Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Visionaries of Tomorrow » Mike Grell did it! No wonder the first time i saw

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Mike Grell did it! No wonder the first time i saw
rickshaw1
Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rickshaw1   Email rickshaw1         Edit/Delete Post     
Power Girl as a kid i thought she was a hottie, lol. I just got her first appearance and i never knew that Mike did the cover. I should have, i should have been able to spot his work from five miles away, but sometimes...

Anyway, wish we could see some more of his work, but without all the extra lines and hatchwork. Like his Legion and GL work. That is the stuff that hooked me on comics.

--------------------
Damn you, you kids! Get off my lawn or I'm callin' tha cops!

Something pithy!

From: South Carolina | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dain
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dain   Email Dain         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by rickshaw1:

Anyway, wish we could see some more of his work, but without all the extra lines and hatchwork. Like his Legion and GL work. That is the stuff that hooked me on comics.

Amen to that!
From: Somewhere in the Multiverse | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sketch Lad           Edit/Delete Post     
Grell's women of the 70's made a lasting impression on me. Naturally the Legion girls, but also that Power Girl picture and Black Canary. He makes superheroines look like supermodels.

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lad Boy
3rd smartest person on Legion World

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lad Boy   Email Lad Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
It was Grell's cover that got me to read All Star comics with the JSA in the first place.
From: Washington DC | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.