Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » Oh Yeah, That Forum: The Titans » TT #34-- The New, New Teen Titans... SPOILERS! (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: TT #34-- The New, New Teen Titans... SPOILERS!
superboymddjr
Quiet member

Icon 1 posted      Profile for superboymddjr   Email superboymddjr         Edit/Delete Post     
so no word on Vulcan the child who was last seen in Son of Vulcan #6 on the Titans island was gonna join them?
From: Hayward, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
You know this thread is funny to read when you don't click on any of the spoilers!
From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
superboymddjr
Quiet member

Icon 1 posted      Profile for superboymddjr   Email superboymddjr         Edit/Delete Post     
yeah but I wonder if there is a mention of Son of Vulcan by someone like they mentioned the whereabouts of several Titan members.
From: Hayward, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
No mention of Son of Vulcan yet.
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spellbinder
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spellbinder   Email Spellbinder         Edit/Delete Post     
I just read this issue, and haven't decided yet what I think.

The Likes: Robin is still around, Kid Devil may grow on me, and I really enjoyed Marvin and Wendy.

The Dislikes: Rose Wilson (I don't see her character ever growing on me), no Gar and no Raven (but maybe Gar at least in the Doom Patrol)

The Whatevers: Cyborg (never been a huge fan), Cassie the Widow in Mourning OYL, "The Cave of Doctor Robin" (boy, he must be doing well in his high school science classes)

Overall: Gonna give it a shot, but not looking too promising unless they bring more to the lineup. When I'm only half interested in half the cast, that makes me nervous.

--------------------
Some people are like slinkys: not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you knock them down a flight of stairs

From: Penthouse atop Levitz Hall, LMBP Plaza, Embassy Row, Legion World | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
I finally got around to this last night; I'm actually kind-of excited about it all.

ROBIN's new look is actually really good. Interesting with the clone-bank developments. Very interesting.

RAVAGER, a Titan again for the first time? I enjoyed Rose Wilson's brief first stint with the Titans, and was excited when she made a return of sorts as Lian's babysitter during the mostly-unexciting Farber/Kitson era. I like her because I can sort-of identify with the identity crisis she went through-- she was searching desperately for a place to belong, and chose to check out her father's way of life for a while; glad that didn't work out for her apparently.

I am SO glad KID DEVIL's recent cameo wasn't a throw-away scene. I had a feeling it wouldn't be. This looks to be interesting.

WENDY and MARVIN? I too am placing my highest bet on their surname being Jupiter, and MAJOR props for using them.

BUMBLEBEE, in the Doom Patrol, YEAH! What happened with MAL? He was at one time the Kinetix of the Titans, changing IDs like others change socks. Something's going on for real real there.

HAWK, DOVE, ZATARA-- yeah, I'm lovin' it...

Only gripe: Where's Duela?

So yeah, color me intrigued. WAY intrigued.

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monkey Eater Lad
Gorilla Griller

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Monkey Eater Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Hey so i'm not shway into Titans history but I was wondering if y'all knew who was holding Aquagirl back in that Aquagirl/Hawk n' Dove panel? And Zatara would be...Zatanna's magic-weilding paperboy?
From: Alameda, CA | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
Dunno yet who ZATARA is, but the plastic-kid is probably PLASTIC MAN's son (established in-continuity back in JLA a few years ago, but probably better-remembered from the KINGDOM not-necessarily-in-continuity event several years ago.

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
superboymddjr
Quiet member

or the guy from Hawaii - the hero who appeared in Superboy a few years ago...that goes by the name of "Mala" or something like that. ??
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by superboymddjr:
or the guy from Hawaii - the hero who appeared in Superboy a few years ago...that goes by the name of "Mala" or something like that. ??

Hula-Hula, maybe? [Wink]
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
So I finally read this and here’s my thoughts:

- Robin – as well-written as ever. I think I’ll end up liking the new costume.

- Wonder Gil – ditto. I really like the interaction b/t her and Robin and her and Ravager. The drama there was great to read and heart-breaking. The Cassie/Tim friendship should really be played up.

