Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Visionaries of Tomorrow » Legion # 24 Sneak Peek

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Legion # 24 Sneak Peek
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Steve was kind enough to share this sneak peak at the splash page to The Legion # 24 with us. Here is the text of his post to Legion UP:

quote:
Here's a preview of the splash page, scanned from an advance copy of the
book. I like Steve Wright's coloring on this page. Of course, it looks
much better in the actual comic.

While I generally think that comic book printing and coloring tend to
dilute the original art, I thought this was a nicely colored page.
Sometimes color can be used to very good effect ... as the many talented
colorists on ArtPost can attest.

Steve L.

And now, the scan:

-

[ September 16, 2003, 09:43 AM: Message edited by: Lightning Lad ]

From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the boy with UltraPowers
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for the boy with UltraPowers   Author's Homepage   Email the boy with UltraPowers         Edit/Delete Post     
great page !!!

Tasmia looks AMAZING !!!

looking forward to next week ......

Matthew.

From: Manchester United Kingdom | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
superboymddjr
Quiet member

Icon 1 posted      Profile for superboymddjr   Email superboymddjr         Edit/Delete Post     
is that the first page splash OR a CLIFFHANGER page? Looks like that she got into the big trouble...either first or last...gotta love that page! my gosh!
From: Hayward, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by superboymddjr:
is that the first page splash OR a CLIFFHANGER page? Looks like that she got into the big trouble...either first or last...gotta love that page! my gosh!

You raise a good question there superboy. DnA are notorious for having the splash as the last page of the issue with the title and credits at the end. Hmm. Now you've got me wondering. Is this Tasmia Thresholding back to Legion World for # 25 or arriving at Talok VIII?
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
superboymddjr
Quiet member

Icon 1 posted      Profile for superboymddjr   Email superboymddjr         Edit/Delete Post     
Hey, LL congrats on #2600! [Wink] Anyway, yeah I noticed the same thing...now I should be either thrilled OR be AFRAID of that Tasmia may be staying at Talok or back to the Legion. She's too popular to be in limbo? I remember Steve mentioned that Grev will make an appearance too. So...we will have to wait and see. Grrr...one more week to go!
From: Hayward, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
Sweet! It's good to see Steve's name in the credits of a Legion issue again! [Smile]

But wasn't this story's title supposed to pay homage to our own Shady?

And where is she? I hope she's okay! Anybody know?

[ September 16, 2003, 04:11 PM: Message edited by: Nightcrawler ]

From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
superboymddjr
Quiet member

WAIT A MINUTE!!! WAIT A MINUTE!!! maybe that page is indeed a MAJOR cliffhanger!!! that's a HUGE Spoiler!!!! my gosh....okay look at the lights and tell me what you think of that. My mind tells me that the lights are not the lights, they are the guns...shooting lasers at her...that's why she said "damn!".....

Wow...she is the first legionnaire fighting the ..........

PARADEMONS and Darkseid!!!! wow!

Omni Craig
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Omni Craig   Email Omni Craig         Edit/Delete Post     
I think its the splash page, and Tasmia has just arrived on her world, where the darkness has been pierced by the light.

Foreshadowing anyone?  -

And she looks amazing, indeed! I can't wait to see this issue, Steve!

--------------------
Craig C.

- Time travel stories are told in chronillogical order.

From: Santa Ana, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
Looks to me like she's caught in the headlights of some vehicle (one that operates in the dark a lot since there are so so many headlights!). I'll also guess that this is like the third or fourth page of the book.
From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
superboymddjr
Quiet member

Lightning lad quoted "DnA are notorious for having the splash as the last page of the issue with the title and credits at the end. Hmm. Now you've got me wondering. Is this Tasmia Thresholding back to Legion World for # 25 or arriving at Talok VIII?"

I said last page - cliffhanger - darkseid and parademon invading Talok VIII

Drake thought it might be on page 3 or 4....

so we have three possibilities. If one of us wins, what is the prize? [Smile] (psst...I have a LE Garth Ranzz - extra!!) [Big Grin]

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.