Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Visionaries of Tomorrow » Shameless self promotion (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Shameless self promotion
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
I got notice of my shipment from DCBS and didn't see a copy of Clone Wars. I forgot to place it on my order! Arrgghh! Now I have to go to the store and make sure I get a copy.
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monkey Eater Lad
Gorilla Griller

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Monkey Eater Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
I think you're right that Matt doing the drawing. I think Shawn was talking to Ethen Beavers (JLU book) at the time. Here's my sketch from them:
http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Page=1&Order=Date&Piece=181302&GSub=7282&GCat=0&UCat=0

From: Alameda, CA | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monkey Eater Lad
Gorilla Griller

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Monkey Eater Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
I got that CSI 'dying in the gutters' issue 1 and guess who's listed as the colorist!?! Elvis! No wait, even better, it's our own Mechana!
From: Alameda, CA | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mechana
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mechana           Edit/Delete Post     
Angel: Masks, a compilation of short stories about (you guessed it!) Angel is out this week. The story "Mystery Date" was colored by your's truly. Hope some of you will check it out.

You can see a preview here:
http://www.idwpublishing.com/newreleases2.shtml

And stay tuned for the much anticipated (well, by me anyway [Wink] ) release of Star Wars: Dark Times #1 on Nov.8th.

From: Canada | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mechana
Advisor

Star Wars: Dark Times #1 is out tomorrow, Nov.8th. At last! This book was a long time in the making and a real labour of love; I hope some of you will check it out. I thinks it's my best work so far (I haven't seen the printed version yet, so hopefully there are no unpleasant surprises!), and the art is gorgeous! Tell your friends!
From: Canada | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Outdoor Miner           Edit/Delete Post     
Hope there were no unpleasant surprises for you.

It looks great to me, and I'm just not saying that because I could pass the book around to all my friends at my comic shop and say "I know the colorist!"

Though that didn't hurt. [Smile]

--------------------
Legion World's Badwill Ambassador

From: A Huge, Pulsating, Ever-Expanding Chicken Heart | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mechana
Advisor

Got a new gig today!

I probably shouldn't mention the title just yet though, since I haven't signed on the dotted line or anything yet. It's just a 2 issue fill-in arc of an existing title, but I know it's a book that many of you here enjoy (besides LOSH of course!) [Wink]

Sorry to tease, but I'm really pysched about it!

ActorLad
Un-Famous

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ActorLad           Edit/Delete Post     
Keen! Good luck with it!

--------------------
ActorLad

Friendly Neighborhood Performer

Visit my official hangout ActorLad's Cool Luau over at the Mission Monitor Board!

From: Alaska | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
sounds like JSA? (fingers crossed!)
From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vee
Still smoooooth!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vee   Email Vee         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Kent Shakespeare:
sounds like JSA? (fingers crossed!)

or maybe the Teen Titans! [Big Grin]

--------------------
"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"

From: Paragon City on patrol | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Great news Ronda! I hope you can tell us more soon so I can make sure I have the book on my pull list (if not already there).
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mechana
Advisor

Sorry guys, it's not JSA or Teen Titans. I seem to be dead to DC since I parted ways with Sno Cone.

More good news today: I've been asked to fill in on another Star wars title for one issue, to help it get back on schedule.

Yay! It ain't much, but since there are currently tumbleweeds blowing through my bank account, it's all good to me!

Monkey Eater Lad
Gorilla Griller

Maybe you could become a mouse farmer on the side? [Smile]
mechana
Advisor

Star Wars: Dark Times #2 is out tomorrow! Tell your friends and loved ones! It makes a great gift! It slices and dices!
Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Outdoor Miner           Edit/Delete Post     
Does it make a decent cup of coffee?

--------------------
Legion World's Badwill Ambassador

From: A Huge, Pulsating, Ever-Expanding Chicken Heart | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.