Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » Oh Yeah, That Forum: The Titans » New Tiny Titans title! (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: New Tiny Titans title!
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
My daughter just saw me checking this title out at newsarama and want s to get it.
From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov
Paraplegic tree sloth that's been sedated

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
GIT R DONE! [LOL] Seriously, cool!
From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thriftshop Debutante
Terrifyingly On-Topic.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Thriftshop Debutante           Edit/Delete Post     
Nobody don't love Babs, so how could anyone resist Bitty Batgirl? In a partly-purple costume, no less!

Darn it, I wanna see the 3 Robins pic but it's no longer up.

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blacula
Easy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blacula   Email Blacula         Edit/Delete Post     
TD - I think the Tiny Titans thread at ComicBloc has a link to that pic.

I'm looking forward to this book too. They all look ultra adorable and I was thrilled to see a mini Bumblebee on that cover as well. Hopefully mini Mal isn't far behind.

From: Australia | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thriftshop Debutante
Terrifyingly On-Topic.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Thriftshop Debutante           Edit/Delete Post     
Thanks, Blacula! For anyone interested, the thread is here.

Nap-time Miss Martian!!

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
Is it weird that I'm seriously excited about this title?

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Suddenly Seymour
Don't feed the plant!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Suddenly Seymour   Author's Homepage   Email Suddenly Seymour         Edit/Delete Post     
Yeah, this does look like it could be a lot of fun. I'll definitely grab it.

--------------------
Geek Watch

From: Standing beside you in Ferndale, MI | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lil'rhino
I love everybody & you're next!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lil'rhino   Author's Homepage   Email lil'rhino         Edit/Delete Post     
FABOO!
From: elizabeth,nj | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov
Paraplegic tree sloth that's been sedated

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
J Torres has cofirmed TTG! will be continuing in some form... makes me more charitable to trying out the Tiny Titans, as well.

quote:
Although it was announced in August that Teen Titans Go! would be canceled to make way for new titles in DC’s kids line, writer J. Torres reveals the series will continue in its current form until April’s Issue 54, and then undergo some sort of change:

quote:
Torres:
After that point, the series is supposed to continue but perhaps (note: perhaps) in a different format and most likely at a different frequency (bimonthly? quarterly?), but we don’t know yet what that new release schedule will be.

In any case, you did it. You saved the comic book from cancellation. Yay, TTG fans!

--------------------
"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me

From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leap Year Lord
Right now.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Leap Year Lord           Edit/Delete Post     
Hurry up, Tiny Titans!
ActorLad
Un-Famous

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ActorLad           Edit/Delete Post     
So a few issues of it are out now, right? Anyone pick it up? How is it?

--------------------
ActorLad

Friendly Neighborhood Performer

Visit my official hangout ActorLad's Cool Luau over at the Mission Monitor Board!

From: Alaska | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Future
The Present is Past

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Future           Edit/Delete Post     
I really enjoyed the first two issues. The last one not as much, though it's hard to really judge a book like this. I think it just read quicker; some of the mini-stories/jokes took pages to set up this go. But it's meant to be a simple, fun read, and it is.

I'm not exactly the target market, so I hesitate to overanalyze it. Of course some of the puns or jokes are simple, but there's some cute in here: Terra throwing rocks at the boys and the girl Titans being hypocritical by being two-faced to her. I'm also liking the little, dialogue-less Kid Devil.

For only being three issues in, there's been an impressive amount of appearances by various Titans, their villains, and supporting DCU members. It's interesting. I'd suggest giving the first issue especially a shot and seeing what you think. I'm not blown away by it or die laughing, but it has its charm and it's fairly consistent so far.

doublechinner
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for doublechinner   Email doublechinner         Edit/Delete Post     
It's adorable! That's the only word for it. It less snort-milk-out-your-nose funny than Franklin Richards: SOAG was its peak, but what it lacks in guffaws it more than makes up for in perfectly captured and adorable character vignettes. The last issue the 5-year-old and I read was #2, and we both thought the sequences between the Tiny Titans and the Fatal Five on the playground were just wonderful. Leave it to lame supervillain kids to issue a freeze tag challenge to a team with a speedster! What the book has is that steady, frame-to-frame beat that the best newspaper comic strips have always had.

--------------------
...but you don't have a moment where you're sitting there staring at a table full of twenty-five characters with little name signs that say, "Hi, my superpower is confusing you!"

From: Chicago, IL | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
doublechinner
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for doublechinner   Email doublechinner         Edit/Delete Post     
Future is correct! The sight gags with the silent-but-deadly 'Lil Devil are fantastic! How many ways can we think of to use Devil as a walking roaster? I look forward to finding out.

The other thing that rawked, in the first ish I believe, was that a cityscape behind the characters in one panel was my sweet home Chicago, and the 5-year-old recognized it himself and his eyes lit up.

--------------------
...but you don't have a moment where you're sitting there staring at a table full of twenty-five characters with little name signs that say, "Hi, my superpower is confusing you!"

From: Chicago, IL | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leap Year Lord
Right now.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Leap Year Lord           Edit/Delete Post     
"Sorry, Elizabeth."

tee hee!

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.