Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Visionaries of Tomorrow » Your Pick for Creative Team for the Legion RIGHT NOW - 18 issue minimum (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Your Pick for Creative Team for the Legion RIGHT NOW - 18 issue minimum
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
No need to get into what the book is about or which Legion it is. Just give it to me strait, right between the eyes: YOU are the editor of the Legion comic book and you get to pick the writer/penciller/inker/colorist/etc. for it *right now*, with the guaranty that they would be on the book for 18 issues. Who would you pick? Who could make sales explode, but at the same time not compromise creative integrity? You get one each with an alternate.

Me?

Grant Morrison and Chris Batista.

Alternate pick/Fill-in go to
Darwyn Cooke, doing it all.

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ultra Jorge   Email Ultra Jorge         Edit/Delete Post     
Geoff Johns/Jim Lee 18 months!

Karl Kesel inking! And I don't know who are good colorists but please get one of the top notch ones! [Smile]

(Pacheco is my other choice for artist)

Jim Lee has said he wants to work on the real Legion! He's a huge name. Geoff is a great writer! Make it happen!

From: Tampa | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ultra Jorge   Email Ultra Jorge         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Cobalt Kid:
Alternate pick/Fill-in go to
Darwyn Cooke, doing it all.

See Darwyn Cooke does nothing for me. He's too old school. [Wink]
From: Tampa | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Ultra Jorge:
And I don't know who are good colorists but please get one of the top notch ones! [Smile]

Blasphemy! Ronda Pattison is the best colorist out there! She'd be under exclusive contract with DC if I were editor.

And I say either Geoff Johns or Kurt Busiek to write.

Both Chris Batista and Jim Lee would be good. It depends on people's schedules. I want a definite commitment from the creators.

From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

I interacted with Kurt recently on some other board saying how Pacheco's Young Gods look like a Legion scene. He said both him and Pacheco would love to get a chance at the Legion.

I love Kurt as a writer. Sometimes he's too old school. Writers like Geoff and Grant Morrisson I think are better at using the old but defintely being progressive. Still if Kurt comes with Pacheco I would be very happy.

And I would love to see Batista as well.

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
Well, I had my own idea, but gosh-dang it, Cobie's idea for writer is TOO hot to pass up.

1st choice:

GRANT MORRISON writer

MIKE ALLRED artist

backup choice:

TOM & MARY BIERBAUM writers

OLIVIER COIPEL artist

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
Chris Batista would be a VERYCLOSE 3rd pick... his recent issue of Teen Titans was a beatuiful sight to behold.

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
I'd love Lee too--actually a lot. But I don't trust him to do my minimum 18 issues (anyway can do 12 [Wink] )

I like all the suggestions so far.

And I sould have put in Rhonda as my colorist!!

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

TMB & Coipel would rock!
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
Darwyn Cooke and Eric Wight. They can even trade off writing/art duties. [Wink]
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
l.e.g.i.o.n.JOHN
"Bah-weep-Graaaaagnah wheep ni ni bong."

Icon 1 posted      Profile for l.e.g.i.o.n.JOHN   Email l.e.g.i.o.n.JOHN         Edit/Delete Post     
my Pick for creative teams:
Dwayne McDuffy and Paul Pelliter
Chris Yost and Mark Bagley
and how about Tom Grummet or M.D.Bright on art chores, i hear he's a big Legion Fan also

and i wished DC could find away to lure Salvador Larocca away from Marvel i think his work would rule on the Legion!!!

[ July 05, 2007, 03:28 PM: Message edited by: l.e.g.i.o.n.JOHN ]

--------------------
Judging yourself right is a
destination, i'm just on a journey

http://pnubaumturk.deviantart.com/

From: Yonkers N.Y | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jerry
active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jerry   Email Jerry         Edit/Delete Post     
I can't think of anyone to suggest for writer, but would love to nominate Shane Davis for artist. I loved the slick feel he brought to the Captain Comet series in the Mystery in Space mini, and his upcoming Superman/Batman work looks great.

--------------------
No regrets, Coyote.

From: Missouri | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Tim Drake
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sir Tim Drake   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Tim Drake         Edit/Delete Post     
Geoff Johns and Carlos Pacheco.

--------------------
Aaron Kashtan/Sir Tim Drake

From: Providence, RI | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
l.e.g.i.o.n.JOHN
"Bah-weep-Graaaaagnah wheep ni ni bong."

Icon 1 posted      Profile for l.e.g.i.o.n.JOHN   Email l.e.g.i.o.n.JOHN         Edit/Delete Post     
Peter David and Chris Cross

--------------------
Judging yourself right is a
destination, i'm just on a journey

http://pnubaumturk.deviantart.com/

From: Yonkers N.Y | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fanfic Lady   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Dave Gibbons and Steve Epting (get Epting to switch from Marvel to DC). Mark Farmer on inks.

--------------------
"I know it's gonna happen someday."

Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.