Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Visionaries of Tomorrow » Newarama interviews LSH creators (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Newarama interviews LSH creators
Gorilla Nebula
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gorilla Nebula   Email Gorilla Nebula         Edit/Delete Post     
no threeboot appearances on the "best" list...
shooter's interview sounded like it was done back when he took over the current title. nothing new mentioned AT ALL.

--------------------
Gorilla Nebula

From: san francisco | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Acid Digestion Lad
Legion hopeful

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Acid Digestion Lad   Email Acid Digestion Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Matthew E:
I don't know what you guys are arguing about.

5YL was great. The DnA run was great. The pre-DnA reboot was quite decent at its best and never worse than okay. Can't we all just get along?

I'm with you Matthew. Even if I do'nt groove on all of the threeboot legion I like it for what it is, and I'm extremely interested to see how it all plays out in Lo3W. I'm also loving the list of stories becaue there are some I haven't read and can now look forward to reading.
From: Bismoll, baby! Yeah!! | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ricardo
Adult Legion Reservist

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ricardo   Author's Homepage   Email Ricardo         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Gorilla Nebula:
no threeboot appearances on the "best" list...
shooter's interview sounded like it was done back when he took over the current title. nothing new mentioned AT ALL.

Shooter actually says what's coming next. What we don't know is when it is going to happen and why there are no ties to Legion of 3 Worlds.
From: Brasil | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Acid Digestion Lad
Legion hopeful

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Acid Digestion Lad   Email Acid Digestion Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
I'm guessing it'll be one of those " it's not happened to us yet" time travel paradoxs that can be worked out later. That or ya know..Everyone forgot about it...Oh wait..That's how they're working this one then .....:;shrugs:: meh oh wells
From: Bismoll, baby! Yeah!! | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ricardo
Adult Legion Reservist

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ricardo   Author's Homepage   Email Ricardo         Edit/Delete Post     
It's not over yet: now Newsarama talks to Geoff Johns about L3W with spoilers here.
From: Brasil | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Acid Digestion Lad
Legion hopeful

I don't know if this has been posted before or not, but here it is.

http://www.newsarama.com/comics/080825-SpoilerSportL3W.html

I thought it was a pretty nice interview, although not much in the way of spoilers since I hang around here.

Ricardo
Adult Legion Reservist

I posted it in here, because it is part of Newsarama coverage of Legion's 50th Anniversary.
Superboy
RE-RETCONNED

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Superboy   Email Superboy         Edit/Delete Post     
From CBR Fan Expo coverage:

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=17827

quote:

Didio said the rumor that legendary writer Jim Shooter was off and then back on “Legion of Super-Heroes” deserved no validation

Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Acid Digestion Lad
Legion hopeful

quote:
Originally posted by Ricardo:
It's not over yet: now Newsarama talks to Geoff Johns about L3W with spoilers here.

Ya know I actually made up a thread with a link to that interview xD
Matthew E
Suprmetrician

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Matthew E   Author's Homepage   Email Matthew E         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Superboy:

quote:

Didio said the rumor that legendary writer Jim Shooter was off and then back on “Legion of Super-Heroes” deserved no validation

That's what people in the news business call a 'non-denial denial'.

Meaning, let's say you print a rumour about DC Comics. DC Comics has two possible responses they can make. If they say, "It's not true and you're an effing liar," then it's a denial and the rumor's not true. If they say, "I won't dignify that with a response," or, basically, anything else, it's a non-denial denial and the rumour may very well be true.

--------------------
Legion Abstract

From: Ontario | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Superboy
RE-RETCONNED

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Superboy   Email Superboy         Edit/Delete Post     
Well when the rumor first broke Manapul said it was a rumor column so take it with a grain of salt...right here on this forum.

DC said nothing, which I felt was a the correcct response, and everyone said why don't they deny it if it isn't true...and now they have denied it several times and people are still insisting it is true...

I'm going to keep going back to the point I have made all along, the reason I have never believed the rumor...is that it doesn't fit Shooter's rep...at all. It's exactly the opposite of what his rep is....

And of course, the fact that the Action Legion was back before Shooter was. It was a back a year before he was......so he knew full well that the possiblities were. And as a former EIC and publisher he'd be a lot less clueless about that sort of thing that any other writer in the industry.

And oh yeah...Shooter's not the type to remain silent when he is disgruntled about something either...

Shooter never goes quietly into that good night...as evidenced by his axe grinding against Carl Icahn and Ron Perelman in the most recent issue of the Legion.

Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Acid Digestion Lad
Legion hopeful

My bad then xD
Ricardo
Adult Legion Reservist

quote:
Originally posted by Matthew E:
quote:
Originally posted by Superboy:

quote:

That's what people in the news business call a 'non-denial denial'.

Meaning, let's say you print a rumour about DC Comics. DC Comics has two possible responses they can make. If they say, "It's not true and you're an effing liar," then it's a denial and the rumor's not true. If they say, "I won't dignify that with a response," or, basically, anything else, it's a non-denial denial and the rumour may very well be true.

Exactly. In fact, Dan DiDio didn't even say Shooter is for the long run, he said "those rumors he left and came back have no validation". And no word on why the main book is completely on the loop here.
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.