Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » UBB.LEGIONWORLD » Science Police Headquarters » VIRUS ALERT!!!!!

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: VIRUS ALERT!!!!!
Reboot
Common sense is neither common, nor sense.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
Sorry to let "real life" intrude, but I got snagged by this earlier on...

Any and all Win NT/2000/XP users should IMMEDIATELY go to http://www.microsoft.com/technet/treeview/default.asp?url=/technet/security/bulletin/MS03-026.asp and download the patch within (especially, but not exclusively if you've been getting "Remote-Procedure-Call" errors that have been forcing restarts. Then, its a cure, otherwise its preventative).

Next, update your anti-virus software and run a full system scan. Look here for more info, or if you don't have an updatable anti-virus program installed.

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 2 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
I'm still not sure if this is the same problem that I was having. I've bought and installed a new VirusScan just in case.

Thanks, also to Portfolio Boy for pointing out the possibilty as well.

[ August 11, 2003, 08:45 PM: Message edited by: Nightcrawler ]

From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Portfolio Boy
Deputy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Portfolio Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Portfolio Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
In what we discovered before I left work today, the worm exploits a hole in MSN Messenger which loads automatically in XP.

Upgrade Messenger if you use it, kill it if you don't.

From: Sumner, ME | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kid Prime
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kid Prime           Edit/Delete Post     
I GOT this today and it took me 4 hours to work through it. I thought my computer was about to DIE. It fucking sucked. Please, please, if you're reading this and running Windows XP, 2000, or NT IMMEDIATELY go and download the patch!

This virus sucks nasty ass. We should sic Drura on whoever the bastard was who created it.

--------------------
White. A blank page or canvas. His favorite. So... many... possibilities.

From: Birmingham, AL | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Portfolio Boy
Deputy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Portfolio Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Portfolio Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/treeview/?url=/technet/security/bulletin/MS03-026.asp
Above is the windows patch that fixes the flaw which allows the Blaster worm.

http://www.sarc.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.blaster.worm.removal.tool.html
Above is the URL to a removal tool once you have been infected.

http://isc.sans.org/diary.html?date=2003-08-11
Above is a sans summary of the Worm...

From: Sumner, ME | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.