Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » Adopt a ceej! (Page 3)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Adopt a ceej!
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Lard Lad:
quote:
Originally posted by Kent Shakespeare:
...and/or mandatory listening to Celine Dion.

Godz, no crime is worth THAT! [Eek!]
We'll let you off with a listen of Snowbird by Anne Murray

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Faraway Lad
Senator of the UP. Permanent Ambassador to the Court of Saint James

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Faraway Lad   Email Faraway Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
A little known fact about Ceej's is that exposure to chocolate after dark can turn this cute furry lovable creature into an insatiable creature that demands more and more from its owners. Expect heavy bouts of drinking and dancing if you mistakenly feed a ceej chocolate after dark.

Apparently the only way to calm the little beggars down is to liberally douse them with whipped cream.

--------------------
Faithfull

From: Newcastle upon Tyne England | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monkey Eater Lad
Gorilla Griller

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Monkey Eater Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
I've read that the Ceej mating season lasts 364 days of the year - they only stop for Bastille Day. I'm waiting for my Ceej to be delivered from Colorado any day now.
From: Alameda, CA | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Floating Foxlike Creature
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Floating Foxlike Creature           Edit/Delete Post     
Dear sentients,

It is with great regret that I inform you of the indefinite suspension of our ceej adoption program.

It is not that the program has been unsuccessful; to the contrary, it has met with success far beyond our initial projections. However, we have discovered that the vast majority of ceejes that have been adopted to date were taken not for purposes of affection or companionship, but for the harvesting of their fine, luxuriantly soft hair.

Had we been aware of the great demand for ceej-hair attire on the black market, we would never have initiated the adoption program. Ceej-hair hats, gloves, sweaters, scarves, and shawls are now fetching outrageous sums on all known inhabited worlds. We have even seen a few of the especially trendy ceej-hair vests selling for upwards of five thousand credits.

It appears that nearly all of the adopted ceejes have been completely shorn of their hair and then abandoned at local animal shelters. Ceej hair takes several terran cycles to fully grow back, and most adopters do not find it profitable to care for and feed the ceejes during the long re-growing period. The annual cost of supplying a ceej with chocolate and alcohol alone is exorbitant and can bankrupt small planetoids.

In the meantime, we have thousands of abandoned ceejes on our hands. Please remember that a shaved ceej is no less affectionate or deserving of affection than a fully-haired ceej - perhaps even more so. If you would like to experience the joy of having a shaved ceej in your life, please let me know.

Much thanks,
F.F.C.

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Director Lad
aka Sudro Brown II

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Director Lad   Email Director Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Floating Foxlike Creature:
If you would like to experience the joy of having a shaved ceej in your life, please let me know.

Hey-o!
Can we say that?

From: Los Angeles, CA | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Abin Quank
Except when I'm someone else...

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Abin Quank           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Director Lad:
quote:
If you would like to experience the joy of having a shaved ceej in your life, please let me know.

Hey-o!
Can we say that?

[ROTFLMAO]

Thanx Sudro... Diet Pepsi all over the screen and wall and everything... Housekeeping is gonna think I had a wild party in here...

--------------------
Just an Old, Broke-Down, Drunk, Bum!!

With a Power Ring...

From: Westerly Rhode Island | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Dear sentients,

It is with great regret that I inform you of the indefinite suspension of our ceej adoption program.

It is not that the program has been unsuccessful; to the contrary, it has met with success far beyond our initial projections. However, we have discovered that the vast majority of ceejes that have been adopted to date were taken not for purposes of affection or companionship, but for the harvesting of their fine, luxuriantly soft hair.

Had we been aware of the great demand for ceej-hair attire on the black market, we would never have initiated the adoption program. Ceej-hair hats, gloves, sweaters, scarves, and shawls are now fetching outrageous sums on all known inhabited worlds. We have even seen a few of the especially trendy ceej-hair vests selling for upwards of five thousand credits.

It appears that nearly all of the adopted ceejes have been completely shorn of their hair and then abandoned at local animal shelters. Ceej hair takes several terran cycles to fully grow back, and most adopters do not find it profitable to care for and feed the ceejes during the long re-growing period. The annual cost of supplying a ceej with chocolate and alcohol alone is exorbitant and can bankrupt small planetoids.

In the meantime, we have thousands of abandoned ceejes on our hands. Please remember that a shaved ceej is no less affectionate or deserving of affection than a fully-haired ceej - perhaps even more so. If you would like to experience the joy of having a shaved ceej in your life, please let me know.

Much thanks,
F.F.C.

I'd love a naked ceej.

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov
Paraplegic tree sloth that's been sedated

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Quislet, Esq.:
quote:
quote:

I prefer You Needed Me... [sigh]

--------------------
"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me

From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

quote:
Originally posted by Pov:
quote:
Originally posted by Quislet, Esq.:
quote:
quote:

I prefer You Needed Me... [sigh]
I know! From Connecticut to Dallas and back. Nothing but You Needed Me

--------------------

Pov

Oh, you would have killed me if I did that... hell, I would've killed myself!

We couldn't even last 10 minutes listening to the Dallas theme, remember? [LOL]

--------------------
"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me

From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CJ Taylor
Schako Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CJ Taylor   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Shaved and nekkid?!?!??
From: Denver, CO | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Face it Ceej--you've supplanted the Cobester as LW's resident sex symbol! [Smile]

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov

Well, Cobie has taken himself off the market... [Big Grin]

--------------------

Caliente
Honoring the Primary Color Gang

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Caliente   Email Caliente         Edit/Delete Post     
And Cobie doesn't have the same softness of hair. *sagely nod*

--------------------
Abin: You know what to do with a Cali sandwich? No but neither do Cobie and CJ!
CJ: Yeah, we do. She's smiling, isn't she?

Context... who needs it?

From: Sunny Cali-- er, Planet Earth? | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
I don't know that we can really compare the two. Cobie is more of the studly-manly type, while CJ is more of the adorable-cute type.

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.