Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » Legion World TOP 40 of November and December2012 (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Legion World TOP 40 of November and December2012
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Conjure Lass:
*weeps* I'm...I'm never going to get on that list at the rate I'm going. NEEVAAAHHRRRRR.

As for whether I like it: I do. It's kind of fun to see who posted the most over the past month vs. who has posted the most EVER. That list probably isn't going to move as much as this one.

I want to like, send people cookies for being awesome posters. Everybody likes cookies, right? Right?

good point. Maybe the 'hot 100' only needs to be updated a few times a year?

It is nice to see the 100 now and again, but a list like this seems more reflective of actual regular users.

From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blockade Boy
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blockade Boy   Email Blockade Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
quote:
And besides, as Conjure Lass herself points out, she may be entering the top 150 or 180 (or 200, as I've now extended that list) within the next month or two, so that would enable her to have a smashing debut!
I'm hoping to break 250 relevant posts by December! If so i'm breaking out the champagne, baby!

*toasts*

We have Time Trappers without 250 relevant posts. Irreverent on the other hand....
From: East Toledo | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
Hey...I resemble that remark.
From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for He Who Wanders   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Kent Shakespeare:
quote:
*weeps* I'm...I'm never going to get on that list at the rate I'm going. NEEVAAAHHRRRRR.

As for whether I like it: I do. It's kind of fun to see who posted the most over the past month vs. who has posted the most EVER. That list probably isn't going to move as much as this one.

I want to like, send people cookies for being awesome posters. Everybody likes cookies, right? Right?

good point. Maybe the 'hot 100' only needs to be updated a few times a year?

It is nice to see the 100 now and again, but a list like this seems more reflective of actual regular users.

Good suggestion. I may update the HOT 100 quarterly or so.

--------------------
The Semi-Great Gildersleeve - writing, super-heroes, and this 'n' that

From: The Stasis Zone | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Viridis Lament
Cenobyte. Cthulhu. God.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Viridis Lament   Author's Homepage   Email Viridis Lament         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Fanfic Lady:
I heart both lists.

71 posts on a busy month. Yay me!

You beat me by a fair bit and I posted more than normal. Yay you indeed!! [Smile]

quote:
I'm hoping to break 250 relevant posts by December! If so i'm breaking out the champagne, baby!

*toasts*

If we are only counting relevant posts my count is around 27....for the entire time I've been a member
From: Fort McMurray | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fanfic Lady   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Thank you, VL. [Big Grin]

--------------------
"I know it's gonna happen someday."

Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Space Ranger
Private Dick

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Space Ranger   Email Space Ranger         Edit/Delete Post     
Seems I've got some catching up to do.

--------------------
Truth and Justice shall Prevail!
(Just as soon as the Check Clears!)

From: The Back Office in Abin's Fixit Shop. | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
quote:
And besides, as Conjure Lass herself points out, she may be entering the top 150 or 180 (or 200, as I've now extended that list) within the next month or two, so that would enable her to have a smashing debut!

*toasts*

And we'll be here to toast with ya, CL [Wink]

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

I [Love] both lists, but I think Kent's suggestion of updating this one monthly, and the other one only ever quarter, is quite sound.

And thanks for preparing this one, HWW! Thanks for all the hard work [Smile]

--------------------

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for He Who Wanders   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
December 2012

So here’s how this month’s Top 40 looks.

This format is nifty because more people debut on this chart than on the old one (though the notion a few old timers being “NEW” seems kind of odd). Also, people move up and down the chart in a much more dramatic fashion than on the regular Hot 100. (And chart drama is part of what makes all this fun.)

I had to make a hard choice regarding ties. In the interest of fairness, I’ve always listed posters who have an equal number of posts at the same position. But smaller post totals result in a lot of ties, diluting the value of any particular position, in my view. So I’ve gone back to the old policy (used by Portfolio Boy when he started ranking posters way back when) of using seniority to break ties: i.e., whichever poster registered on the site first gets the higher or highest position. (November’s chart has been modified to reflect this change, as well.) While admittedly biased towards those of us who have been on the site longer, this policy should suit our needs . . . at least until two posters who registered on the same day tie!

