Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Visionaries of Tomorrow » Shooter Back On Legion? (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Shooter Back On Legion?
Vee
Still smoooooth!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vee   Email Vee         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Nightcrawler:
[Hunter]

In case there was ever any doubt...Gary rocks! [Smile]

--------------------
"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"

From: Paragon City on patrol | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reep Daggle
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reep Daggle   Email Reep Daggle         Edit/Delete Post     
The chances of John Byrne ever drawing a legion book are pretty slim, he's said numerous times that he has no love for the legion and he wouldn't work on a book he doesn't care for...
Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blockade Boy
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blockade Boy   Email Blockade Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
whew!
From: East Toledo | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ricardo
Adult Legion Reservist

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ricardo   Author's Homepage   Email Ricardo         Edit/Delete Post     
Reviving this thread, from Geoff Johns panel at Comic-Con, which is for me the nail in the coffin on the current LSH-as-by-Shooter:

Will Johns write a "Legion: Rebirth"? "'Legion of Three Worlds' kind of is one," Johns said, while Sattler noted that the series has a lot of surprises left.

Yet another provocative non-answer followed a question about whether Johns will be working with the Legion on an ongoing basis. "I can't say anything. Not right now."

We'll also see some "Blackest Night"-related material in "Legion of Three Worlds," along with 31st century GL oath that's different from the current one.

From: Brasil | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Silver Age Lad
Part-time member living in another century

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Silver Age Lad   Email Silver Age Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
So that's it, Johns writing the Action Legion after L3W - probably as a V6.

Game over.

From: Ancient Kingdom of Northumbria, UK | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Matthew E
Suprmetrician

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Matthew E   Author's Homepage   Email Matthew E         Edit/Delete Post     
Maybe. But I wouldn't bet the farm on it.

--------------------
Legion Abstract

From: Ontario | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ricardo
Adult Legion Reservist

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ricardo   Author's Homepage   Email Ricardo         Edit/Delete Post     
I really hope it is not a mishmash of teams or a re-reboot to Action Legion. Hopefully, it will be clear we have multiple Legions across the multiverse.

However, I do think Johns is stretching his tentacles over Legion for it to become the 4th Superman title, making the Superman world be a weekly event (with Action and Supergirl).

From: Brasil | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Matthew E
Suprmetrician

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Matthew E   Author's Homepage   Email Matthew E         Edit/Delete Post     
Well, there were those hints about a 'megaverse'...

--------------------
Legion Abstract

From: Ontario | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
there is no reason not to try and see if multiple Legions at once can't work.
From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Silver Age Lad
Part-time member living in another century

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Silver Age Lad   Email Silver Age Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
When Geoff Johns was asked if there would be a "Legion:Rebirth" he said L3W was it.

The GL and Flash Rebirths were both about bringing back the silver age characters but without wiping out what's gone on since. But how that can work with teams and with three people all called Thom Kallor for example?

From: Ancient Kingdom of Northumbria, UK | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chemical King
Back in continuity

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chemical King   Email Chemical King         Edit/Delete Post     
Hm, hope that doesn't mean I have to buy the other Superman titles as well... never cared for those...

If they are doing an amalgamated version of the three Legions, it will be the death of it. What I personally would prefer would be a return to pre-crisis continuity (or para-continuity due to the slight changes) and a decent "what happened between Crisis and Lightning Saga" storyline. Then, they could even shoehorn new characters in like (shudder....) XS or Gates to please the Reboot fans. Those characters just might have joined the Legion AFTER crisis happened, no deal.

As for Shooters Legion, i really like the current storyline, finally some story in this book, but I guess it's just too late...

From: Bamberg, Germany | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.