Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » Oh Yeah, That Forum: The Titans » TEEN TITANS... spoilers for issue 32

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: TEEN TITANS... spoilers for issue 32
Mystery Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mystery Lad   Email Mystery Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
TEEN TITANS 32

Did anyone else think that Batman's head was in the rubble on the cover? It was actually Raven's left leg.

I imagine non-readers of INFINITE CRISIS were scratching their heads over this one. Though I enjoyed the DOOM PATROL/BEAST BOY sequences, it would've been nice to have a little more focus on Pantha, Bushido and Wildebeast-- since they all died!

It's not like *most* TT readers would've been surprised by these events to necessitate their inclusion at near the issue's end. I feel cheated that we didn't spend some time with this trio before their deaths in these pages.

I'll feel even more cheated if we don't see more of RED STAR and RISK in the near future.

(Edited to put issue number in title.)

[ March 05, 2006, 06:09 PM: Message edited by: Thriftshop Debutante ]

From: Knoxville, TN | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
Nice to see Todd Nuack's art on TT.

Nice to see Duela hopping about in a few panels, though she isn't how to do much.

Nice to see confirmation that Risk and Red Star did NOT die.

As for the three who *did* buy the farm...

Bushido had less than 5 previous appearances, Wildebeest was never a favorite of mine and I never did warm to Pantha like I did to other cat-characters (such as Hellcat, Catspaw, Tigra) so I'm not really minding that no extra time was devoted to them.

I also enjoyed the DP/Beast Boy sequences. I wonder how that's going to play out?

What I didn't get was how Superboy was able to break out of the Phantom Zone. Speedy should have ended the battle right then and there.

Much of this issue already appeared in IC, but I suppose an event of this seriousness needed to be touched on in the actual TT book.

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tamper Lad
With the Scarlett Faction

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tamper Lad   Email Tamper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
The delay sort of took the steam out of this one. If it came out the same day as IC4 it would have had some impact.

Post crisis phantom-zone device... The shoddy workmanship is astonishing. Must be a cheap import. Buy domestic, huh? [tease]

Did I see hints that Doom Patrol may be un-rebooted by infinite crisis?

From: Canada | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
legionadventureman
Legionnaire

Icon 1 posted      Profile for legionadventureman   Email legionadventureman         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Tamper Lad:

I'd like to see Beast Boy's reaction to the news that his adoptive mum, Elasti-Girl has somehow returned from the dead...A "grave" situation, indeed [Shudder]
From: Adelaide, Australia | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rtvu2
here we go again....

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rtvu2   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by legionadventureman:
quote:
Originally posted by Tamper Lad:

I'd like to see Beast Boy's reaction to the news that his adoptive mum, Elasti-Girl has somehow returned from the dead...A "grave" situation, indeed [Shudder]
Gee LAM, if you had actually read the issue before commenting you would know Beast Boy's reaction to Rita and to the whole 'new' Doom Patrol.
From: Texas | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caliente
Honoring the Primary Color Gang

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Caliente   Email Caliente         Edit/Delete Post     
Okay, so, #33 is definitely supposed to come out after the Annual because I had a few wtf moments. Okay, more than a few.

But there was coolness and I really do love the stars as characters so all was good. [Big Grin] Yay team Geoff (and Marv)!!

All in all, I really enjoyed this tie-in.

--------------------
Abin: You know what to do with a Cali sandwich? No but neither do Cobie and CJ!
CJ: Yeah, we do. She's smiling, isn't she?

Context... who needs it?

From: Sunny Cali-- er, Planet Earth? | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mystery Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mystery Lad   Email Mystery Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
TEEN TITANS #33

I hope the supposedly upcoming BRAVE AND THE BOLD series follows the pattern of its namesake here in TEEN TITANS... two fairly unrelated characters getting to know one another while on an adventure. As such, this was enjoyable. In fact, it occasionally read like Superboy and Nightwing were on a date! Sorta. OK, maybe not.

But as the last regular issue before ONE YEAR LATER? Cheez- loose ends galore. That must have been mandated by DC editorial, because most (if not all) titles are 'making the jump' without wrapping up much in the way of subplots, etc.

I'm surprised the heroes would trust anything that came from Luthor.

Why wasn't Superboy having those emotional flashbacks while he was carrying the crystal before the end of the issue? It was hard to believe that Dick's flashbacks pics didn't include *one* from the pre-Wolfman/Perez years. C'mon...

From: Knoxville, TN | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.