- The sense of ‘a ton of shit happened during the missing year’. It lended a sense of we’ve missed a lot and I want to know all about it.

- Cyborg is ‘back’ and therefore the Titans are ‘back’. That notion came across very strongly, that the minute Vic woke up somehow the Titans all knew that a dark period was about to end for them. Very nicely put across.

- Ravager – I really like Rose Wilson’s tragic and complicated story and I hope to see more of it. She’s a very dynamic character and I feel she brings a lot to the table story and character wise.

- Kid Devil – no real opinion right now, but always interesting to have new characters.

- Gar and Raven. I really like this romance and hope that this isn’t the end by any means. I want to see more interaction with them…they really deserve it and its nice that they found each other, despite us barely getting a chance to see it. I want more! And I want them both in the Titans, not the Doom Patrol (although the shitty Beast Boy moniker must go…I like ‘Changeling’ much better).

- Wendy and Marvin were cool. A good twist and I like supporting non-super characters hanging around. I definitely get the sense of a Mr. Jupiter connection too.

- the new Doom Patrol – I’m actually pretty excited about this! Mal and Karen’s addition is a nice dose of new blood, albeit with long-standing ties to the DCU. I’m really interested in seeing what Mal is like now.

- Other characters: cool to see Hawk and Dove, no clue who or what Kid Zatarra and Ms. Martian are, or the Plastic Man character, unless its his son. To be completely honest, I’d rather see the other Titans fleshed out OYL first, then get to these. I do like the addition of Aqua Girl though. Glad to see references to Speedy (who I really like and hope returns), Starfire (probably an Outsiders/Space Opera title will pick her up) and Bart (who may or may not be the new Flash considering he’s aged a few years with Superboy Prime).

Gripes: well, none really. This was one of the better OYL issues and I’m really excited about it. In fact, I’m probably even more excited for the Titans now than I was before IC or even the relaunch. The interaction b/t the heroes that Geoff shows is addicting and I want a fix sooner than I think I can handle! Also, the art was spectacular.

Now, I want Red Star! Raven! Gar! The New Doom Patrol! Actually, I’m really excited about Red Star more than anything…I want to know where his head’s at these days following IC. And I like the above mentioned [in this thread] Son of Vulcan idea…the more Charleton characters used the better!

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mystery Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mystery Lad   Email Mystery Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Best OYL debut thus far, for me. Cyborg's memory flashes...

...the additions to the team and the formation of other teams...

...the reinvigorated Brotherhood...

...Wonder Girl's attitude (she's never seemed more 'real' to me)...

...Robin's little lab project (!)...

... all had me eager for One Year and One Month later, rather than learning about what happened in the meanwhile.

Which is a big accomplishment, as I find the time-skipping plot device off-putting at best. It's not whatever changes that are made that I object to (in most cases), it's the jump itself.

Loved the new-but-familiar-to-toon-watchers Bumblebee. Now, who else is in the DOOM PATROL? They're connected to Dayton Industries. Is Mento a member? Headquarted in Prague? Don't know what I think about that.

And what *did* happen to Bart, Mal and Starfire? No mention of Donna Troy? Or Roy Harper? Garth?
Or Dick Grayson? Do the Titans know about his ruse?

KID DEVIL: I know next to nothing about this guy, but I like him. So far.

RAVAGER: Geoff must like writing her. That eye... I'll always think that she's a nutcase one step away from betraying whoever's relying on her.

AQUAGIRL: Took me several seconds to figure out that she was on page two.

THE OFFSPRING/Plastic Man's son: I'm assuming, I guess. But, yeah! I liked that guy.

HAWK AND DOVE: blah, not my cup o' tea.

SPEEDY: Glad to hear that she survived. And that Connor (not Superboy) did, too.

ZATARA: Wha!!!???

Wendy and Marvin: Superfriends fans are probably peeing in their pants. Their scenes were entertaining enough, but I begrudge the panels to actual Titans characters.

SUPERBOY: Awww, man. Superboy. Maybe things aren't as they appear. Supernova? Thanks to Tim and his new Batletcave?

From: Knoxville, TN | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.