Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » Oh Yeah, That Forum: The Titans » Bushido questions *SPOILERS*

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Bushido questions *SPOILERS*
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ultra Jorge   Email Ultra Jorge         Edit/Delete Post     
Who was he? [Smile]
From: Tampa | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bevis
Feeling nostalgic

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bevis   Email Bevis         Edit/Delete Post     
He was a pretty cool character created by Geoff Johns in one of the Titans annuals from a few years back when they ahd the Planet DC themes. He then appeared again in a SF&O I think, with both stories drawn by Justiano.

Off the top of my head he was the latest in a line of expert warriors from Japan who was skilled in the use of multiple weapons as well as martial arts (kind of a Japanese Arsenal if you will) but I can't recall if he had superstrength or anythign like that. The annual is worth picking up if you can find it because it has some really nice stuff with Beast Boy and Flamebird in it as well (it follows on directly from the Beast Boy mini series). In the SF&O story he came to the US to learn from the Titans and apparently joined the Titans East group that Gar and Bette were setting up and nothing ever came of that included Gar, Bette, Blue Devil, Dial H For Hero (the gay one), his boyfriend and maybe a couple of others.

I don't think he's appeared in anything else but from those two appearances I really liked him. It's a shame that they've gone and killed off one fo teh few non-white characters they have even if he hasn't actually been used much and if it was his creator that offed him as well.

--------------------
Truth and Justice shall Prevail!
(Unless Tamper Lad Screws it up...)

From: Manchester, UK | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ultra Jorge   Email Ultra Jorge         Edit/Delete Post     
Thanks Bevis. He was created and killed by Geoff. Interesting.
From: Tampa | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Outdoor Miner           Edit/Delete Post     
The "Planet DC" bunch haven't fared too well, have they? Two dead that I know of (Bushido and Nemesis. Were they both Johns' creations?) and the rest put out to pasture.

--------------------
Legion World's Badwill Ambassador

From: A Huge, Pulsating, Ever-Expanding Chicken Heart | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
I think one of 'em appeared in the recent DAY of VENGEANCE special, the chick in the red with the hood.

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bevis
Feeling nostalgic

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bevis   Email Bevis         Edit/Delete Post     
Janissary, from the JLA annual, was the one in the DoV special. She seems to be faring OK. Weren't there a few in a Wonder Woman issue during Phil Jiminez's run as well? Not sure if they were from teh annuals or whether they were just South American heroes that he created for that specific story.

--------------------
Truth and Justice shall Prevail!
(Unless Tamper Lad Screws it up...)

From: Manchester, UK | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

I liked Janissary. Turkish right? She was interesting.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.