Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Visionaries of Tomorrow » Behind the scenes of Legion #25 (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Behind the scenes of Legion #25
Eric Wight
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eric Wight   Author's Homepage   Email Eric Wight         Edit/Delete Post     
Hey, all!

Glad to see the positive reaction to the big anniversary issue! I'm really proud to have been a part of it, even if for only 5 pages. I thought it might be cool to share some of my preliminary sketches, give you a little peek at the stuff that is usually never seen. Hats off to my editor Steve Wacker who gave me the ball and really let me run with it!
If anyone dug my stuff enough to want to own it, a couple of pages from my story as well as some of my other covers are up for sale on eBay.

Best,
Eric
 -
 -
 -  -  -  -

--------------------
www.ericwight.com

From: Bucks County, PA | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eric Wight
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eric Wight   Author's Homepage   Email Eric Wight         Edit/Delete Post     
Here are my inked pages...
 -  -  -  -  -

Eric

--------------------
www.ericwight.com

From: Bucks County, PA | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Hey Eric! Thanks for sharing these with us, especially the cover. You're wrap around to the main story worked really well I thought. Now, on to eBay because I just got to get me some original Garth art.
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Re: the cover. I can place everyone except the blonde in the cape in the upper left. Is that supposed to be Andromeda?
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
numberonelegionfan
Defender Of The Legacy Of Rassilon (Gallifrey:Planet Of The Time Lords)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for numberonelegionfan   Author's Homepage   Email numberonelegionfan         Edit/Delete Post     
Great cover Eric, but one member is missing...Ferro!
Kudos anyway! Awesome stuff! Keep it coming!

--------------------
The best way to find out where you're from is to find out where you're going and then work backwards.
Where are you going?
I don't know!

Spooooooon!!!

From: London, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Outdoor Miner           Edit/Delete Post     
Nice stuff, Eric! The freckles on "Garth" are an inspired touch.

--------------------
Legion World's Badwill Ambassador

From: A Huge, Pulsating, Ever-Expanding Chicken Heart | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reboot
Common sense is neither common, nor sense.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Lightning Lad:
Re: the cover. I can place everyone except the blonde in the cape in the upper left. Is that supposed to be Andromeda?

Its Dreamer - that's what she was wearing back in the Robotica arc.

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kid Prime
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kid Prime           Edit/Delete Post     
Thanks so much for posting, Eric!

Your art on this book was beautiful... just perfect for the framing sequences, I thought!

--------------------
White. A blank page or canvas. His favorite. So... many... possibilities.

From: Birmingham, AL | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Sanity or Madness?:
quote:
Originally posted by Lightning Lad:

Its Dreamer - that's what she was wearing back in the Robotica arc.
Ah. Thanks! The blonde hair (looks blonde, not white, to me) and cape/wrap fooled me.
Reboot

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
Hey - where'd the cover go?

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
Eric,

I really liked your drawings of Clark and the retro look to the founders.

[Smile] [Smile] [Smile] [Smile] [Smile]

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tom Feister
to the left

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tom Feister   Author's Homepage   Email Tom Feister         Edit/Delete Post     
Hey Eric,

I've got to say I loved your pages. Great job. Steve shpwed them to us when we were in the offices months ago and I was just blown away. I hope he's keeping you busy.

Tom

--------------------
Feed Me

From: home | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kid Prime
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kid Prime           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Sanity or Madness?:
Hey - where'd the cover go?

Methinks perhaps Eric showed ua a little something we weren't supposed to see just yet...

Oh well, I guess we can take heart in the fact that Steve Wacker probably lurks over here and keeps an eye out... [Smile]

--------------------
White. A blank page or canvas. His favorite. So... many... possibilities.

From: Birmingham, AL | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reboot

quote:
Originally posted by Kid Prime:
Methinks perhaps Eric showed ua a little something we weren't supposed to see just yet...[/QB]

Well, I found them in my cache and saved them, so anyone who wants to see them drop me a PM... [Smile]

[ October 30, 2003, 08:38 AM: Message edited by: Sanity or Madness? ]

--------------------

Lightning Lad
Founder

Or you could just go here to see the inked (not the colored one though) up for sale.

And SoM, I would like a copy of the color one if you still have it. Just e-mail it to me. Thanks.

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.