Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Visionaries of Tomorrow » Karate Kid 2

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Karate Kid 2
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
 -
From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
The original that inspired him...

-

From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
icefire
Just like old Times!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for icefire   Email icefire         Edit/Delete Post     
Love both versions of this character!!!!

--------------------
Let the Fun Begin!

From: tennessee | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SteveLightle
15 minutes and counting ...

Icon 3 posted      Profile for SteveLightle   Email SteveLightle         Edit/Delete Post     
My original intention for Myg was that he be brought in, not as an academy student, but as a physical trainer. After fighting his way to the top of a very skilled and violent heap on Lythal, he should have had much to teach the Legion about hand to hand combat.
Only problem ... He was only thirteen years old!

I figured that teacher student relationship, coupled with his age, would lead to many interesting character moments.

Steve

[ October 17, 2003, 07:44 AM: Message edited by: SteveLightle ]

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MYG
Once a Legionnaire...always a Legionnaire

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MYG   Email MYG         Edit/Delete Post     
I am now in my 23rd year as a Legion fan. I still can never get enough of these charaters.
Karate Kid (Val) and Karate Kid II (Myg) are two different characters. Myg, I thought, always had great potential. He was(in the preboot era) strong willed, a skilled fighter and had enough "edge" to his personality to make his interaction with everyone else very interesting. I can gaurantee that Myg and Grev Mallor (another charater with an edge to him) would have gone toe to toe on more than one ocassion. Both characters were around the same age, but never crossed paths (at least not on panel)when they were involved with the Legion. I know Grev attended the Academy and then eventually went back home to Talok VII. Myg was a member of the Subs before joining the LSH during that "5-year gap" period. I hope that we see Myg in the current incarnation of the Legion. I also hope that Grev Mallor's character can be restored (somehow) despite his fate in recent events of the Legion.

Long Live the Legion!!!

--------------------
Long Live the Legion!!!

From: Sayreville, NJ | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.