Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » ...in-between places...

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: ...in-between places...
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Somewhere in-between places, in-between space, time and other dimensions...where those here are unseen or unheard among the rest of the living, but only felt as a breeze, or heard as a whispered voice, or the tinnish taste of blood in one's mouth...

Cobalt Kid and Lard Lad watch as shadows the rest of Legion World.

Now we can at last talk freely Lardy, where no one else can spy upon us.

Several months ago, a man came to Legion World named Tomahawk. He was from 18th Century, Earth, of all places. How in the world did he end up here? Curious, and still in charge of the Security Office, I investigated. Through my investigation, and with the help of some scientific experimenting with Mystery Lad and Time Boy, I believe I know what happened. Somehow, for some reason, Tomahawk did not just end up on Legion World. He completely switched places with one of our citizens.

When Tomahawk came here, he took the place…of Liberty Monkey.

Bear with me now. Liberty Monkey is gone. He has not time-traveled or space traveled. He has completely swapped places with Tomahawk, and now lives in the 18th century, on Earth. Apparently, according to Time Boy, he is essential in helping the United States of America win the Revolutionary War and draft the Constitution. Or some bit of historical trivia.

But it got me thinking—how in the world is that possible? It is not the first time that has happened. Years ago, we had two citizens on Legion World, Danny Blaine (you now know him as Mattropolis), and Mantis. Neither could be on Legion World at the same time; when one occupied time here, the other was forced to go to wherever the ‘other place’ was.

I believe this trend has to of with the nature of Legion World itself. That wheel we just turned…we somehow accessed the planet’s ability to coerce the forces of space & time. We are now ‘in-between space and time’ albeit, momentarily, before we shortly will begin to transport back to normal. Which, by the way, I have no idea where we’ll end up. Somewhere on Legion World in the present, I hope.

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Man, that's fucking weird, Des!

I guess it'll be momentary thing...Des, I got all my memory back after I pulled that bit of my soul outta you. It's a LOT for me to take in. I...I did something pretty irredeemable after the Mordru incident...after Dru was murdered. I don't know how to deal with it...

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

<puts hand on Lardy; because they are both in between places, they can feel each other>

You will deal with it Lardy. Because you’re much stronger than you give yourself credit for. But you owe it to yourself to remember Dru. And your children. And all the good. What happened in the Dark Oval, and during the Invasion, it wasn’t pretty, but it made you who you are. You literally died and came back. If there was ever a moment in which someone who believed in second chances thought was ripe for such a thing, its now.

As for current events, I know I’m making no sense. I will though.

The more I investigated the Tomahawk/Liberty Monkey switch, the more I came back to the unique properties of Legion World. I’d always known about them, but only tangentially. The planet has some control over time & space, as you can now see. And other unbreakable dimensions as well. And knowing what I did, I know it is usually no accident when such a ‘switch’ would occur. In other words, for Tomahawk and Liberty Monkey to be switched, it had to have been done by someone.

But what purpose would that serve? Knowing both of them, in my mind, it serves very little. Unless it was an experiment. A test. Someone trying to discern the true properties of the planet and what they really mean.

And so, I found one of the five great places on Legion World that appear to truly harness these universal forces. And I built the Travel Agency on top of it. That wheel, you see, has been there for many a long century.

This “person” manipulating events, I’ve come to believe, has been in the background as our enemy for sometime. Whether one of our long enemies or someone only aware of Legion World because of the Five Faces of Death event, they have been here since then. You see, in the Five Faces, that Tower that none of us understood. I think in some way it was a corporal representation of the planet’s control of these universal forces of space/time.

I began to investigate this person, but I didn’t think it was right to tell anyone. Because I couldn’t trust anyone anymore. You blaming me for your death…and the idea people were appearing on Legion World that perhaps should not be here. I resigned from the Security Office and the LMB and created the RMB as a front (though I did mean what I said about the LMB getting stagnant). I brought in Mayavale, because as I always tell you guys, the man is brilliant. And I brought in Kent Shakespeare, whose contacts at the Bureau of External Investigations could help me. And we started to hunt for “The Traveler” as we called him, because I theorized he was using the planet’s forces to travel through time & space.

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
And have you found this "Traveller"?

--------------------

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

No, we have not. Here's what I've learned. This Traveler is one and the same as "Justin Thyme" and "The Second Shooter" who tried to kill me. Obviously, because of what I know.

He also has help on Legion World. Given the nature of his motives thus far, I believe there is at least one or two others helping him.

