Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Visionaries of Tomorrow » Legion creator dream matchups (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Legion creator dream matchups
Not-So-Bad Lad
Secret Honorary Auxiliary Substitute Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Not-So-Bad Lad   Email Not-So-Bad Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Tom & Mary Bierbaum and Adam DeKraker

...What? I think it would be great! [Big Grin]

--------------------
"I weighed the odds of this working versus the odds I was doing something incredibly stupid and, well, I did it anyway,"

- Crow T. Robot

From: The Evil Anti-Moon!!!! | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Lone Wolf Legionnaire:
Hey I can't believe it, but I agree with Ricardo for once, Jim Shooter and Steve Lightle, Steve is like a hybrid of Swan and Cockrum.

If I had to pick an all-time favorite Legion artist, it would be Lightle, so yeah, this would be a cool dream team.

quote:
But if Dave Cockrum were still alive my vote would have been for him and Shooter, the two guys who created the things I most love about the Legion.
I love his costume sensibilities, even if his art doesn't always 'zing' me.

quote:
As for Paul Levitz I'd team him up with Alan Davis and Mark Farmer,
I'm not sure that Alan Davis' art works with many Legion writers. Can you imagine if Alan Davis had been tasked to draw the section of their history where everyone got all scarred up, maimed and / or killed, wore the same costumes and earth repeatedly got invaded/blowed up? Yikes! I don't think Alan's art lends itself well to dark, repetitive depressing storylines. He's less of a de-constructor.

The ultimate clash would be Alan Davis drawing Legion of Three Worlds. "Yeah, we want you to draw three different Legions of bright-eyed smiling children, and some nutjob dismembering and / or incinerating most of them!"

Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Silver Age Lad
Part-time member living in another century

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Silver Age Lad   Email Silver Age Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
With all the buzz going around about how Perez regrets never having a run on the Legion, you have to wonder what a nice long Levitz/Perez run would have looked like. Can you imagine how well it would have sold?
IMHO Levitz/Perez has to be the Legion dream team
From: Ancient Kingdom of Northumbria, UK | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.