Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Visionaries of Tomorrow » Your Pick for Creative Team for the Legion RIGHT NOW - 18 issue minimum (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Your Pick for Creative Team for the Legion RIGHT NOW - 18 issue minimum
Dave Hackett
The Red Legionnaire

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave Hackett           Edit/Delete Post     
Anyone? Anyone at all?

Neil Gaiman and John Bolton

(alternates: John Ostrander and George Perez)

From: Moncton, New Brunswick, Canada | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blockade Boy
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blockade Boy   Email Blockade Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
My preferences

Writer: someone who can handle a large cast of voices.

Artist: someone who has a vision of the future and SF.

Willingham: On Fables, so many of his characters are so distinct, I think I could pinpoint which one was speaking without the picture. He's great with personalities and story timing.

Lightle: His characters, cultures and landscapes always amaze me. They're inventive and distinct. His "After Dark" issue on Talok is one of my visual favorites all-time and his Qward images said more to me than words ever could.

At least one of them is fond of Legion.

From: East Toledo | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EmeraldGladiators
Life Long Lightning Lad Fan

Icon 1 posted      Profile for EmeraldGladiators   Email EmeraldGladiators         Edit/Delete Post     
Geoff Johns, the best writer in the business, hopefully he can do for the Legion what he has done for Green Lantern, make sense of bad writing snafu's and making it the best written book in the DCU. Bring in Bierbaums to assist, to give Geoff an assist and bring their flavor to the project.

Artist, since Alan Davis is exclusive to Marvel I'd say in this order George Perez, Jim Lee, or Carlos Pacheco.

Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pariscub
Deputy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pariscub   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Ultra Jorge:
Geoff Johns/Jim Lee 18 months!

Karl Kesel inking! And I don't know who are good colorists but please get one of the top notch ones! [Smile]

(Pacheco is my other choice for artist)

Jim Lee has said he wants to work on the real Legion! He's a huge name. Geoff is a great writer! Make it happen!

Well, if you want one issue per year maybe LOL

No thanks for Jim Lee... I can't stand his art.

--------------------
Ze Frainch Legion fan

From: Edinburgh, Scotland | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pariscub
Deputy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pariscub   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Giffen and Lightle

Busiek and Pacheco

Johns and Giffen...

--------------------
Ze Frainch Legion fan

From: Edinburgh, Scotland | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
I think Blockade Boy's suggestion of Bill Willingham might get my vote for 'totally never even considered him, but that actually would rock my world'. I think it could be pure magic to have him as the Legion writer and let him just go with it.
From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ArchKid
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ArchKid           Edit/Delete Post     
James Robinson- writer
Carlos Pacheco- artist

Alternative team

Alan Moore- writer
Darwyn Cooke- artist.

Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spellbinder
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spellbinder   Email Spellbinder         Edit/Delete Post     
Writers: Marv Wolfman

Artist: George Perez

Reasoning: They wrote the Legion well during Crisis on Infinite Earths, and their run on the New Teen Titans was legendary. I would want them co-plotting. I think it could be awesome.

--------------------
Some people are like slinkys: not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you knock them down a flight of stairs

From: Penthouse atop Levitz Hall, LMBP Plaza, Embassy Row, Legion World | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kid Quislet
Vote for Mighty Mog

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kid Quislet   Email Kid Quislet         Edit/Delete Post     
Wow - I'm surprised at some of the choices up so far. I didn't think anyone would think of James Robinson, but I loved his Starman!

1) Kurt Busiek and George Perez

2) Geoff Johns and Steve Lightle

3) James Robinson and Ed Benes

4) Gail Simone and Farmer & Davis

--------------------
"My dance card was getting fuller than a contestant's at a Jandan shurg-off." - Exnihil, The Lost Klordny

From: Frederick, MD | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Uranus Lad
substitute

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Uranus Lad   Email Uranus Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Writer: Grant Morrison, Alan Moore (yeah right) or Joss Whedon
Artist: Gene Ha, John Cassidy, Chris Bachalo, Adam Hughes
Any combination of the above would do it for me.

--------------------
Is that a moon?

From: Portland, OR | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ultra Jorge   Email Ultra Jorge         Edit/Delete Post     
I mentioned just a couple of artists but basically Alan Davis, Jim Lee, Chris Batista, Pacheco, Perez, Jimenez, or Lightle do it for me. Maybe some more.
From: Tampa | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gorilla Nebula
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gorilla Nebula   Email Gorilla Nebula         Edit/Delete Post     
Geoff Johns and Jim Lee.

--------------------
Gorilla Nebula

From: san francisco | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kid Prime
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kid Prime           Edit/Delete Post     
Grant Morrison and Frank Quitely. This book needs a big dash of cinematic James Cameron-ish sci-fi goodness.

We'd tie Quitely to his desk for 16 hours a day so he could get his pages in on time.

--------------------
White. A blank page or canvas. His favorite. So... many... possibilities.

From: Birmingham, AL | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
I'm pretty happy with the Morrison/Quitely team right where they are, though.
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Matthew E
Suprmetrician

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Matthew E   Author's Homepage   Email Matthew E         Edit/Delete Post     
For some reason my mind keeps veering back to Roy Thomas and Bill Sienkiewicz.

--------------------
Legion Abstract

From: Ontario | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.