Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Visionaries of Tomorrow » Legion #24 is Coming! (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Legion #24 is Coming!
SteveLightle
15 minutes and counting ...

Icon 3 posted      Profile for SteveLightle   Email SteveLightle         Edit/Delete Post     
Everyone always worries about anticipointment. That's what can set in when a project is talked about so far in advance of its release that anticipation may turn to anxiety. After a certain point, does it become impossible to satisfy the accumulated expectations of the readers?

Face it ... Quite a few people have suggested that this issue will be fantastic. Hmmm, maybe it would be better if you opened the book expecting garbage ... that way you are going to be so happy that it doesn't stink. LOL! I can hear it now ... "Wow! This latest issue of Legion isn't the worst comic I've ever read! Cool!"

Well, whether you are expecting junk or jewels, Legion #24 will be out soon.

Psych yourself up for it! keep telling yourself that Steve Lightle's LEGION #24 just might not make you physically ill. With such re configured low expectations, you are bound to be impressed ... but don't tell anyone I said so. We don't want to have to worry about anticipointment.

AND ... If this issue doesn't make you sick ... There's always my next issue of Legion! [Invisible Kid]

Steve Lightle

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
Steve Lightle is a has-been who I wouldn't trust to draw straws, much less the Legion! I can't believe they're letting him do another issue! I suppose I'll buy this one, and maybe read it... but, man, I bet it's going to suck.

[Big Grin]

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov
Paraplegic tree sloth that's been sedated

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
[Laugh Out Loud] [Laugh Out Loud] [Laugh Out Loud] !!!

Looking forward to it, Steve! [Cool]

From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blockade Boy
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blockade Boy   Email Blockade Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Suck so big that I'm gonna tell all the people I don't like to buy it. Heck I'm gonna tell all the people I like to buy it just in case they do something bad in the future! I gonna tell my comic guy to put this issue on the front desk so I can get back at people I don't even know!

Suck, suck, suck, and I bet Shady looks like Two Face after his pen explodes.

From: East Toledo | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 3 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
 -
From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
Really, Steve - the cover alone is worth the price of admission.

Just look at her - that lightning spear (something new), those snarling hordes of god-knows-what! Can't you just hear her snarling right back?

It'll be good just to get back in touch with Tasmia, EVEN IF she is rescued by Cub in the end!

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
Is the Magenta Eye of Ekkron in the upper lefthand corner?
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
Maybe one of your eyestalk friends EDE...

Uhhh...Tasmia isn't coming back as LiveWire, is she? [Wink]

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mattropolis

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mattropolis   Author's Homepage   Email Mattropolis         Edit/Delete Post     
I wondered about that too. Maybe Garth is possessing her, leading to his return in Foundations...

Nah...

--------------------
Touch the magic...

From: Morganfield, KY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
superboymddjr
Quiet member

Icon 1 posted      Profile for superboymddjr   Email superboymddjr         Edit/Delete Post     
about the cover...I remember that Steve said that some of those demons there were familiar...not their first time appeared on the cover....three of them...i am not sure how many...but Steve quizzed a few of us in DC MB, and someone guessed correctly.
From: Hayward, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SteveLightle

Icon 3 posted      Profile for SteveLightle   Email SteveLightle         Edit/Delete Post     
I do have a habit of casting crowd scenes from established life forms whenever possible. So, if some creatures look familiar to long time Legion readers, it may be that those life forms have appeared a few times before.

Steve

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
Can't get enough of that handsome cover! I *do* think it would work better with the goth-y PRE-Dream crime LEGION logo, though!

Looking forward to getting back in touch with both Umbra and Lightle's artwork!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

superboymddjr
Quiet member

Icon 1 posted      Profile for superboymddjr   Email superboymddjr         Edit/Delete Post     
say, just want someone to verify that for me - Legion #24 will be out on this Wednesday the 17th right?
From: Hayward, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SteveLightle

I heard someone say that it was 9 days until the book was in the stores. That would mean, what ... next Wednesday? Anyone got an official release date for confirmation?

Steve

Reboot
Common sense is neither common, nor sense.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
Here's the solicit:

quote:
THE LEGION #24
Written by Dan Abnett and Andy Lanning; art and cover by Steve Lightle

Legendary Legion artist Steve Lightle returns for an issue spotlighting the team’s darkest member: Umbra! On extended leave from the Legion, Umbra heads home to see if her birth world holds any clues to the disappearance of her powers. But things have changed on Talok VIII, and the darkness that was once her friend is now her enemy.

September 24 :: 32 pages :: $2.50

So, errors and delays excepted, yeah - nine days.

Incidentally, Toonzone has a bigger, clearer version of the cover, but they don't let you hotlink/link from UBB MBs. But copy/pasting should work:

• http://comics.toonzone.net/solicitations/2003-09/dcuniverse/legion24.jpg

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.