Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Visionaries of Tomorrow » Mike Grell, Jim Shooter and others at Big Apple Con Nov. 19-20

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Mike Grell, Jim Shooter and others at Big Apple Con Nov. 19-20
Legion Lad
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Legion Lad           Edit/Delete Post     
http://www.bigapplecon.com/prod01.htm

He'll be doing sketches both days. Jim Shooter'll also be there, as will Joe Staton, Jack C. Harris, and Adam Hughes. Keith Giffen is listed as tentatively showing up. And those are just the Legion people! Neal Adams, Frank Miller, Bill Sienkiewicz, Jerry Robinson, Gene Colan, Jim Starlin, and Howard Chaykin are going to be there, too.

Any Legion Worlders have plans of attending?

[ November 16, 2004, 01:51 PM: Message edited by: Legion Lad ]

--------------------
My powers are Legion!

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
Dang. I'd love to meet Keith Giffen. Wish I could go. Maybe I should hop a Greyhound bus.

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

rickshaw1
Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rickshaw1   Email rickshaw1         Edit/Delete Post     
Man, i would love to meet that entire list.

But Grell, Staton, Adams, Colan, and Shooter would be a huge treat. Colan is just cool, Grell has always been a favorite artist of mine, especially his legion stuff. Adams is one of the truly great, and helped redefine DC art, and Shooter wrote some of those great Adventure era stories as a KID, no less. Staton worked on the end of the Earthwar Saga, a story i hold in just as high a regard as the Darkness saga, as well as Green Lantern for years and years.

Maybe one of these days i will have money and can get to meet some of the greats.

--------------------
Damn you, you kids! Get off my lawn or I'm callin' tha cops!

Something pithy!

From: South Carolina | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Legion Lad
Applicant

I hope that some Legion Worlders show up and get some sketches to share with the rest of us!

--------------------
My powers are Legion!

Yk
between boots

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yk   Email Yk         Edit/Delete Post     
Wow, that is so much more than awesome. Imagine the all time ultimate Legion party.
Oh god, please somebody from LW show up and take LOTS of pics!

From: Smallville Sector : Greater Metropolis | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Director Lad
aka Sudro Brown II

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Director Lad   Email Director Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Very, very tempting.
From: Los Angeles, CA | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Outdoor Miner           Edit/Delete Post     
No way I can go (I just can't get to 'em all), but I hope a Legion World contingent can make the scene.

--------------------
Legion World's Badwill Ambassador

From: A Huge, Pulsating, Ever-Expanding Chicken Heart | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
235 - Andy S
Check out the VOTE-A-MATIC now!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 235 - Andy S   Author's Homepage   Email 235 - Andy S         Edit/Delete Post     
definitely want to get Grell to do some sketches -- he did the sexiest Legion (IMO)

i saw his website online and i'm trying to get the $$$ saved and the idea ready enough to ask for a commission

From: Lauderhill, FL | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Legion Lad
Applicant

Oh, sure... everybody goes to Dallas, but New York, where many LWers already live? Fergeddaboutit!

C'mon, people! Don't let this golden opportunity pass by!

--------------------
My powers are Legion!

Yk
between boots

Right!
As many as possible GO!! NOW!
We'll provide cover fire!
get out of here and GET THOSE SKETCHES!!!
Let's MOVE people!

From: Smallville Sector : Greater Metropolis | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
Too broke. sorry.
From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yk
between boots

Well, you were on the last mission Kent. We understand..heh..I'm way broke too.
Pov
Paraplegic tree sloth that's been sedated

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
Eh. It's only money. [Poverty Lad] [Wink]

But I need alot more leadtime than one week, sorry. [Frown]

--------------------
"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me

From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Wow, I didn't even see this until today. I wouldn't have been able to go anyway...just don't have the time and money right now...

Still, it looks like it must have been cool for any Legion fans attending!

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yk
between boots

Did anybody from here go?

How's Dave?

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.