Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » Me and my daughter...

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Me and my daughter...
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
Reading through the Legion archives before bedtime.

A new generation is being formed.

From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Saturn Girl
Always Leave Them Spellbound

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Saturn Girl           Edit/Delete Post     
That is so sweet! Keep up the tradition and make it an important part of your bonding. She will probably form memories of those times together that will last her entire life. What a good dad [Smile]
From: Utah (non-Mormon!!!) | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
Got any recent pics? It's been a few years since I saw the last one! You can even post it to:

The LEGION of Super-ANKLE BITERS!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov
Paraplegic tree sloth that's been sedated

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
That's Awesome, Dev. [Yes]

--------------------
"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me

From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
It really is! That's exactly how I got started as a comic book fan!
From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lad Boy
3rd smartest person on Legion World

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lad Boy   Email Lad Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
My 10-yr-old daughter looks forward to the LSH 31 comic every month and has her own copies (she's not touching mine) of the two Legion Showcases. Last night, while my wife and middle child were away, my we watched the Legion cartoon (episodes 1-4) with my four-year-old don until way past everyone's bedtime.
From: Washington DC | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Viridis Lament
Cenobyte. Cthulhu. God.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Viridis Lament   Author's Homepage   Email Viridis Lament         Edit/Delete Post     
Thats awesome Dev!
From: Fort McMurray | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Lad Boy:
my four-year-old don

Isn't that awfully young to be running a crime syndicate?

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lad Boy

This micro-cobalt spell checker isn't working out as well as promised.
From: Washington DC | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Faraway Lad
Senator of the UP. Permanent Ambassador to the Court of Saint James

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Faraway Lad   Email Faraway Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Quislet, Esq.:
quote:
Originally posted by Lad Boy:
my four-year-old don

Isn't that awfully young to be running a crime syndicate?
most four year olds are running a racket of some sort Quis. [Smile]

--------------------
Faithfull

From: Newcastle upon Tyne England | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Faraway Lad
Senator of the UP. Permanent Ambassador to the Court of Saint James

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Faraway Lad   Email Faraway Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Dev Em:
Reading through the Legion archives before bedtime.

A new generation is being formed.

Dev

Thats great I remember when you were telling us you were going to be a dad, what 4? 5? years ago. Dont time fly.

--------------------
Faithfull

From: Newcastle upon Tyne England | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
Han Em is going to be 8 years old this coming October. She fell in love with the LSH cartoon, and so I decided to acquaint her with the really good stuff.

I have gotten her into the Justice League Unlimited, Teen Titans, Batman (various incarnations), and the old Superfriends cartoons. She adores the new Spiderman cartoon, and it's always a blast when I have a Saturday morning off to watch cartoons with her.

My 6 month old son (Jon Em) loves them too. Of course anything daddy and his big sister like is the best. [Smile]

The only thing is...I am going to have to split my collection at some point for them...oy vey.

From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

She is loving this...she did look through the book and came up to me the other night and says, :Daddy, did you know there was a Legion of Super...Pets...bwahahahahahaha."

So maybe she didn't use the Blue Beetle laugh, but it was eerily close.

Lad Boy

I let my (then) 9-yr-old daughter read Super-Heroes Battle Super-Gorillas. I think she's puzzled by the fact that my generation has been able to survive into adulthood.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.