Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Visionaries of Tomorrow » Jim Shooter Interview

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Jim Shooter Interview
Pete Ross
Honorary Member

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pete Ross   Email Pete Ross         Edit/Delete Post     
There's a new Jim Shooter interview over at Diamond Galleries' The Scoop. In it, he talks about the past, describing his favorite Legion story that he wrote (one of my favorites too, which curiously I read to my daughter just last night), and also the present, and what's coming:

quote:
This is the LSH's 50th anniversary year. There will be new costumes, a huge new-character introduction, a wedding, a tragic event, a triumph of spacetime-sweeping proportions and, most importantly, the emergence of a future hall-of-fame artist, Francis Manapul. This guy gets better panel by panel. I want to be there when he gets his Harvey and his Eisner so he has to say something nice about me.

Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tromium
Decrystallized

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tromium           Edit/Delete Post     
A wedding. I knew it!

And the nominees are ....

Thanks for the link, Pete.

From: Reimagined Trom | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
Invisible Kid and Timber Wolf. TW tried to hide his concern about IK being missing with the snide remark.

Beyond that I would saw Garth & Irma.

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kid Quislet
Vote for Mighty Mog

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kid Quislet   Email Kid Quislet         Edit/Delete Post     
Wedding odds (strictly IMHO):

Garth & Imra 3:1
Projectra & T-Wolf 5:1
Shady & Mon-El 12:1
PG and Karate Kid 20:1
Brainy & Dream Girl 25:1
Invisible Kid & Chemical King 50:1
Blok & Quislet 1,000,000:1

Note: Odds are subject to change in forthcoming issues. Gambling should be considered as a recreation activity only, and is not recommended for use as a consistent wage earning device.

--------------------
"My dance card was getting fuller than a contestant's at a Jandan shurg-off." - Exnihil, The Lost Klordny

From: Frederick, MD | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Tim Drake
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sir Tim Drake   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Tim Drake         Edit/Delete Post     
That Gil Kane story is really pretty cool.

--------------------
Aaron Kashtan/Sir Tim Drake

From: Providence, RI | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
doublechinner
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for doublechinner   Email doublechinner         Edit/Delete Post     
It's amazing to think about the life Shooter has had in comics! It makes me think of "Almost Famous" or "Superbad." Here's Jim Shooter, still not even 21 perhaps(?), in a New York hotel room with a bunch of comics fans, meeting Gil Kane on stage, getting a standing ovation. It's amazing, too, that after all these years he's still willing & able to write comics. What struck me about this interview, too, was the absence of "slams," just nice words for Marts, DiDio and Jones, and much praise for Francis. I, too, look forward to see how Francis's art evolves and the places it takes him. The Legion (in a Darwinian way) really is a proving and testing ground for the most talented young artists.

--------------------
...but you don't have a moment where you're sitting there staring at a table full of twenty-five characters with little name signs that say, "Hi, my superpower is confusing you!"

From: Chicago, IL | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
The wedding: Saturn Mom and General Tolingf4rd.

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kid Quislet
Vote for Mighty Mog

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kid Quislet   Email Kid Quislet         Edit/Delete Post     
New wedding odds (strictly IMHO):

Garth & Imra 3:1
Ayla & Karate Kid 10:1
PG and Karate Kid 20:1
PG & Ayla & Karate Kid 25:1
Brainy & Dream Girl 25:1
Shady & Mon-El 40:1
Invisible Kid & Chemical King 50:1
Saturn Mom & General Toling4rd 100:1
Tulip & Tizzles 1,000,000:1

--------------------
"My dance card was getting fuller than a contestant's at a Jandan shurg-off." - Exnihil, The Lost Klordny

From: Frederick, MD | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.