Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Visionaries of Tomorrow » The post-boot Wildfire

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: The post-boot Wildfire
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 4 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
Dave, have you had the chance to read Drake Burroughs' new origin yet?

What did you think? And how do you like his current look and style? Do you still see in him the character that you had created or is it someone totally new?

-

From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dark bamf
?

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dark bamf           Edit/Delete Post     
I actually haven't seen much of him in the post-boot Legion, but I've heard of the multiple personality business. It sounds pretty bizarre to me. As for his appearance--he at least looks enough like mi character to be recognizeable.

Dave

--------------------
Hey! Where the hell is my bamf smiley?

'D'OH!'
--Dave Cockrum, 2003

From: Pine Bush, NY | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
Thankfully, DnA have dropped / ignored the "merged entities" aspect of his origin. He has never displayed "multiple personalities" and as "Legion Lost #10" showed (since he narrated), he operates with ONE mind now (thank goodness).

Dave, if you're interested in how postboot Drake is being handled, "LLost #10" is the issue to get -- he hasn't really done that much apart from offer an ascerbic comment here and there outside of that issue.

Personally, as a big WILDFIRE fan, I like what DnA have been doing with him so far (aside from not showing him enough of course -- and I hope they show him blast out of his faceplate sometime).

From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Omni Craig
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Omni Craig   Email Omni Craig         Edit/Delete Post     
Absolutely agree with you Drake. Legion Lost #10 is the definitive post-boot Wildfire issue. I also liked the last 3 part story between Legion and Legionnaires, that led into Legion Lost. When Drake tells Imra "Thank you for needing a freak like me" (as he was just coming to terms with his new "energy being" state), and she tells him "You're Legion now." Yeah! But Legion Lost #10 is our "familiar" hothead.

And preboot, one of my favorite Wildfire scenes was when he faced down Omega in S/LSH #251. They showed him flip up the visor to reveal his energy inside the containment suit, and have a whole narrative about who he is and how he came to be. then Legion HQ is blown to high heaven.

And the dialogue between Superboy and Wildfire at the end is Legion spirit to the core. Dave, did you ever read that story? It was a two parter starting in #250, written by some newbie named "Steve Apollo" I believe. [Wink] [Roll Eyes] [Cool] Great Wildfire appearance!

(Okay, so it was Jim Starlin using an ALT ID.) [Smile]

--------------------
Craig C.

- Time travel stories are told in chronillogical order.

From: Santa Ana, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Omni Craig:
I also liked the last 3 part story between Legion and Legionnaires, that led into Legion Lost. When Drake tells Imra "Thank you for needing a freak like me" (as he was just coming to terms with his new "energy being" state), and she tells him "You're Legion now."

Speaking of "Widening Rifts", there was also the part where the Legion cruiser comes to the rescue traveling faster than it should and it turns out it's being pushed by M'onel and Drake. And of course when M'onel mentions the strain and asks how Wildfire (then ERG-1) is doing, Drake's response was "I'm fine." It displayed not only his sheer power, but the familiar Drake bravado we know and love.
From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dark bamf
?

Nope, sorry, I didn't read that book. There was a long period when I stopped getting Legion books, and I've missed a lot of the continuity.

Dave

--------------------

'D'OH!'
--Dave Cockrum, 2003

From: Pine Bush, NY | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SteveLightle
15 minutes and counting ...

Icon 3 posted      Profile for SteveLightle   Email SteveLightle         Edit/Delete Post     
Dave, I just realized that you have started posting here in this forum. This is terrific news for Legion World.

By the way, I'm currently inking an issue that features Wildfire, and I can't help wondering what your thoughts on it would be. I hope I do your beloved character justice. If respecting the character and his original artist helps, then I just might be able to pull it off.

Best wishes to you and yours, and ... welcome to Legion World.

Steve Lightle

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dark bamf
?

Thanks a lot for the welcome, Steve! And BTW, I'm sure you'll do justice to Wildfire. I'm looking frward to reading it!

Dave

--------------------

'D'OH!'
--Dave Cockrum, 2003

Superboy2000
What a great year to be a fan of the Ever Lovin Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Superboy2000   Author's Homepage   Email Superboy2000         Edit/Delete Post     
Welcome to the board Dave...when can we expect your return to the hallowed pages of our favorite super group? You are one of the greats to ever work on the Legion, and it's always great to see a former artist return to his old stomping grounds.

--------------------
The Legion is Back!!! All Three of Them....How Sprocking Magnificent!!!

From: Amarillo, Texas | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dark bamf
?

I have a five page section in Legion #25. That's it for now.

Dave

--------------------

'D'OH!'
--Dave Cockrum, 2003

Superboy2000
What a great year to be a fan of the Ever Lovin Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Superboy2000   Author's Homepage   Email Superboy2000         Edit/Delete Post     
That's great!!! Have you given any thought to using Elseworlds/Hypertime to getting some of the untold stories of the Legion out to the public?

--------------------
The Legion is Back!!! All Three of Them....How Sprocking Magnificent!!!

From: Amarillo, Texas | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dark bamf
?

Yes, I had a couple of ideas for Elseworlds Legion stories (one of them, I sort of pipe-dreamed that I could borrow Nightcrawler from Marvel), but I was told that DC is down-playing the Elseworlds stories.

Dave

--------------------

'D'OH!'
--Dave Cockrum, 2003

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.