the rarely-seen members (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Yes, as with LSH, my fave Titans are the chicks and the rarely-seen members
KidChaos
Reservist

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KidChaos   Email KidChaos         Edit/Delete Post     
Yeah, female characters are usually far more interesting than the boys.

And I don't know much about the Titans, but the Legion would be nothing without its obscure characters.
Imagine a Legion without Tyroc, Porcupine Pete or X-Bomb Betty!
*shudder*

--------------------
"are you forgetting that I was a professional twice over- an analyst and a therapist. The world's first analrapist."

-Tobias Funke

From: MI | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mattropolis

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mattropolis   Author's Homepage   Email Mattropolis         Edit/Delete Post     
I also love Lilith, Mal, Karen, Golden Eagle, Hawk, Dove, Duela, etc...

To me, those characters made the Titans what they are...

--------------------
Touch the magic...

From: Morganfield, KY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
And it looks like the more obscure Titans are going to be all OVER upcoming issues of TEEN TITANS! Woo-HOOO!

Plus, you Golden Eagle fans are hopefully reading HAWKMAN, the current issues # 37 & 38.

I'm a happy DC camper lately!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
This must be a great time for obscure Titans fans!

I have to say that it's John's writing and the way he's able to capture these types of characters (serious, but fun) that I like. And I haven't read the latest Hawkman, but I trust the team there will do a good job (I'm as unfamiliar with Golden Eagle as it gets!).

The new Hawk and Dove seem pretty cool too!

We even got to see Red Star!

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vee
Still smoooooth!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vee   Email Vee         Edit/Delete Post     
As soon as I saw that final splash page of the latest issue of TT I got a huge smile on my face. I can just imagine Lasher's reaction [Big Grin]

--------------------
"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"

From: Paragon City on patrol | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Haven't read it yet, Vee (I intend to tonight), but I saw a cover for a later issue of this storyline so I believe I can guess who all is on that final page!

HAPPY HAPPY!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Greybird
Brother of Dawnstar

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Greybird   Author's Homepage   Email Greybird         Edit/Delete Post     
Please give a hint as to what happens in "Hawkman" 37 and 38, if you know. I used Golden Eagle as my moniker around here during last Fall's crossover, so I'm more than a bit interested if he's coming back, or even appears to be doing so.
From: Starhaven Consulate, City of Angels | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Grey, see current posts on the "Hawkman Covers" thread for details!

--------------------

Vee
Still smoooooth!

quote:
Originally posted by MLLASH:
Haven't read it yet, Vee (I intend to tonight), but I saw a cover for a later issue of this storyline so I believe I can guess who all is on that final page!

HAPPY HAPPY!

[Bouncing Boy]

Boy oh boy are you going to love it! Be sure you're seated when you get to the last page. It rawks! [Big Grin]

--------------------

From: Paragon City on patrol | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Believe me, I'll be lying down!
Looking forward to bedtime!

See, I read comics in bed. Sexy, eh? [Wink]

--------------------

Scottybones
Passive

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Scottybones   Author's Homepage   Email Scottybones         Edit/Delete Post     
Maybe i'm the worst because besides loving all those b-listers I also had a thing for <gasp> Aquagirl!

scotty b

LOVE Golden Eagle btw...and Lilith...love love love

From: new jersey | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vee
Still smoooooth!

quote:
Originally posted by MLLASH:
Believe me, I'll be lying down!
Looking forward to bedtime!

See, I read comics in bed. Sexy, eh? [Wink]

That's also what I do in bed...well, ONE of the things I do there! [Wink]

--------------------

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

I read it, Vee...!

And yes, that 2-page splash brought a very BIG smile to my face...

SPOILERS FOLLOW!

...except for the absence of Bumblebee, which freaked me out because Mal was there...!

But then I turned to the final page, and there she was, YES!

Dr. Light's smug little line on the last page HAS to win my "Best Smartass comment of the Year" award. It was just perfect. Excellent work, Geoff Johns!

And Duela looked wonderful! I dunno what my thing is with chalky-white chicks with purple hair, but I'm thrilled that: A. Her Titans membership has been retconned back in, and B. Her little turn as a nutcase villainess (from the last TITANS series) is apparently over.

I sure missed seeing Donna, Lilith and Magenta in that scene, though. *sigh*

--------------------

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
That was a smart-ass comment by Dr. Light, wasn't it? The whole battle with the Titans has been nerve-wracking up until those final pages...
From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Anyone else dig the lesser-knowns?

--------------------

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.