Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » HelpANewbieOutPlease!

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: HelpANewbieOutPlease!
Vee
Still smoooooth!

Icon 5 posted      Profile for Vee   Email Vee         Edit/Delete Post     
Hep!!!! Hep Me!!!!! Please Hep Me!!!!!

I'm just starting to find my way around here. While most of the functions seem easy enough to figure out I can't seem to get my picture to appear next to my messages. It is on the web at one of my domains so that shouldn't be the problem. I've tried to post the image below in the hopes that someone will figure out if there's something wrong.

-

Image properties are as follows:
Width: 115 pixels;
Height: 111 pixels;
Size: 4157

I should point out that I know the domain is accessible because the full body image appears on Umber's "Fashion" thread.

--------------------
"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"

From: Paragon City on patrol | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Greybird
Brother of Dawnstar

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Greybird   Author's Homepage   Email Greybird         Edit/Delete Post     
Varalent, I saw that some of your images weren't appearing on the HeroMachine thread. You can edit your posts to fix the links, remember.

For the IMG tag, the best bet is to use the Instant UBB Code button. If you do it manually, it has to work like this (with no spaces in the actual UBB opening/closing codes):

[ I M G ]the-URL-of-your-image-goes-here[ / I M G ]

Note that the URL has to go immediately after the [ I M G ], with no space and no return. Same for its immediately preceding the [ / I M G ].

Try using Preview Post before you post, as well -- if the image isn't picked up perfectly from your source, it won't be visible in the small window.

From: Starhaven Consulate, City of Angels | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Greybird
Brother of Dawnstar

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Greybird   Author's Homepage   Email Greybird         Edit/Delete Post     
{[...] I can't seem to get my picture to appear next to my messages. }

That, though, is a different matter. The images at left are "avatar images," and you can only select those from a (wide) selection that's offered in "my profile" | View/Edit Profile.

Scott (Lightning Lad) will accept an image from you to add to this list, which you can then select by modifying your profile. He and Gary (Nightcrawler) are trying to limit their sizes, though.

You said that your image was 115 x 111 pixels and 4157 bytes. They're trying to keep avatars under 60 x 60 pixels and 1000-2000 bytes, or roughly 1 KB - 2 KB. If you can resize this image (try reducing the colors to 256 colors), you could go ahead and send it to Scott.

From: Starhaven Consulate, City of Angels | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
Thanks, Grey! You've echoed my thoughts beautifully.

Actually, I've added the Varalent image to the Avatars list. Varalent goto 'my profile' at the top and add it using the avatar option.

From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vee
Still smoooooth!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vee   Email Vee         Edit/Delete Post     
Gosh, thanks for the superfast service Gary! And thank you, Grey for the explanation. I really appreciate it!

One last question from The Clueless One (that would be me) How do you edit your posts? I don't see anything on the page for that function?

--------------------

From: Paragon City on patrol | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 2 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
No problem. Click on this image -  - above your posts and it will allow you to go back and change that which you have already written, grasshopper. [Smile]
From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
Gary rewls!!!!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vee
Still smoooooth!

Thank you, Oh Wise One!

V

--------------------

Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Thanks, Gary, for helping out with Varalent's, and apparently Lash's, pics. I've had the day from hell since 5 AM (which I won't bore you with the details of). Now, go and spend some quality time with the BF and I'll hang out here for the weekend, doing what I can to help out with the gang.

BTW, welcome to Legion World Varalent!

From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vee
Still smoooooth!

Thanks Scott! Glad I finally made it!

V

--------------------

Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
AHA!

This thread is PROOF that even Vee and MLLASH were once newbies! And they precede me, Rocky, Cali and lots of others!

So one should fear being a newbie; it's the only way to get to be an oldbie.

From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vee
Still smoooooth!

quote:
Originally posted by Kent Shakespeare:
AHA!

This thread is PROOF that even Vee and MLLASH were once newbies! And they precede me, Rocky, Cali and lots of others!

So one should fear being a newbie; it's the only way to get to be an oldbie.

Damn! I thought I had buried this thread back in the Variable Realm, never to be seen again!

--------------------

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.