Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » Oh Yeah, That Forum: The Titans » Titans in "52"

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Titans in "52"
DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
A few questions about the team's appearance in "52":
-- It seems to be the first appearance of Power Boy, is it also the first time we've seen "Little Barda"?
-- Is this the first time Joto has appeared with the name "Hotspot" and looking like the animated character?
-- Is this the original Raven and Beast Boy we're seeing? And who's the Beast Boy in the new Doom Patrol? He's young and considers Rita and Mento his parents.

From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
Yeah, I'm fairly certain this is the first appearance of Li'l Barda as well as Power Boy, and the first time Joto has appeared as Hotspot.

It's the original Raven and Beast Boy, though I believe both have been de-aged for one reason or another.

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stratum
Booster Club President

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stratum           Edit/Delete Post     
Raven was reborn into a teenaged body this time around. I don't know what the deal was with Gar, tho'. He seemed to young but I just chalked that up to Gail wanting to show their familial connections in Secret Six.

I want to know who that seventh Titan is on the cover....

Jamie

From: Wood River, IL | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vee
Still smoooooth!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vee   Email Vee         Edit/Delete Post     
Near as I can tell from the shards, starting from the top center and going clockwise

Little Barda
Raven
Zatara
Beast Boy
Power Boy
Red Star (although I'm nots sure why, since he doesn't appear with them in the issue
Hotspot

[ October 02, 2006, 06:25 PM: Message edited by: Vee ]

--------------------
"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"

From: Paragon City on patrol | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
I can't wait to learn all about the 1-year gap Titans!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stratum
Booster Club President

quote:
Originally posted by Vee:
Near as I can tell from the shards, starting from the top center and going clockwise

Little Barda
Raven
Zatara
Beast Boy
Power Boy
Red Star (although I'm nots sure why, since he doesn't appear with them in the issue
Hotspot

Thanks Vee, that seems to be the consensus on who it is. But it's so vague, it could be anyone.

I really wish they had addressed this in 5.2 Questions. I'd like to know if this was a clue or just a mistake.

Jamie

From: Wood River, IL | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vee
Still smoooooth!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vee   Email Vee         Edit/Delete Post     
The other possibility for that face would be Young Frankenstein. But that also begs the question as to why since he also does not appear in the issue.

--------------------
"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"

From: Paragon City on patrol | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester

My guess would be that the actual timeline for Titans lineups during 52 has been kind of a work in progress. Perhaps Red Star was originally supposed to be a part of the team at that point, but as they worked out the timeline further, they realized that he shouldn't be a member at the time. Perhaps his being cut from the issue was a last minute thing (ala the goofy substitution of Zauriel for Hawkgirl back in the resurrection issue), and wasn't communicated to the cover artist in time.
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stratum
Booster Club President

I think that's probably true but I would think the production department would have been able to digitally alter the cover if this were the case.

Jamie

Eryk Davis Ester

Probably just no one realized it or perhaps no one thought it important enough to change it.

Or it could be a clue that Red Star = Supernova. [Wink]

Eryk Davis Ester

This week we see the debut of another OYG Titan!
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
I'm only up to # 22, but I sure enjoyed the TT appearance in # 21! Darkseid's testicles, indeed!

Power Boy is DEFINITELY related to Orion somehow. That orange streak is a dead giveaway. Li'l Barda? Is it possible our favorite Mrs. Miracle is being cloned on Apokolips?

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.