Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Visionaries of Tomorrow » Shooter Back On Legion? (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Shooter Back On Legion?
Pulsar
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pulsar   Email Pulsar         Edit/Delete Post     
Per Comic Book Resources' July 15 "Lying In The Gutters Column":

It’s handy that Jim Shooter worked so far ahead on "Legion," Because, even though he stormed off the book around March (hence his no show with DC at the Bristol convention), things were patched up nicely and he’s back on the book. Without missing a single issue.

Of course, when he does decide to gracefully step down, expect Geoff Johns to jump on that book like a… well, a rude word.

From: Arizona | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov
Paraplegic tree sloth that's been sedated

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
I bet he never left, he just didn't want to go to Bristol. [Big Grin]

Rich's original "source" fed him a line of shite, and this is him (RJ) saving face. [Razz]

--------------------
"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me

From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Not-So-Bad Lad
Secret Honorary Auxiliary Substitute Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Not-So-Bad Lad   Email Not-So-Bad Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Pulsar:
Of course, when he does decide to gracefully step down, expect Geoff Johns to jump on that book like a… well, a rude word.

I know a lot of people have a problem with Johns, but I think this would be a _great_ book with Johns on it; he's always brought fantastic new ideas with him on his DC books, and as for his team works, one of the only "Avengers" runs I followed religiously was written by Johns...

--------------------
"I weighed the odds of this working versus the odds I was doing something incredibly stupid and, well, I did it anyway,"

- Crow T. Robot

From: The Evil Anti-Moon!!!! | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Pov:
I bet he never left, he just didn't want to go to Bristol. [Big Grin]

Rich's original "source" fed him a line of shite, and this is him (RJ) saving face. [Razz]

Honestly, there's a good 70% chance Pov is right. Rich can't really be trusted to provide accurate information since he is in fact a vampire suckling on rumor. Mayhap we all were too hasty?

Still, I have my pitchfork ready just in case we need to murder yell at someone.

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
Wow... I'm glad that rumour has been squashed, and I'm glad Shooter's sticking around.

Let's face it, because of his past, he's a magnet for this sort of stuff. He really is a comic-book creator celebrity.

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ricardo
Adult Legion Reservist

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ricardo   Author's Homepage   Email Ricardo         Edit/Delete Post     
I don't know, but I think the story is not bogus. Otherwise, we wouldn't see so much cover-up and a deliberate focus on L3W, ignoring the main book. This sort of stuff has happened before at DC AND at a Legion book! (Keith Giffen has similarly left-and-returned due to editorial crazynesses).
But it is great to have Shooter still on the book. Finally, a title at DC with a consistent creative team!

From: Brasil | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ultra Jorge   Email Ultra Jorge         Edit/Delete Post     
I hope he is back on the Legion. That would be great. The news of him leaving made me lose interest.
From: Tampa | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pariscub
Deputy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pariscub   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Ricardo:
I don't know, but I think the story is not bogus. Otherwise, we wouldn't see so much cover-up and a deliberate focus on L3W, ignoring the main book. This sort of stuff has happened before at DC AND at a Legion book! (Keith Giffen has similarly left-and-returned due to editorial crazynesses).
But it is great to have Shooter still on the book. Finally, a title at DC with a consistent creative team!

I also think the story isn't bogus as i've heard a similar story through some people I know who are involved with DC, although I'm not allowed to elaborate for obvious reasons.

--------------------
Ze Frainch Legion fan

From: Edinburgh, Scotland | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tromium
Decrystallized

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tromium           Edit/Delete Post     
I also believe there's truth to it.
From: Reimagined Trom | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CJ Taylor
Schako Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CJ Taylor   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
I'm just glad he's still writing the book!
From: Denver, CO | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Silver Age Lad
Part-time member living in another century

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Silver Age Lad   Email Silver Age Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
The threads building up to Lo3W have been on-going since Justice League #1 (October 2006 cover date), long before Shooter came back, so I can't believe that the outcome of Lo3W and the future of the on-going series wasn't part of the contractual negotiations between Shooter and DC.

Basically, until Lo3W finishes it has to be status quo. After that? Shooter? Johns? Johns plots/Shooter scripts? Shooter plots/Johns scripts? A N Other? What's Giffen doing after Ambush Bug and Dreamwar?

How long is FJM contracted to the book? Anyone know?

From: Ancient Kingdom of Northumbria, UK | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Portfolio Boy
Deputy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Portfolio Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Portfolio Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by MLLASH:
Let's face it, because of his past, he's a magnet for this sort of stuff.

You know what would be fun? A Legion book written by Jim Shooter and drawn by John Byrne!

[Evil] [Razz]

From: Sumner, ME | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blockade Boy
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blockade Boy   Email Blockade Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
^^^^
We need a gun smiley.

[Wink]

From: East Toledo | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
googoomuck
Honorary

Icon 1 posted      Profile for googoomuck   Author's Homepage   Email googoomuck         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Portfolio Boy:
You know what would be fun? A Legion book written by Jim Shooter and drawn by John Byrne!
[Evil] [Razz]

quote:
Originally posted by Blockade Boy:
^^^^
We need a gun smiley.

[Wink]

I think we need something stronger than a gun smiley. A Chronal-Howitzer smiley perhaps. [LOL]

--------------------
Play Stratego online at http://www.metaforge.net/webstratego/

From: Minneapolis Minnesota | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
[Hunter]
From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.