Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Visionaries of Tomorrow » A photo, please, Steve... (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: A photo, please, Steve...
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
Steve,

Just wanted the echo the sentiments of the other posters in regards to your wife. I hope for the best.

--EDE

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SteveLightle
15 minutes and counting ...

Icon 3 posted      Profile for SteveLightle   Email SteveLightle         Edit/Delete Post     
Thank you all for your thoughtful comments concerning Marianne's health. I know that she and I both appreciate your prayers and words of encouragement.

To Mike and Scott, and all those who are concerned for the health of their loved ones, my best wishes. I firmly believe that it helps to stay positive. I think that a component of the human creature is the ability to change our situation through the exercising of our will. Most religions refer to this as faith, and that's not a bad word to describe it. I don't think that the power of belief is limited to those who think of themselves as religious, though. I believe that we were designed to exercise this power of our will. We probably effect our situations daily by believing in one outcome or another, whether good or bad.

I say all of this to encourage you all, as you encourage us. Stay positive and focus on the result that you want to see. If you believe in a loving God, then pray with your whole heart. If you believe in the power of human determination, then stay positive and expect good results. In any case, whatever you do, don't give in to despair.

Once again, thanks for being an encouragement to Marianne and I.

Sincerely,
Steve Lightle

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rickshaw1
Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rickshaw1   Email rickshaw1         Edit/Delete Post     
Steve, i would also like to extend my best wishes for your wife.

I am very familiar with cancer in my family. My grandfather, an aunt, an uncle, another uncle, and more than a few of my dads friends over the years. Its not pretty, but it seemed as if the best medicine was a positive outlook, which i am sure she has.

She is in our thoughts.

--------------------
Damn you, you kids! Get off my lawn or I'm callin' tha cops!

Something pithy!

From: South Carolina | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wayne3003
New Old Guy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wayne3003   Author's Homepage   Email Wayne3003         Edit/Delete Post     
Steve, I hope all is well with your beautiful wife's health!

I thank you for the pleasure that the "Umbra Spotlight" issue of The Legion brought me. I enjoyed it so much I had to buy two!

From: Athens, Georgia | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 7 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
Here's to hoping that all is well. [Smile]

-

From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
Steve,

I offer up my thoughts and prayers to your lovely wife, as well as yourself. You both need them.

Whatever we believe, support is always needed.

I suggest all that are able to look into donating blood as often as possible, and to check out the donation of platelets(sp?). My wifee and I are doing both for a two year old son of some friends of ours that is going to start a new round of chemo this month. My father is donating for another friends three year old daughter.

Check into getting yourself onto the Bone Marrow registry...a life may be touched if you do. There are usually free testings around if you look for them.

Sorry if I seem a little over the top here, but I love boith these children a great deal, and I want to help the other children out there that I don't know.

Thanks

[ October 01, 2003, 08:07 AM: Message edited by: Dev Em ]

From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.