Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Visionaries of Tomorrow » Gail Simone chat: re: new LSH

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Gail Simone chat: re: new LSH
BrucePristine
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BrucePristine   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Over on the Geoff Johns board there's a transcription of a recent chat with Gail Simone. It includes this interesting exchange:

PyRoFoXiE: Gail - I'm just wondering how did your Legion run connect with Mark Waid's upcoming run?

Gail Simone: Pyro: It will, yes!

Guess we'll have to wait and see what the connection is. I want to know now! I have no patience at all! :-)

See the full chat at www.geoffjohns.com in the Birds of Prey forum.

From: Hoxton, London | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yk
between boots

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yk   Email Yk         Edit/Delete Post     
This question still pops up here and there. We've debated it a bit here at LegionWorld and we still don't find a solid connection either.

Maybe the antagonists have counterparts in the new book? A group of anachronists that have a connetion to the JLA or something is all that comes to mind for me.

Otherwise I don't think I want to see the villians cross over into the new book if the heroes are incapable of doing the same. Shikari made it to the new version of the future as of the Preview in the special but what does that mean in the long run?

From: Smallville Sector : Greater Metropolis | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
reservations
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for reservations   Email reservations         Edit/Delete Post     
Persuader's daughter?

And yeah, great ending that issue where we find out Wildfire's energy is running out. Seems so important. Pfft.

Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
I thought that Persuader was up to no good when he meekly returned to his cell. Maybe the Spike somehow affected his axe.

A connection between the Simone and Waid stories could be tenuous or direct - but it certainly does make one curious! And would it be something pre-planned, before Simone wrote her arc, or some element that Waid just picked up and plans to weave into his Legion at some point?

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pariscub
Deputy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pariscub   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
I don't see how there could be a connection between the two with the radical change made in the LSH Universe... The only link could be the Persuader, because there's a chance he may still be "outside" of time...

--------------------
Ze Frainch Legion fan

From: Edinburgh, Scotland | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
hypothesis:

Blue Devil's assessment of the Legion and UP technology 'runing' life by making it too safe, vs. Threeboot's Legionnaires taking a similar (but less radical) take on their world... what if Devil and her troupe are older Threeboot Legionnaires (or sympathetic to them) who have swapped places with Shakari (although at different times) and see Reboot Legionaires as imposters?

probably not. just trying to explore a possible connection.

From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sandman
I bring you dark dreams!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sandman           Edit/Delete Post     
I still think the new Legion series will turn out to be an alternate timeline and Shikari will end up getting back into hypertime, find her friend with her tracking power, and bring them home to their timeline, because there was no evidence that the v4 timeline was wiped out and there was evidence that it was saved.
Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sandman
I bring you dark dreams!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sandman           Edit/Delete Post     
One other thing, How do we know that the Persuader with the amp up axe came from the v4 timeline?

With all the rips that go to other timelines, he could have come from one of them and decided to axe the v4 Legion just for the hell of it.

Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.