Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Visionaries of Tomorrow » Favorite LSH artist: the BEST of the REST! (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Favorite LSH artist: the BEST of the REST!
Pov
Paraplegic tree sloth that's been sedated

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
Myself... I also voted for Broderick, Ricardo. I loved his work on MICRONAUTS around the time it went Direct Market-only, and enjoyed his LSH run. I remember being pissed when he was replaced by Giffen!

--------------------
"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me

From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ultra Jorge   Email Ultra Jorge         Edit/Delete Post     
I picked Gary Frank though it was hard with Perez and Calero in the mix.

I just really enjoyed the storey Gary worked on. Perez upcoming Legion work looks amazing but his previous work...i never liked as much I thought I would. Calero (like Frank) took some getting used to but then I just fell in love with it. (Frank bug eyes)

From: Tampa | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
I feel bad for Lee Moder. His run was probably about as long as everyone else's on the list put together! He probably should've been on the other list but probably wouldn't have garnered even the single vote he's got here so far. Honestly, it was some pretty nice work.

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
I agree that Moder should have been on the first poll and regretted leaving him off.

I wonder how things might be different here if I had correctly launched this poll with my originally-intended "5 choices per voter" option.

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lone Wolf Legionnaire
Academy Cadet

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lone Wolf Legionnaire   Email Lone Wolf Legionnaire         Edit/Delete Post     
Here's my top 5

George PEREZ
Jim STARLIN
Pat BRODERICK
Gary FRANK
Dan JURGENS

But since I could only vote for one, I gave my vote to Perez, because I know he will blow me away with L3W.

--------------------
I tried to rip their soul out.I tried to make them forget Superman.
But they won't.

From: Kentucky | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PenaltyKillah
Out of Continuity!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PenaltyKillah   Author's Homepage   Email PenaltyKillah         Edit/Delete Post     
Calero brought the futuristic, alternative look to the Legion. While I still love the traditional methods of the penciling-inking-coloring process, streamlined art seems to integrate better with subplots, or one-shots. So it's him I vote. I'll vote for Perez once I see how Lo3W turns out. His B&TB depictions were quite loyal to W/K's, but if that's all that he can do, then that leaves me wanting a bit more.

--------------------
"For some reason I can't explain or understand, and probably never will... EVERYTHING comes from SUPERMAN." - Alexander Luthor, Jr.

Unfortunately, the Legion is no exception.

From: Canadia | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Igee The Mighty
Legion Lover

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Igee The Mighty   Author's Homepage   Email Igee The Mighty         Edit/Delete Post     
My fave Legion artists of all time:
- Keith Giffen (GDS-era + 5YL)
- Steve Lightle
- Stuart Immonen
- Olivier Coipel (started out rough but finished real strong...he's still saying he'd like to do Legion again)
- Jason Pearson (#38...powerful, powerful stuff)

--------------------
Igee The Mighty!

From: Manila, The Philippines | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ricardo
Adult Legion Reservist

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ricardo   Author's Homepage   Email Ricardo         Edit/Delete Post     
Mine:

- Keith Giffen (natch! - especially on the Baxter and most of all 5YL)
- Jason Pearson (gorgeous stuff)
- Steve Lightle
- Curt Swan
- Francis Manapul (yeah, he is that good)
- Mike Grell (because he is, you know, Mike Grell)
- Chris Sprouse

Runner-ups:

- Barry Kitson
- Stuart Immonen
- Dave Cockrun
- John Forte
- Oliver Coipel
- Greg LaRocque (why do people forget him so easily? His issues were rock solid and his Flash run was wonderful!)

From: Brasil | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
Perez
Starlin
Sprouse
Hughes
Doran

are... the rest of the best! Looks like people are truly looking forward to an all-Perez/all-LSH smackdown!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.