Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » Oh Yeah, That Forum: The Titans » New Nightwing?! (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: New Nightwing?!
mon-el73
new

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mon-el73   Email mon-el73         Edit/Delete Post     
For all the Wing-nuts in the house...
If you've been confused by the disruption in Devin Grayson's run on the Nightwing series, maybe this'll put things in or more out of place... [Confused]

http://www.newsarama.com/dcnew/Robin/Jones_Nightwing.htm

Dick might not be the new Nightwing?! [Gasp]
I don't know about you, but it was Richard Grayson that always drew me to the character. He was the greatest example of the PERSON making the hero, and not the costume. (Not even the Big Two can say that with clear conviction)
Although, the way things have been going recently, he might as well be the new "One Year Later" Batman. Waitaminnit... [Hmmm?]

From: Philippines | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Outdoor Miner           Edit/Delete Post     
The DC folk have been doing a lot of this - dropping hints that so-and-so may not be "wearing the mantle" anymore and then acting all coy when questioned about it. A lot of it is just hype.

--------------------
Legion World's Badwill Ambassador

From: A Huge, Pulsating, Ever-Expanding Chicken Heart | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mon-el73
new

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mon-el73   Email mon-el73         Edit/Delete Post     
Yup after all the "internet breaking news" arrows flying everywhichway, beware the hype! (Although Will Pfiefer confirmed that Catwoman will no longer be Selina Kyle in his newsarama interview) It remains to be seen whether this'll stick to the first/second stringers (not that Selina was ever a third-stringer in my book!)
From: Philippines | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov
Paraplegic tree sloth that's been sedated

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
All I need to know is that Devin's gone from the book. [Yes]

--------------------
"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me

From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mon-el73
new

Yeah things got pretty chaotic for her over at Nightwing. [Confused] Kinda feel sorry for her though; I was with her since the Titans and Arsenal, and I honestly thought she was onto something with her direction for the characters. If you read her last interview on CBR, she describes how all the major events have sorta screwed around with some plans, and it was all now just a matter of tying things in and wrapping things up. [Roll Eyes] But arguably, the Dick Grayson "Fall from Grace" perhaps started the snowball effect. Must say though, I'm not as hot and bothered about Bruce Jones run as maybe I should be... [I Dunno]
mon-el73
new

Oh hey, was gonna put this sketch in some gallery somewhere coz I didn't know if any wingnut would be interested, but seeing as you Rhinos have been kind enough to chat (thanks, guys!) here we go. Hope you like...

-

Vee
Still smoooooth!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vee   Email Vee         Edit/Delete Post     
Nice job Mon

--------------------
"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"

From: Paragon City on patrol | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ultra Jorge   Email Ultra Jorge         Edit/Delete Post     
Nightwing and Outsider spoilers Click Here For A SpoilerDick is featured on the Outsiders cover for the OYL cover. It might not be Dick...but he sure looks like him [Smile]
From: Tampa | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stratum
Booster Club President

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stratum           Edit/Delete Post     
If it's not Dick, then my money's on Jason Todd...

Jamie
Man, I hope not.

From: Wood River, IL | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mon-el73
new

Lots of buzz on the Winick interview

http://www.newsarama.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=52900&perpage=25&pagenumber=1

sort of a lot to take in, as usual with these things, so be fairly warned.
Hey thanks Vee. Much appreciated.
Yeh, I'm hoping it's not Jason Todd either. But these days, a good Nightwing story seems to depend on whose writing him. I had such high hopes for Devin Grayson's run before somewhere during Dick's "Fall From Grace" story arc. I never really liked Chuck Dixon's writing unless he's having other Bat-guests over.(he seems to have a good pen for the Bat-relationships) So nobody seems to really have "gotten" him. As I've only read him from Hulk, I'm not looking forward to Bruce Jones' run.
Who do you guys think would make a good writer for Nightwing? Money's on JOE KELLY! (but I think he can write anybody, so I'm pretty biased)

Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Outdoor Miner           Edit/Delete Post     
Dang, that does sound a bit like Jason Todd in the Nightwing role.

--------------------
Legion World's Badwill Ambassador

From: A Huge, Pulsating, Ever-Expanding Chicken Heart | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Doc Nimbus
Legion of Virtue

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doc Nimbus   Email Doc Nimbus         Edit/Delete Post     
Have you seen the Nightwing OYL cover? It's Nightwing's glove, but it's carrying Red Hood's Knife! Sorry, don't have the link, but it's in the March Solicits

--------------------
"Your plan didn't work, now let's try it my way...brute force!"

From: Founder's Falls, Paragon City | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Doc Nimbus:
Have you seen the Nightwing OYL cover? It's Nightwing's glove, but it's carrying Red Hood's Knife! Sorry, don't have the link, but it's in the March Solicits

Is this it?
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vee
Still smoooooth!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vee   Email Vee         Edit/Delete Post     
I don't follow any of the Bat titles with the exception of Robin so I wouldn't recognize the knife but if this is the case, it bolsters the argument that Dick takes over the Batman mantle in OYL.

--------------------
"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"

From: Paragon City on patrol | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mon-el73
new

So now the confirmed headcount is
Aquaman and Catwoman
"heroes" who will be replaced by someone else.
Still don't want to buy into the hoopla just yet.
After all the hints that even Superman won't be the Clark Kent of Earth-1... won't it just be ridiculous if everyone was replaced?

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.