Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Visionaries of Tomorrow » Jim Lee would like to do Legion of Super-Heroes (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Jim Lee would like to do Legion of Super-Heroes
Pete Ross
Honorary Member

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pete Ross   Email Pete Ross         Edit/Delete Post     
This from the DCU Batman: Year of the Bat panel at San Diego Comic Con, as reported by The Pulse:

quote:
QUESTION: Jim, What's the book you'd most like to work on?

ANSWER: JIM LEE: Blue Beetle. [lots of laughter] Seriously, I'd like to work on Legion of Superheroes.

That would be interesting...

And here's the quote from Comic Book Resources:

quote:
Q: Jim, you've worked on Superman and Batman. Is there any other DC character you're interested in?

JL: I'd love to do Blue Beetle BUT.... seriously, maybe Legion of Super-Heroes. But it would have to be a single character book.

[ July 15, 2005, 07:23 AM: Message edited by: Pete Ross ]

Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
I think Lee says that every Con. It would be nice if they created a separate monthly book where creators like Lee could do one or two-issue story arcs.
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
Isn't there a thread here with Jim Lee's rad-ass LSH designs?

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Starbucks Kid
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Starbucks Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Jim Lee for LSH Annual #1.
That would be pretty hawt.
It would also draw even more readers to the brand.

Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caliente
Honoring the Primary Color Gang

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Caliente   Email Caliente         Edit/Delete Post     
The title to this thread is very misleading...

...and I'd love to see the Jim Lee designs if said designs exist!

--------------------
Abin: You know what to do with a Cali sandwich? No but neither do Cobie and CJ!
CJ: Yeah, we do. She's smiling, isn't she?

Context... who needs it?

From: Sunny Cali-- er, Planet Earth? | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
Here.
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
Oops! I meant here!

[Wink]

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caliente
Honoring the Primary Color Gang

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Caliente   Email Caliente         Edit/Delete Post     
Ooh!! Nifty. [Big Grin]

--------------------
Abin: You know what to do with a Cali sandwich? No but neither do Cobie and CJ!
CJ: Yeah, we do. She's smiling, isn't she?

Context... who needs it?

From: Sunny Cali-- er, Planet Earth? | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
There's always "All-Star Legion of Super-Heroes" (it'd also allow Jim to let loose with designs as opposed to just doing an annual)....

Lee almost sorta worked on the Legion in a way when he drew the Shi'ar Imperial Guard during his X-Men run. He made them really cool!

From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ultra Jorge   Email Ultra Jorge         Edit/Delete Post     
No offense to the current creators especially Barry whose work is what I've enjoyed the most on this series.

But if you have a title like the Legion with recent low sales and a megastar comic selling machine who is a pretty good artist to boot [Wink]

But I guess it's too late. We have two creators who love the Legion and are doing pretty good. Still after the Waid/Kitson run I wouldn't mind seeing Lee (or any of the other guys that have mentioned working on the legion...Perez, Johns, Pacheco) do their take.

And if Lee does All Star Legion I'm all over it. But i highly doubt they would do this. It would practically spell the doom for this current version.

From: Tampa | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SouthtownKid
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SouthtownKid   Email SouthtownKid         Edit/Delete Post     
I like Starbucks Kid's idea for Lee maybe doing something as an annual. As much as I probably wouldn't mind a second book (maybe something like an ongoing Legion Worlds, which I loved), I don't think the market can support it.

I think a second ongoing book inevitably leads to lack of focus, especially if you have different writers, and it makes the Legion less accessible to potential new readers...

I know there were people I tried to turn onto the Legion, who felt it was too much trouble to have to get into both LSH and Legionnaires, especially as sometimes stories continued between titles, and sometimes they didn't.

I think that's one of the strengths of the new series. There are a lot of little similarities, nods to stuff from the original (and previous reboot), and in-jokes to old fans, but in some ways, it's new, almost to the point that new readers are on nearly equal footing with long-time readers.

That was a really long-winded way of saying, yeah, I'd love to see an annual. Sorry about that.

Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pete Ross
Honorary Member

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pete Ross   Email Pete Ross         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Caliente:
The title to this thread is very misleading...

"Topic: Jim Lee would like to do Legion"

Huh? What? Hmmm. [scratches head] Think...think...think. Oh! Now I got it!

I've been a fan of the LSH for many years (since 1967), so for me, Legion is just a shortcut phrase for Legion of Super-Heroes.

You must have a different mindset (quite valid), and tie that term to the DNA Legion (which started in a book called Legion of Super-Heroes, but was primarily in a book called Legion).

No, Lee wants to do Legion of Super-Heroes; probably any version thereof. Now that I understand the confusion, I've fixed the topic title.

Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Director Lad
aka Sudro Brown II

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Director Lad   Email Director Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
While I can recognize the number of readers that Lee's name would bring to the series, I'm really not a fan of his style. I've always seen it as rather post-Leifeld. Lee at least understands anatomy, but there's a certain hyperbole inherent in his style that I don't think suits LSH.
From: Los Angeles, CA | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tamper Lad
With the Scarlett Faction

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tamper Lad   Email Tamper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Like a lot of fans of my age I lived X-Men from Cockrum to Lee. I didn't how much the Cockrum Legion contributed to X-Men as a kid in the 80s. There's actually a historical symmetry if Lee got a shot at something Legion related. (Year one arc/mini for the current series maybe?)

Lee on Legion would complete the circle and introduce a generation raised as X-Fans to their series' creative midwife as it were. At least that's how I'd pitch it in Wizard if I were DC's marketing guy.

From: Canada | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the boy with UltraPowers
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for the boy with UltraPowers   Author's Homepage   Email the boy with UltraPowers         Edit/Delete Post     
i'd so [Love] to see Jim Lee on a "LEGION OF SUPER HEROES" book !!

not that i want Barry Kitson to leave, as his run has been simply amazing so far, and i wanna see much more [Razz]

but !! i would wanna see Jim work on the title in some way, which could be as a fill in [ on a 4 part arc, or a special / annual ]

here's hoping .......

Matthew.

From: Manchester United Kingdom | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.