You see, I think the Traveler is trying to get here, to Legion World. I think he's stuck somewhere across time and space and is desperately trying to use the planet's forces to reemerge. If Liberty Monkey was the sacrifice LW demanded for Tomahawk's appearance, who then would be the sacrifice for this Traveler? Would it be more than one of us?

<holds up hand>

That doesn't make sense but let me explain further.

"Justin Thyme" tried to kill me, but he's not here on Legion World physically. He's been trying to get here for months. And sometimes, he can visit, using time and space to transport his conscious here. But like the planet demands, someone else's conscious must be sacrificed.

So the Justin Thyme sends his conscious, taking over someone else's body, and uses it to complete his tasks. The Second Shooter could have been any one of us, you see? For however briefly, the two switched places, only instead of a full-on switch like Tomahawk and Liberty Monkey, it was temporarily--only their consciousness was traveling through time.

The Enemy is trying to get here. And there are people trying to help him arrive.

Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Who could they be? Do we have any suspects?

You've always hinted that you know more about my resurrection, even acted like you expected it. Does that have anything to do with this traveller?

--------------------

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Jailbait Lass keeps a steady stream of chatter available for me on Legion World. Usually its a boring job that produces almost no results, but occassionally something hits. I picked up the phrase "ressurction machine" not too long ago, and then started to keep an eye out for it.

Poor Lolita...I've kept her in the dark for months. She's been acting so different lately. I'm not sure why.

Anyway, I think your ressurection stems from there. Lardy, I think the Traveler somehow switched with me some months back and used to kill you. I didn’t think it was possible for the longest time…but when you started to regain your memories, I started getting memories of my own that I didn’t realize I had. Somehow he switched our conscious’ through time and space and used me against you. I didn’t even know it until now. And he must have done the same when you attacked Clive—he must have been using you in the same way to kill him. That’s two murders, and he used us as his weapons. This is perhaps one of the greatest threats we’ve ever known, and right here is the only place we can stay off his radar, and its fleeting.

Legion World is now in serious danger. Whoever this Traveler / Justin Thyme / Second Shooter is, he's trying to get to Legion World. And he's found a way to use the properties of the planet to send his conscious forward in time to transplant one of us LMBers, until he can make a full-on switch like he did with Tomahawk and Liberty Monkey. There must be a reason why he's not able to do it yet...perhaps he's literally stuck somewhere in space/time. It would make sense--how else would he know about Leigon World?

But he must have help here too. Otherwise it simply couldn't be done.

And it happens at the most unique time. You see, I recently saw Abin Quank. And I think he's attempting to do almost the same exact thing as the Traveler. Except, do it without the sacrifice. I think he's trying to restore Pagan Lass through magic, and he might have somehow found a means. In that regard, we need to find Numbnuts the Semi-Incomprehensible--this oddity is resopnsible for the attack on Roy; he's searching for Stu, and is somehow connected to Abin's attempts to harness this energy too. Is he an agent of the Traveler / Justin Thyme? Honestly, I don't know. But he's based in magic, so maybe not...?

We're running out of time now Lardy. Is there anything else we need to discuss before we get sent back?

<puts hand on shoulder>

Do you trust me again?

[ February 25, 2009, 02:42 PM: Message edited by: Cobalt Kid ]

Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

I do.

<gives him a quick hug>

It's good to be back!

But you're SO dense about Lolita! <gives him an elbow bump> You mean to tell me you have NO IDEA she's madly in love with you?!?! It's freakin' OBVIOUS!

Des, when all this is over with, you've gotta either get together with her once and for all (and dump that snobby Princess of yours)--or you gotta tell her it ain't happening! The poor kid's in pieces over you!!

--------------------

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

<smiles over hug>

Its good to have you back--welcome back to the fight. This time, our side will win.

As for Lolita...hm...I...I really need to do some thinking. Madly in love with me? I honestly didn't realize...

<suddenly, both Lardy and Cobalt begin to come more in focus>

Uh-oh, here we go, Lardy. I think the effects of time/space are starting to work on us again. We'll start to materialize, sometime, some place, hopefully on Legion World. We should be together...

Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

<effect makes him woozy>

ohhhh...I'm gonna barf! [Disgusting]

<gets all over Cobalt>

...er...sorry...

--------------------

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

...now..its really like old times...

<nose starts to bleed>

...here we go...

Cobalt and Lardy appear elsewhere

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.