Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » Oh Yeah, That Forum: The Titans » Teen Titans #30 - SPOILERS

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Teen Titans #30 - SPOILERS
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 2 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
It's out today!

Brother Blood brings Lilith and friends back from the dead to form the new Titans West. Cameo by Kid Devil (not in costume). To be continued...

Oh! And "Whatever Happened to Captain Carrot?" is sprinkled throughout the book. Poor Little Cheese. [Frown]

Sorry, but for $2.50, I expect more than this. Very disappointing. This whole issue should have been a recap page to a real story.

It's funny even though I bought the issues, I avoided reading this series like the plague because of Crapulation Day. Then, in one afternoon I caught myself and was both impressed and excited by this new Teen Titans. Now, I'm wondering if those issues too were crap by themselves and needed to be read together to find any enjoyment from them. *yawn*

From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
superboymddjr
Quiet member

Icon 1 posted      Profile for superboymddjr   Email superboymddjr         Edit/Delete Post     
what happened to Little Cheese? got ate up by Brother Blood? *gulp*
From: Hayward, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
Actually, the Zoo Crew story appears to be happening in a comic that Kid Devil is reading and not in the Titans story itself.

Little Cheese's murder is what the Zoo Crew is investigating.

From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
thor2168
Cute-Baby-Boy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for thor2168   Email thor2168         Edit/Delete Post     
Yeah, this series seems to have taken a nose dive. This issue, I was going, What? Where is it going???? Johns is too busy with Crisis to do anything else of quality me thinks...

--------------------
I just can't BLOK it out!

From: The land of toys and stinky diapers!!! | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mystery Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mystery Lad   Email Mystery Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
TITANS WEST??? More like Titans Hell. Though why Lilith, Aquagirl, Dove and Kole would be in hell is beyond me. I wonder if this death/life doorway business will be linked up to Ares' assumption of the rule of Hades?

Raven and Beast Boy, hmmm? Bit of a surprise, but I think I like it. Wonder if Gar'll start turning into nasty imaginary monsters now?

From: Knoxville, TN | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
Hmm. I actually really enjoyed this issue, and am surprised to read negative comments.

The Captain Carrot "subplot" is especially welcome and thrilling and I'm extremely interested in why Kid Devil is making an appearance.

Gosh, it was good to see Kole and Lilith again, even if they are a little... altered.

Holding out hope they can somehow come through this.

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mystery Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mystery Lad   Email Mystery Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
TEEN TITANS #31 spoilers ensue...

s
p
o
i
l
e
r
s
p
a
c
e

The god of comic books giveth and he/she taketh away... KID ETERNITY is revealed to be chained to the door between life and death, imprisoned by Brother Blood. At least some of the recent (and not so recent) resurrections are attributed to KE. Don't know which ones actually were due to the Kid's actions. Wonder if it'll ever be determined...

Still, I LOVED seeing this character back. I hope his future appearances are more in the 'classic' vein of actually summoning the dead, rather than the more quasi-philosophical Kid Eternity seen in Vertigo.

But for the surprise of KE's return, there's the 'dust to dust' moment for Lilith, Kole, Hawk, Dove, Aquagirl and Phantasm. Sigh. Lilith's the only one *I* really wanted back, but each of those characters have their devoted fans who must feel more than a bit manipulated at this point. There *is* the slight hope that Kid Eternity's statement that Brother Blood "isn't doing it right- he's only bringing back their bodies, not their souls" could leave room for future returns. He seemingly squashes the Teen Titan's request for just such a return for their predecessors later, though.

From: Knoxville, TN | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.