Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Visionaries of Tomorrow » Does Barry stop by here? (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Does Barry stop by here?
Barry Kitson
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Barry Kitson   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Hi Scott - Yep definitely still aiming to be in Dallas in November! I'll look forward to meeting you all - I'll be bringing plenty of sketches, prelims etc along to show you!

BTW If you want to know any more about how I put pages together etc after you've seen the stuff in the tpb - I'll always be happy to answer any questions! [Smile]

[ September 18, 2004, 03:22 AM: Message edited by: Barry Kitson ]

--------------------
Cheers
Barry

www.barrykitson.com

From: UK | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
[Frown] I wanna go!
From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yk
between boots

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yk   Email Yk         Edit/Delete Post     
The more the merrier bubba. This is going to be the best LMBP party ever!

My very own Barry Kitson sketch!
I'll be there if I have to beat my way through the hordes of the Dark Circle like Val did. I haven't been this excited about a convention since the 80's. How cool.

From: Smallville Sector : Greater Metropolis | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Barry Kitson
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Barry Kitson   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Should be a lot of fun! See you there! [Smile]

--------------------
Cheers
Barry

www.barrykitson.com

From: UK | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rickshaw1
Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rickshaw1   Email rickshaw1         Edit/Delete Post     
Dang. Wish i could make it, but thanks to four hurricanes, business is tight right now.

Still, i hope ya'll have a good time.

--------------------
Damn you, you kids! Get off my lawn or I'm callin' tha cops!

Something pithy!

From: South Carolina | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Barry Kitson
Advisor

Thanks rickshaw! [Smile]

I'm sure it'll be lively andI'm really looking forward to my first trip to Texas!

Hope you've managed to recover from all the storms safely!

--------------------
Cheers
Barry

www.barrykitson.com

Stargazer
One Monkeys Opinion...

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stargazer           Edit/Delete Post     
I recently came across the Image two issue mini of Empire. I loved ( of course I would)
Barry was this intended to be a longer series with them or only a mini?

--------------------
Looking for Earth Prime.

From: Conroe Texas | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Barry Kitson
Advisor

Hi Stargazer - sorry to take so long to reply.
Empire was always going to be longer - and the rest of the issues (#1-6) and the two Image ones (#0) were reprinted by DC last year - the tpb came out last month I think, should you want to read how it ended. [Smile]

The reason only two came out via image was tied into business and practicalities...to cut a long story short, we were VERY happy to take the book to DC and are very proud of it! [Smile]

I think the success and critical acclaim Empire got might well have had much to do with our being offered the LSH dream job we now have!
When schedules allow we'd love to continue the Empire saga, but for now LSH is taking up all my time! [Big Grin]

--------------------
Cheers
Barry

www.barrykitson.com

rickshaw1
Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rickshaw1   Email rickshaw1         Edit/Delete Post     
Stargazer, it is well worth the effort to find it and finish it. Great read. For once, the story lived up to the promise.

And Barry's art was intense.

--------------------
Damn you, you kids! Get off my lawn or I'm callin' tha cops!

Something pithy!

From: South Carolina | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yk
between boots

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yk   Email Yk         Edit/Delete Post     
I agree. The story is complete in itself which made me pretty happy but they also introduce elements that are sure to drive the future of the story for quite a while if they ever get a chance to get back to it.
I expected a couple of things but I was shocked and surprised by some of the events too. It's a really good read.

From: Smallville Sector : Greater Metropolis | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.