Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Visionaries of Tomorrow » What Next? (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: What Next?
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Varalent:
Imagine how much fun you could have drawing Lash Lad, EDE, Faraway Lad, Fat Cramer,Non Sequetor Lass

Hey! Is this supposed to be a re-booted version of Non-Sequitor from the DCMB?

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vee
Still smoooooth!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vee   Email Vee         Edit/Delete Post     
Post Crisis, pre Zero Hour, rebooted and inverted but...yep!

[Big Grin]

--------------------
"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"

From: Paragon City on patrol | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blockade Boy
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blockade Boy   Email Blockade Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Well I suppose I could be a shameless hussy and ask for a sketch of my character, but face it, drawing a steel wall is an awful waste of such talent. [Smile]

My desire: I certainly wouldn't mind seeing a years run of Flash to go along with those terrific covers. Ultimately though, I'd just as soon you get a gig you're really into, and let us know back here so we can check it out.

From: East Toledo | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SteveLightle
15 minutes and counting ...

Icon 3 posted      Profile for SteveLightle   Email SteveLightle         Edit/Delete Post     
I'm actually still keyed up about doing the trade marked and copyrighted JUSTIN ZANE. It has the science fiction/fantasy elements in common with Legion ... but without the restraints that can be inherent in working with characters maintained by a major corporate entity.

It's kind of like ... Legion artist Steve Lightle UNLEASHED!

I've also enjoyed writing and drawing sword and sorcery and horror. I tend to think of the different genres as games I enjoy playing. They all require a certain level of athletic ability, but they allow me to exercise different muscles.

If you've seen Justin Zane in Peking Tom & Bobby Sox #1, or ArtPost, or if you see him in the upcoming Legion Companion, let me know what you think. Are you intrigued yet? Do you want to see where it goes from here?

Let me know.

Steve Lightle

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
superboymddjr
Quiet member

Icon 1 posted      Profile for superboymddjr   Email superboymddjr         Edit/Delete Post     
I am getting Legion Companion soon, and I will let you know about what I think of Justin Zane. Interesting, can't wait! [Smile]
From: Hayward, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Faraway Lad
Senator of the UP. Permanent Ambassador to the Court of Saint James

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Faraway Lad   Email Faraway Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
this may be a little out of your normal area of work Steve but I would love to see your version of the UK character Judge Dredd, maybe even in a battle with Judge Death?

--------------------
Faithfull

From: Newcastle upon Tyne England | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SteveLightle

Icon 3 posted      Profile for SteveLightle   Email SteveLightle         Edit/Delete Post     
That Judge Dredd idea nearly happened a few years back. I was even given a Judge Anderon plot to work from ... but then DC's publishing plans became less Dredd-full.

Steve

DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by SteveLightle:
Almost done with my second Legion issue of the 21st Century ... Does anyone have any suggestions what comic work I should set my sites on next?

Can you tell us anything about the second issue you're finishing up? Is it a spotlight on another member? Part of a storyarc or will it be self-contained?
From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reboot
Common sense is neither common, nor sense.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by DrakeB3003:
quote:
Almost done with my second Legion issue of the 21st Century ... Does anyone have any suggestions what comic work I should set my sites on next?

Can you tell us anything about the second issue you're finishing up? Is it a spotlight on another member? Part of a storyarc or will it be self-contained?
Its the one that Keith Champagne (JSA inker) is writing. There was an interview with him about it at CBR a while back, but no real details.

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
superboymddjr
Quiet member

Icon 1 posted      Profile for superboymddjr   Email superboymddjr         Edit/Delete Post     
oh is that the one Keith wants to bring Blok back into the contunity? right? right? [Big Grin]
From: Hayward, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SteveLightle

It isn't a single character spotlight issue, like Legion #24. In fact, it has a list of some of my favorite Legionnaires ... who just happen to be among the most racially diverse. Hint: There's only one Anglo white dude in the bunch, and he's not even ... Oops! That would be giving too much away! : )

Steve

DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
I'm just glad to hear that we'll be seeing your rendition of a wider assortment of Legionnaires next time around!

As for the "one anglo white dude who's not even...", I'm gonna guess (hope) it's Ferro, since he's stuck in Iron Mode behind a mask and doesn't really appear anglo. Guess we'll see when we see...

From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blockade Boy
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blockade Boy   Email Blockade Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Hint: There's only one Anglo white dude in the bunch, and he's not even ...

Alive?
From: East Toledo | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Faraway Lad
Senator of the UP. Permanent Ambassador to the Court of Saint James

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Faraway Lad   Email Faraway Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
That Judge Dredd idea nearly happened a few years back. I was even given a Judge Anderon plot to work from ... but then DC's publishing plans became less Dredd-full.

Steve

that is a wonderful pun, you need your wrists slapped for that. [Big Grin]

Did you ever get to draw any of that proposed plot?. Judge Anderson is a sexy woman and given your other work showing gorgeous women I would love to see any drawings you managed to do?

[Love]

[ September 14, 2003, 03:43 PM: Message edited by: Faraway Lad ]

--------------------
Faithfull

From: Newcastle upon Tyne England | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
superboymddjr
Quiet member

Steve, are you hinting us that you might draw some pages in Legion #25? I dunno...judging from what you said about "a dude who not even...."
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.