As always, let me know what you think.

Biggest Movers:
Viridis Lament–from No. 23 to No. 5
Blacula—from 37 to 24
Shining Son—from 32 to 22
Emily Sivana—from 35 to 26
cleome46—from 11 to 3
Fanfic Lady—from 21 to 14

Biggest Drops:
Everyday Girl—from 18 to 31
Jerry—from 17 to 27
Sarcasm Kid—from 30 to 40
Leap Year Lord—from 8 to 17
SharkLad—from 26 to 35
Vee—from 29 to 38

What the numbers on the left mean:
This Month-Last Month-Chart Appearances-Highest Position

1-1-2-1 Invisible Brainiac—556
2-2-2-2 Eryk Davis Ester—478
3-11-2-3 cleome46—340
4-5-2-4 Power Boy—244
5-23-2-5 Viridis Lament—240
6-4-2-4 Dev – Em—238
7-9-2-7 Quislet, Esq.—202
8-10-2-8 Cobalt Kid—189
9-3-2-3 Kent Shakespeare—166
10-6-2-6 MLLASH—151

11-16-2-11 Set—137
12-7-2-7 Legion Tracker—126
13-15-2-13 Rockhopper Lad—118
14-21-2-14 Fanfic Lady—111
15-14-2-14 He Who Wanders—109
16-12-2-16 Exnihil—102
17-8-2-8 Leap Year Lord—97
18-19-2- 18 Future—88
19-24-2-19 rickshaw1—68
20-NEW-1-20 Space Ranger—64

21-13-2-13 Lard Lad—63
22-32-2-22 Shining Son—56
23-20-2-20 Chaim Mattis Keller—43
24-37-2-24 Blacula—42
25-33-2-25 Harbinger—39
26-35-2-25 Emily Sivana—39
27-17-2-17 Jerry—37
28-22-2-22 Reboot—34
29-31-2-29 Blockade Boy—33
30-NEW-1-30 Fat Cramer—30

31-18-2-18 Everyday Girl—30
32-36-2-32 Malvolio—29
33-NEW-1-33 razsolo—25
34-28-2-28 Dave Hackett—21
35-26-2-26 SharkLad—18
36-NEW-1-36 Mystery Lad—17
37-NEW-1-37 Renly Fox—17
38-29-2-29 Vee—16
39-NEW-1-39 Novelty—16
40-30-2-30 Sarcasm Kid—16

[ December 04, 2012, 07:45 PM: Message edited by: He Who Wanders ]

--------------------
The Semi-Great Gildersleeve - writing, super-heroes, and this 'n' that

From: The Stasis Zone | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
Well, I like any list I'm part of... More interesting to look at the active posters, but the Top 100 certainly reminds us of our own Legion World Lost posters. Quarterly would be often enough for the Top 100, even semi-annually.

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
Yeah I'm kind of digging the "what's hot right now" aspect of this chart... it's more Billboardesque that way...

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blockade Boy
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blockade Boy   Email Blockade Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
It's NOT a competition people. Think of the added quality of life if you were to limit your posting to say, oh, 29-30 posts a month. [Big Grin]
From: East Toledo | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Blockade Boy:
It's NOT a competition people. Think of the added quality of life if you were to limit your posting to say, oh, 29-30 posts a month. [Big Grin]

Ah, but given the agita brought to me by my work and my family, spending time here *is* part of my quality of life!
Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Nice, I love being in on the ground floor of this chart [Big Grin] Thanks HWW, I like this monthly chart and second FC's notion that you can focus on this and update the Top 100 every few months, especially if it means less work for you.

quote:
Originally posted by Blockade Boy:

I usually post during my lunch break or while in transit, and I genuinely love being here, so not an issue for me either [Razz]

[ December 04, 2012, 09:43 PM: Message edited by: Invisible Brainiac ]

--------------------

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.