Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » Left San Diego early... (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Left San Diego early...
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
I realize I was a little cryptic in the San Diego thread and that was a little unfair to only infer. Besides, I like to think of myself with friends with most the posters on this board, or at least acquaintances, so I'll share:

My fiance's mother passed away Saturday morning after a brief but courageous battle with cancer. She only recently had become ill, in the last two weeks, so it all happened very sudden. We suspect she was suppressing/hiding the pain for some time now since our wedding is in 7 weeks.

Its been a very tough two days, and I'm sure it will stay that way for awhile. But we're okay, and we'll get through it.

Thanks for all the thoughts. We're Irish, so that means we're big on celebrating life as a major part of our grieving process. And all her family is together and we have many friends with us too.

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vee
Still smoooooth!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vee   Email Vee         Edit/Delete Post     
Des, my deepest sympathy to you and the future Lady Cobalt. Losing a loved one is never easy but I'm happy to hear that you can celebrate her life while you mourn her passing.

Lots of hugs, prayers and good wishes coming your way CK!

[Hug] [Hug] [Hug]

--------------------
"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"

From: Paragon City on patrol | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blue Battler
Honorary

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blue Battler   Email Blue Battler         Edit/Delete Post     
Sorry for your loss... [Frown]
Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
I knew the circumstances and I'm terribly sorry. Please tell Lady Cobalt that she is in our thoughts.
From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
matlock
Advisory

Icon 1 posted      Profile for matlock   Email matlock         Edit/Delete Post     
Des, I'm really sorry to hear about that. Take care of Lady C and yourself too.
From: Douglasville, GA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SharkLad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SharkLad   Author's Homepage   Email SharkLad         Edit/Delete Post     
hey cobie ... i'm very sorry for your loss ... best to you and your fiance's family ...

--------------------
Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water...

From: The waters off eastern Long Island | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tamper Lad
With the Scarlett Faction

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tamper Lad   Email Tamper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
That's very sad to hear, especially just weeks before what is going to be a happy day for everyone.

Take care.

From: Canada | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blockade Boy
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blockade Boy   Email Blockade Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
[Frown]

Save a spot in the pews, I'm sure Mom's spirit will be there for the wedding. Sorry for your and the lady's loss and best wishes as you carry on.

From: East Toledo | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Des,

It was great to get to meet you in person and I'm sorry we didn't get to spend more time with you and I was truly sorry to hear about Lady Cobalt's mom.

You have a family here on Legion World and we care about you and your loved ones.

[Hug] [Hug] [Hug]

Love,
John

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for He Who Wanders   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
You and your fiancee have my deepest condolences, Cobie.

--------------------
The Semi-Great Gildersleeve - writing, super-heroes, and this 'n' that

From: The Stasis Zone | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Abin Quank
Except when I'm someone else...

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Abin Quank           Edit/Delete Post     
Cobie, you already know how I feel but here's another [Hug] and some more Prayers for you and Lady C.

I've got the bag of Swag you left in my car. I'll get ahold of you sometime this week to return it to you.

--------------------
Just an Old, Broke-Down, Drunk, Bum!!

With a Power Ring...

From: Westerly Rhode Island | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caliente
Honoring the Primary Color Gang

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Caliente   Email Caliente         Edit/Delete Post     
[Hug]

I wish I could say something deep but... yeah.

I will say I'm glad you were able to come out for as long as you could. Can't wait for the next one!

Best wishes to Lady Cobalt and her family. Hope the healing is a smooth transition.

--------------------
Abin: You know what to do with a Cali sandwich? No but neither do Cobie and CJ!
CJ: Yeah, we do. She's smiling, isn't she?

Context... who needs it?

From: Sunny Cali-- er, Planet Earth? | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mystery Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mystery Lad   Email Mystery Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
I'm sorry this has happened, CK. You and yours will be in my thoughts.
From: Knoxville, TN | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
Things you wish would never happen to anybody, especially a good friend like you, and Lady C... If I were Lady Cobalt's mother, I think I would have tried to hide the pain, too; it's particularly sad that she couldn't have been at your wedding, but at least she knew it was well under way and that her daughter had found a wonderful guy.

Deepest sympathies to you and yours from the Cramer family.

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov
Paraplegic tree sloth that's been sedated

Icon 9 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
Words fail, Des. [choke]

So I'll just send these e- [Hug] [Hug] s to you and your future Missus. Prayers and best wishes, as well, and the knowledge that her Mom's going to have the best seat in the joint on your big day. [Yes] [Hug] [Love]

From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.