Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » Who is Shining Son the son of ?!?! (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: Who is Shining Son the son of ?!?!
Exnihil
back in black (and white)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Exnihil   Email Exnihil         Edit/Delete Post     
For almost a year now, the poster called "Shining Son" has been quietly working his way into the Legion World community with his thoughtful and well-reasoned posts. Insidious, I tell you!

Not once in all that time, however, has he come forth to explain his mysterious moniker.

Shining "Son", indeed. Just whose son is he anyway?

No, no, Shiny... don't try to explain now. You had your chance, now it's our turn. J'accuse...

...someone on Legion World!

Normally, any time a person with an unexplained parentage shows up, I'd immediately suspect Cobie, but that seems too obvious. No, this is more subtle.

"Shining" son... hmmm... well, the son in "The Shining" was named "Danny" so... maybe "Danny Blaine"? But that boy was always talking to his imaginary friend, "Tony"... could it be Lard Lad? Although... I did see "The Shining" on a T.V "Set". No... too obscure. What else shines? A "Candle"...?

Hmmm... this could take a while...

--------------------
See Here for the latest update on the 2013 Chicago Gathering (now including tentative attendance list)

Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
Maybe rather than 'shine' the rootword is actually deliberately misdirected... From 'shin'!

And who is the LWer obsessed with shins to get her kicks?

Maybe SS is really Thriftshop Debutante's son!

From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave Hackett
The Red Legionnaire

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave Hackett           Edit/Delete Post     
Due to the unsanctioned use of a Time Bubble, he is his own son.
From: Moncton, New Brunswick, Canada | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Tamper Lad, being an Evil Genius, is very bright. That's a possibility.

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
"Shining Son" sounds vaguely Japanese. And Ibby is from the Philippines, which is kind of like Japan. Plus, light powers and stuff. So, it's kind of plausible...
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Legion Tracker
Veteran

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Legion Tracker           Edit/Delete Post     
^ And "Rickshaw" sounds kinda Japanese...and Rick talks about his "son" a lot...

--------------------
"Been killed--didn't like it." (Duplicate Damsel, Legion of Super-Heroes #10)

From: Groga | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for He Who Wanders   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Every time I see Shining Son's name, I hear this song in my head.

So, that's it. SS is the son of Maurice White (or Verdine White or Philip Bailey or . . .)

--------------------
The Semi-Great Gildersleeve - writing, super-heroes, and this 'n' that

From: The Stasis Zone | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46
or you can do the confusion 'til your head falls off

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
I hear he's the son of a sea cook.

Anyone seen Abin around lately?

[Hmmm?]

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
Also, is new member Blaze a sibling of his?

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KryptonKid
Khyddae Kryptoneum

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KryptonKid   Author's Homepage   Email KryptonKid         Edit/Delete Post     
I'm surprised noone's accused Cobie yet, just cuz, well,...that's Cobie.

--------------------
~Integritas~

From: Bgtzl Proper | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester

The fact that Shining Son isn't evil is a huge strike against the Cobie theory!
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exnihil
back in black (and white)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Exnihil   Email Exnihil         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by He Who Wanders:
So, that's it. SS is the son of Maurice White (or Verdine White or Philip Bailey or . . .)

Hmmm... He Who Wanders seems to be trying to distract the search away from Legion World. I wonder why...

Saaaaaaaay... wait a minute... I seem to recall that right around the time that Shining Son arrived here:

-

He Who changed his long-used avatar:

-

How did that old song go? Oh, yeah:

I'm the type of guy who will never settle down
Where pretty girls are well, you know that I'm around
I kiss 'em and I love 'em 'cause to me they're all the same
I hug 'em and I squeeze 'em they don't even know my name

They call me the wanderer
Yeah, the wanderer
I roam around, around, around

Yep... Huey is definitely going on the short list!

--------------------
See Here for the latest update on the 2013 Chicago Gathering (now including tentative attendance list)

Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
I feel in my gut that he must be the son of Fart Girl...but I can't back that up. [No]

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester

quote:
Originally posted by Lard Lad:
I feel in my gut...

That may just be gas.
He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for He Who Wanders   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Exnihil:
[QBYep... Huey is definitely going on the short list![/QB]

Circumstantial evidence! That's all you've got.

(Good thing you haven't noticed that I changed my avatar to Validus, who is the SON of two Legionnaires, and later to Wildfire, who is an ORPHAN . . .)

--------------------
The Semi-Great Gildersleeve - writing, super-heroes, and this 'n' that

From: The Stasis Zone | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.