Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Visionaries of Tomorrow » Jim Lee would like to do Legion of Super-Heroes (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Jim Lee would like to do Legion of Super-Heroes
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
Jim Lee as ongoing, no. For just one or two issues, why not?

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sketch Lad           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Pete Ross:
quote:
Originally posted by Caliente:
The title to this thread is very misleading...

"Topic: Jim Lee would like to do Legion"

Huh? What? Hmmm. [scratches head] Think...think...think. Oh! Now I got it!

I've been a fan of the LSH for many years (since 1967), so for me, Legion is just a shortcut phrase for Legion of Super-Heroes.

You must have a different mindset (quite valid), and tie that term to the DNA Legion (which started in a book called Legion of Super-Heroes, but was primarily in a book called Legion).

No, Lee wants to do Legion of Super-Heroes; probably any version thereof. Now that I understand the confusion, I've fixed the topic title.

Oh, Pete Ross, let me spell it out for you.... Caliente was joking that Jim Lee would like to "do" the Legion, as in...."do them" ya know, like....have sex with them. Obviously Jim Lee can't have sex with the Legion or the Legion of Super-Heroes or the LSH, because they are all just ficticious characters in comic books. Perhaps if you'd like to edit the title of this thread, you could say that "Jim Lee would like to illustrate Legion of Superheroes comics." But really, I'm sure that most of us got what you meant the first time.

Now, my opinion of Jim Lee illlustrating Legion comics would be that I think he would be utterly fantastic at it! Here's my dream idea...what if Jim Lee totally redrew the Earthwar Saga from the original script? I know that Jim Sherman did some amazing art in the first two installments, but really, Joe Staton and his legion of inkers dropped the ball after that. Jim Lee could do the whole thing over and it'd be a stand alone classic done over a few issues, then the whole thing could be collected in a tpb. I'd buy it all.

Or, he could do some cool thing that Waid writes that ties into the current series. I, like many others, would not want to lose Barry Kitson anytime soon.

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pete Ross
Honorary Member

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pete Ross   Email Pete Ross         Edit/Delete Post     
Well, you know us silver-age types; we're pretty simple about those types of things. (And for the record, Superboy/Clark Kent and I are just good friends).

(Really, that completely escaped me. But I am a happily-married man with three kids in real life, so I'm not generally talking about "do"ing people. Weird, I know, in this day and age.)

Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
Dean, I'm digging your EARTHWAR idea. For me, the original falls FAR short of "classic" because the art went straight into the toilet after Sherman departed.

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Omni Craig
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Omni Craig   Email Omni Craig         Edit/Delete Post     
Did anyone see Paul Levitz' interview over at Newsarama today (part II)? He says he's writing a short Legion story on an art book Jim Lee is doing.

Could be a good thing!! [Smile]

Here's the exact quote, in case you want to see it without digging through the whole interview (it's down near the bottom of the article):

Click Here For A SpoilerI’m doing a short Legion story with Jim Lee for a book that Jim’s doing as a sort of “art of Jim Lee” collection that he was kind enough to ask me to work with him on. And at the moment, that’s the only piece of serious writing on the agenda.

--------------------
Craig C.

- Time travel stories are told in chronillogical order.

From: Santa Ana, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.