Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » Oh Yeah, That Forum: The Titans » The Teen Titans 'toon isn't my cup of tea, but...

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: The Teen Titans 'toon isn't my cup of tea, but...
Thriftshop Debutante
Terrifyingly On-Topic.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Thriftshop Debutante           Edit/Delete Post     
I've seen a handful of episodes and...my mind wanders about 10 minutes in.

I do like the following things, though:

Gar. His outfit is adorable. And he's so cute when he says "Star..."

RAVEN!

The theme. It's cute!

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
 -
From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
I like the 'toon well enough. Not enough to seek it out, but when I come across it, I watch it.

I'd probably buy a full-season DVD set (none of those 3-4 eps deals, though).

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Tempest
Enchantress

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tempest   Author's Homepage   Email Tempest         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by MLLASH:
I like the 'toon well enough. Not enough to seek it out, but when I come across it, I watch it.

I'd probably buy a full-season DVD set (none of those 3-4 eps deals, though).

I hate those, I want to buy in a big lump sum, just like that commercial, with the bad acting!

Awesome, Gary!

[ September 10, 2005, 01:11 PM: Message edited by: Luna ]

--------------------
And to show I bear no ill will, I, too, shall bestow a gift...

From: The Mansion | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
The toon kinda gets on my nerves, but Raven steals the show IMO. The scenes with her and generally funny and make me grin.

Changeling, on the other hand, is waaaaaay annoying as Beast Boy...

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
I have to say, besides the anime look, what I hate the most is what they did to Gar. He was always my favorite Titan and the cartoon just...I can't describe it.

My greatest fear is we get a Legion cartoon in this style and they do the same to Garth. [Eek!]

From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thriftshop Debutante
Terrifyingly On-Topic.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Thriftshop Debutante           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:

Will you change you 'toon tune when you read the Titans Tower news page and learn that MAL and GNARRK will be appearing in Season 5?
legionadventureman
Legionnaire

Icon 1 posted      Profile for legionadventureman   Email legionadventureman         Edit/Delete Post     
Sorry to all you Teen Titans junkies...but i have a feeling that Sailor Moon and her buddies will be appearing next season - the animation just screams for it! [tease]
From: Adelaide, Australia | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Outdoor Miner           Edit/Delete Post     
I think it's decent enough. It's clearly made for a younger audience, and based on the number of kids dressed in Titan garb at an anime con I went to a while back, it seems to be reaching them.

--------------------
Legion World's Badwill Ambassador

From: A Huge, Pulsating, Ever-Expanding Chicken Heart | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spellbinder
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spellbinder   Email Spellbinder         Edit/Delete Post     
The stories this season had a little more depth than the previous season, and there were far fewer "cutesy moments" where people's eyes turned into hearts, or their mouths became twice the size of their heads [Big Grin]

--------------------
Some people are like slinkys: not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you knock them down a flight of stairs

From: Penthouse atop Levitz Hall, LMBP Plaza, Embassy Row, Legion World | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blacula
Easy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blacula   Email Blacula         Edit/Delete Post     
I really like the Teen Titans cartoon. I don't rush home to watch it or anything but I always enjoy it when I catch it.

I'm not a manga/anime (I know they're not the same thing but I can't remember which is which) fan at all but I've been very impressed with all of the art and colouring in this show. And I think the storytelling has been of quite high quality too. Looking forward to seeing what they do with all the new characters next season - MAL! MAL! MAL!

From: Australia | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Thriftshop Debutante:
quote:

Will you change you 'toon tune when you read the Titans Tower news page and learn that MAL and GNARRK will be appearing in Season 5?
Mayhap.

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.