Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » Tales from the Legion World Booth (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Tales from the Legion World Booth
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
So far we haven't heard many stories about what went on at the booth itself at Sandy Eggo! I've heard tell of FJM and other creators stopping by--tell us more! How much interest from the Con-goers? Other stories assorted and sordid...

We wanna hear it all!

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monkey Eater Lad
Gorilla Griller

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Monkey Eater Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Well Gary, myself, and a coupla others met the fine folks coloring Perez Legion o' 3 Worlds. We gave 'em a buncha Legionworld swag and I think they got named CMYK Kid and Colorist Girl. They were asking about the colors of a certain LSV fashion accessory...

Oh and CJ fondled my cookies. In his defense, they were soft-baked and delicious.

From: Alameda, CA | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Giving people who came by the table Legion names was a lot of fun. My favorite was the guy who wasn't sure what his name would be. At that point, we usually asked about their work and hobbies. He told me he enjoyed woodworking. He walked away as Lathe Lad!

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
Here's your badge...

Click for fullsize image

Welcome to a virtual tour of MZ19, the Legion World table at SDCC 2008!

Click for fullsize image

Here's the banner we had to display (this was actually an intermediate version, but it was still the one they made for me) -

-

Here's the 1st banner that I tried to have created (thinking it would be a cool display to have) -

-

Here's what I came up with after the guy refused to make the full image directly above, but still had issues with the others (This is the one I told them I really wanted and to please make this one, for whatever reason they used the first one shown...there are actually a few other variations before this one as well, but why bore everyone with every minor detail) -

-

[ August 03, 2008, 08:40 PM: Message edited by: Nightcrawler ]

From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
Seymour provided those wonderful Legion World/www.legionworld.net stickers and this sign -
Click for fullsize image

MEL gave us the wonderful "Hello..." stickers -
Click for fullsize image

And flight rings -
Click for fullsize image

Ronda provided us with these much needed giveaways -
Click for fullsize image

Click for fullsize image

(More later...I need to run out the door!)

From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rtvu2
here we go again....

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rtvu2   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Monkey Eater Lad:

Oh and CJ fondled my cookies. In his defense, they were soft-baked and delicious.

Who needs context?
From: Texas | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
And here was the swag I had made:

Click for fullsize image Click for fullsize image

From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Gary, I still love the idea of the first banner. Need to make that into a t-shirt!
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stu
Time Trapper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stu   Email Stu         Edit/Delete Post     
The table was located on the mezzanine, near the rear stairs/escalators, so there was quite a bit of traffic going by. The two tables to the left (while facing the LW table) were Star Wars fan tables (I think one of them was also some kind of Star Wars "Legion" group). The table immediately to our right was unoccupied, so we kind of commandeered it for various things. The one to the right of that was for some group that didn't show up until Saturday, and didn't attract much interest. The one to the right of that was some kind of medieval re-creationist group, I think -- they were dressed in elaborate costumes, and one of them sat in a wooden chair/throne. Two of them made out all the time.

By the way, in that Alex Ross banner, the design on Shrinking Violet's costume really doesn't look like an "S" and a "V"... I can see the "V," but not the "S" so much.

[Edited out facetious comment that was taken for serious...]

[ August 03, 2008, 07:53 PM: Message edited by: STU ]

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Here are the stickers that I had made that finally showed up on Friday -

-

-

-

-

I've actually got a ton of these left in case anyone wants some of them.

Lightning Lad
Founder

You know Caroline does for scrapping. [Smile]

And Cali really is Caliente! Her pics are the only ones I'm having to fix red eye on. Every one I got of her, her eyes are a glowing, fiery red. Little red hot demon in disguise is she. [Wink]

Nightcrawler
Founder

Klordny stopped by often with a few giveaways including several Legion Heroclix and these cards -

-

As well as his business cards -

-

[ August 03, 2008, 06:15 PM: Message edited by: Nightcrawler ]

Nightcrawler
Founder

quote:
Originally posted by Lightning Lad:
You know Caroline does for scrapping. [Smile]

I'll be sending you guys rolls of them.
Lightning Lad
Founder

I never saw that card! Damn!
Abin Quank
Except when I'm someone else...

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Abin Quank           Edit/Delete Post     
Just Imagine what the Con would have been like if DC had been as well prepared with LSH related swag as we were...

The mind boggles...

--------------------
Just an Old, Broke-Down, Drunk, Bum!!

With a Power Ring...

From: Westerly Rhode Island | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.