Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Visionaries of Tomorrow » Lost Dave Cockrum interviews

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Lost Dave Cockrum interviews
kcekada
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kcekada   Email kcekada         Edit/Delete Post     
Found a link to interviews with Dave from 1985 and 1995 at Peter David's blog.

The interviews start about halfway through the podcast. These interviews were podcast at the end of 2006 in remembrance of Dave.

He talks a bit about Futurians. In the first interview, he was looking forward to the ongoing series. In the second interview, he explains why the fourth issue of the series was never published as a single, and that he had hoped to relaunch the series.

In retrospect, these are kind of sad (the music at the end of the interviews doesn't help).

I was in college when Futurians came out -- and was an instant fan. I thought this was some of Dave's best work since his first X-Men run. I don't know if Paty Cockrum has ever tried shopping this around to a company, but it would greatly honor Dave to see the series revived.

LINK:

http://captphilonline.com/Destinies_2006.html

Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
Thanks for this!
From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lad Boy
3rd smartest person on Legion World

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lad Boy   Email Lad Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Thank you.
From: Washington DC | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46
or you can do the confusion 'til your head falls off

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
What a weird coincidence. I was trying to tidy up the studio closet this morning and found an old Comics Interview with Dave C. talking about Futurians. Don't ask me how it escaped previous clean-up attempts. Very few things have at this point. (Too much stuff, too little space for it. Same old story.)

I remember enjoying the pilot graphic novel, but not reading any of the comics that followed. Not sure why. Subscription services could be pretty spotty back then, when it came to Indy comics and getting them out at a reasonable clip.

If there's anyone who'd maybe like that issue of CI for their Legion archives, they should pop me a PM.

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lone Wolf Legionnaire
Academy Cadet

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lone Wolf Legionnaire   Email Lone Wolf Legionnaire         Edit/Delete Post     
Thanks kcekada,it was nice to hear the voice of the man who made me a Legion fan.

--------------------
I tried to rip their soul out.I tried to make them forget Superman.
But they won't.

From: Kentucky | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kcekada
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kcekada   Email kcekada         Edit/Delete Post     
Same here.

I think I have that Comics Interview issue, but I'm not certain. Haven't looked at those 80s fanzines in years. What's on the cover?

Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
That was pretty sad music at the end. It was nice to hear Dave's voice and feel his enthusiasm for the Aardwolf projects. Bit of a laugh when he described how DC thought Nightcrawler looked too weird.

I was wondering what Clifford Meth was up to lately, and turned up an older story about working on a script for a Futurians movie. It doesn't seem to have progressed to any sort of concrete project.

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
Here's the magazine in question or at least I think this is the one.
From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46
or you can do the confusion 'til your head falls off

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
Everyone is now free to aim their Envy Ray at Nightcrawler, since I sent him my copy of CI. If I find any more Legion-relevant stuff on my cleaning forays, I'll probably mention them, too.

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.