Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » The Next Gathering (Page 3)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 41 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  39  40  41   
Author Topic: The Next Gathering
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
<----------------shotgun rooming with CJ again for next meet-up! Cali is welcome too! [Big Grin]
From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
I don't think I'd be up for anything until spring, either a long weekend, or during my spring break in mid-March.

next summer's up in the air for me.

I like the post-Thanksgiving idea for WDW, but I have no idea where I'll be by then.

I would suggest we spread these gatherings around so as to best allow those who usually cannot make them to attend.

Summer, outside of a specific con/event, might be best avoided given high-season travel costs.

Maybe we could get into a spring/fall trend?

Maybe...
Spring 09 - Pacific NW?
Fall 09 - WDW?
Spring 10 - Vegas?
Fall 10 -Mid-Ohio or Baltimore?

There's nothing to stop individual/spontaneous Con and non-con meet-ups as well, of course, but a tough schedule might help people who need more lead time to plan.

From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caliente
Honoring the Primary Color Gang

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Caliente   Email Caliente         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Cobalt Kid:
<----------------shotgun rooming with CJ again for next meet-up! Cali is welcome too! [Big Grin]

I'm there! [Big Grin]

--------------------
Abin: You know what to do with a Cali sandwich? No but neither do Cobie and CJ!
CJ: Yeah, we do. She's smiling, isn't she?

Context... who needs it?

From: Sunny Cali-- er, Planet Earth? | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stu
Time Trapper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stu   Email Stu         Edit/Delete Post     
Another idea for y'all...

Two words:

MARDI GRAS

w00t w00t!

[roof-raising motions]

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Caliente:
quote:

I'm there! [Big Grin]
You did notice that you are an afterthought to rooming with CJ?

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Is that really surprising? [Hmmm?]

[Smile]

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CJ Taylor
Schako Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CJ Taylor   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Iron Rat:
Another idea for y'all...

Two words:

MARDI GRAS

w00t w00t!

[roof-raising motions]

Count me in with the Rat!
From: Denver, CO | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CJ Taylor
Schako Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CJ Taylor   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:

This goes without saying for every Legion World meet up!
From: Denver, CO | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ravenette84
here by somewhat popular demand

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ravenette84   Author's Homepage   Email Ravenette84         Edit/Delete Post     
In theory I'll go just about anywhere for a meet up, considering my last one got cut super short and I had to miss all the good stuff.
(btw thanks for the care package nightcrawler and kent Shakespeare)

But I'd love to a see a con or part of the country I've never been to yet. (basically most of the mid-west and east coast is open). With that in mind it's mostly a factor of when, where, and how much are plane tickets going to go up in the mean time?

WDW would be oh so awesome if we did a non-con thing. Mostly for afore mentioned reasons of: we would have other things to see and do but all in a centralized location where we can split up. Also you really can bring other people and they would have fun too (who doesn't like an oversized mouse).

I'd also like to throw the idea for a non-con thing of maybe doing a cruise somewhere.
Yes this would in fact be a bigger undertaking, however a lot of the smaller issues would then be taken care of.
Fun for the whole family (check)
Rooms in a block area (check)
centralized meeting area (check)
Yummy food/drinks (check)
entertainment/nightlife (check)
stuff to see and do alone or with the group (check)
things we can do in groups big and small (check)
semi-cost effective (half check.. but if you plan in advance you can start saving now)
seeing things we haven't seen before (check!)
and fun filled memories to be had by all (big freakin' check)
Oh and if we have actual group of more than 10 people going we can get the discount group rate (basically the more people going the better discount you get). So just throwing the idea out there.

[ August 14, 2008, 09:41 AM: Message edited by: Ravenette84 ]

--------------------
Sometimes it's not worth chewing through the leather straps in the morning!

From: San Leandro, California | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Ravenette84:
(who doesn't like an oversized mouse).

A restaurant owner when the health department is in the restaurant?

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Quislet, Esq.:
quote:
Originally posted by Ravenette84:
(who doesn't like an oversized mouse).

A restaurant owner when the health department is in the restaurant?
Don't spoil Ratatouille for people who haven't seen it, Quis! [Evil]

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blue Battler
Honorary

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blue Battler   Email Blue Battler         Edit/Delete Post     
Hopefully I can make a gathering next time. [Big Grin]

I've always wanted to go see Las Vegas.

I haven't been to Walt Disney World in about 32 years, so I could do that too. [Big Grin]

I'm not too far from Chicago, so I could swing that as well. (Think I could actually take the train to go there.)

Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Saturn Girl
Always Leave Them Spellbound

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Saturn Girl           Edit/Delete Post     
Tell you what, since it put me in the hospital when we got back to Salt Lake (from cellulitis in my legs from swelling) I will NEVER walk around Las Vegas in 108 degree heat again. I love Vegas, and I will not regret getting to see the musical BITE at the Stratosphere, but the heat and strain of walking the strip in that temperature was sheer hell. Lucky Darden and Jen didn't melt, being from the UK....

Scott, Stacey and I want to go to Disney World. We absolutely had a ball at Disney Land, although by that point I was starting to limp and to slow everyone down. Anywhere we go I can rock it if we do it in the colder months, I promise!

So Blue, what else does Chi-Town have to offer besides urban chupacabras???? Kidding, I've wanted to visit Chicago since 1990 when I wanted to meet my favorite vampire/singer and his band, Vlad and the Dark Theater, at the Vampire Circus and Horror Con. I wonder if they still even have that?

From: Utah (non-Mormon!!!) | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
Chicago has a lot of interesting architecture, if they haven't torn it down to build big ugly condos. I just got a glimpse of it when I was at the Wizard Con two years ago. It certainly appeared to be vampire-worthy!

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Director Lad:
[QB]Here are some of my thoughts:
I like the idea of gathering somewhere where there's lots of activity, so I favor any of a con, a big city, or Disney. I'm leaning more toward cons or Disney, rather than just getting together somewhere like Vegas or NYC. Seems to me that just meeting somewhere to meet, without a background activity, will require a lot more day-to-day scheduling, instead of the spontaneity we had in SD.

Small gatherings of six or less have worked well without cons - Vegas 06 (can't speak for 08) and Niagara 05 come to mind. But the higher we go into the double-digits the more your points will take on additional validity.

then again, a camping trip (or cabins) where there is deliberately little to do also solves that problem.

From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 41 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  39  40  41   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.