Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Visionaries of Tomorrow » A photo, please, Steve... (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: A photo, please, Steve...
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Reading through your posts recently, Steve, it occurs to me...I have NO idea what you look like!

If you're uncomfortable with the request, I'll understand. But you're our most visible (and I daresay, most popular!) Legion creator, and I think I'm probably not the only one who would like to attach a face to the name.

So please consider either posting a pic of yourself or giving one of us who may have a scan handy permission to do so. Thanks!

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the boy with UltraPowers
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for the boy with UltraPowers   Author's Homepage   Email the boy with UltraPowers         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by LARDLAD:
Reading through your posts recently, Steve, it occurs to me...I have NO idea what you look like!

If you're uncomfortable with the request, I'll understand. But you're our most visible (and I daresay, most popular!) Legion creator, and I think I'm probably not the only one who would like to attach a face to the name.

So please consider either posting a pic of yourself or giving one of us who may have a scan handy permission to do so. Thanks!

i'd like to see a pic, too !!

it's always interesting to see what creators look like, artists more than writers in my opinion !!

some how i wanna see if they resemble any of their creations .....

Matthew.

From: Manchester United Kingdom | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
I'd love to see a pic of Steve. I have one but I don't know if it is our Steve or another Steve Lightle. If he gives his permission I could post it and he could tell us if it is him or not.
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SteveLightle
15 minutes and counting ...

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SteveLightle   Email SteveLightle         Edit/Delete Post     
I can only think of one photo that might be on the web. It was taken by Jeff Moy. I think he may have posted it to LegionPics awhile back.

Feel free to post away ... and I'll let you know if it's me or some imposter. : )

Steve

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Steve! Man are you up late!

I've edited out the other pic that was obviously not Steve but just someone who shares his name. This is the pic that Jeff posted to LegionPics and features Steve and his lovely significant other Marianne.

-

[ July 29, 2003, 01:19 AM: Message edited by: Lightning Lad ]

From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Hey! He looks kinda like me!

Or maybe he is m...never mind, already too many "me"s going around as it is! [Wink]

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kid Therod
active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kid Therod   Email Kid Therod         Edit/Delete Post     
Um, guys, that's not Steve, that's Starboy. [Big Grin]

--------------------
Therod, Kid Therod.
God Bless us Everyone.

From: Harlingen | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Kid Therod:
Um, guys, that's not Steve, that's Starboy. [Big Grin]

Dreamer will not be pleased....
From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by LARDLAD:
Hey! He looks kinda like me!

Or maybe he is m...never mind, already too many "me"s going around as it is! [Wink]

I don't know what you could be talking about, Lardy!
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SteveLightle
15 minutes and counting ...

Icon 3 posted      Profile for SteveLightle   Email SteveLightle         Edit/Delete Post     
Yes, that is the picture taken by Jeff Moy. It's funny seeing my wife with long brown hair. I've finally gotten used to it being short and blonde.

As some of you know, Marianne was my model for Mentalla, almost twenty years ago. Back then, she was blonde, and looked pretty much the way Mentalla looked in the comic ... although without the yellow eye shadow that Carl Gafford gave Mentalla. For a brief time, Marianne decided to try dark hair, as you see in the photo.

Well, in the last year Marianne has been undergoing chemo therapy and lost most of her hair. She's also lost quite a bit of weight, as happens during this type of treatment. Now her hair has started growing back, and it's blonde again ... It's like the Return of Mentalla. Anyway, I've become used to her short hair look (which is quite nice), and I hardly recognized her in this picture from a little over a year ago.

By the way ... Mentalla says, "Hi."

Steve Lightle

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Omni Craig
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Omni Craig   Email Omni Craig         Edit/Delete Post     
Steve,

Thanks for sharing about your wife, I hadn't heard about the cancer. My thoughts and prayers go out to you both for good health and a long life together!!

--------------------
Craig C.

- Time travel stories are told in chronillogical order.

From: Santa Ana, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
Steve, when I saw the picture I wanted to ask about your wife's health since you mentioned it in a Legion chat some time ago. I certainly wish her the best and hope for a complete recovery!

[ July 31, 2003, 02:46 PM: Message edited by: DrakeB3003 ]

From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Steve,

Caroline and I send our love and best wishes to you and Marrianne on her fight. Caroline's mother is undergoing chemo now for colon cancer that was discovered recently when it was almost too advanced. Being 77 they were unsure how she would handle the surger and subsequent treatments but she's taking it like a champ. I hope that Marrianne and yourself just keep good thoughts and know there are others out there to support you.

Scott

matlock
Advisory

Icon 1 posted      Profile for matlock   Email matlock         Edit/Delete Post     
Steve, I'm terribly sorry to hear about your wife's illness. There's not much we can do to help I guess, but you'll both be with us in our thoughts and prayers.

Matt C.

PS: That's a great photo. I was surprised by the dark hair on "Mentalla!"

[ July 31, 2003, 02:04 PM: Message edited by: matlock ]

From: Douglasville, GA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
macrab2
Honorary

Icon 1 posted      Profile for macrab2   Email macrab2         Edit/Delete Post     
Hey, Steve.

I also wanted to jump in and wish your wife the very best.

I'm in the same boat, my wife has been battling breast cancer for the last year...after months of chemo and all the other abuse her hair is just starting to grow back.

My prayers to you and your family...

Mike

From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.