Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » UBB.LEGIONWORLD » Science Police Headquarters » Back Again (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Back Again
Reboot
Common sense is neither common, nor sense.

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
Hopefully this'll stay up without significant interruption for a while now, huh NC? [Smile]

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov
Paraplegic tree sloth that's been sedated

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
Hope springs eternal! [Big Grin] [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me

From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arachne
Bookworm

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Arachne   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Home at last.

That was good timing; I was just about to log off for the night.

--------------------
arachne3003.deviantart.com
Current Obsession: Birds of Prey/Secret Six

From: Canada | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
We're all on shaky ground - i feel like we can be rebooted again at any moment.

Maybe this is the Mordruverse reboot and the next one will be permanent?

From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Somebody
Banner-Man

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Somebody   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Gary, fix the date, huh? The board clock's running a day slow and its playing havoc with the post order where there were posts made while the rest of us couldn't get in.
Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Sorry I wasn't around to help guys and gals. I should have known that when something happened in RL I'd be needed here too. Hopefully we'll get this worked out and Gary has promised to stop playing with modifications for awhile. [Wink]

Meanwhile, I'm planning a retaliation attack on Google. Think that kid who created the Blaster virus works for cheap?

From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004

I dunno about the "Blaster" guy, but I think the "Hi Mom" kid will work for bail money... [Wink]
From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Somebody:
Gary, fix the date, huh? The board clock's running a day slow and its playing havoc with the post order where there were posts made while the rest of us couldn't get in.

The problem can't be solved be me or Scott. The time is based on the server's clock. Nothing I can do about it.
From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Sanity or Madness?:
Hopefully this'll stay up without significant interruption for a while now, huh NC? [Smile]

No hacks, so yeah, I hope. As it turns out this had absolutely nothing to do with me. It was the server. They've changed some of it's software which wrecked havoc on this message board. They also deleted the Members directory, which I had replaced.

So, as it turns out, you can't blame me for this. [Razz]

[ August 30, 2003, 05:33 AM: Message edited by: Nightcrawler ]

From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kid Prime
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kid Prime           Edit/Delete Post     
Well... THEY... THEY CAN'T DO THAT!!!

--------------------
White. A blank page or canvas. His favorite. So... many... possibilities.

From: Birmingham, AL | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Nightcrawler:
quote:
Originally posted by Somebody:

The problem can't be solved be me or Scott. The time is based on the server's clock. Nothing I can do about it.
quote:
Originally posted by Nightcrawler:
quote:
Originally posted by Sanity or Madness?:

No hacks, so yeah, I hope. As it turns out this had absolutely nothing to do with me. It was the server. They've changed some of it's software which wrecked havoc on this message board. They also deleted the Members directory, which I had replaced.

So, as it turns out, you can't blame me for this. [Razz]

Yep this was all a server thing. I still haven't heard from Mike but I'm going to assume he updated his software in order to help protect against further Google CGI attacks and maybe to increase the server memory. It also appears he hasn't gotten the clock set correctly. If you go into your individual profiles it will tell you how many hours to adjust to get the date and time right. I had to add an even 24 hours but now I can see the correct dates.
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reboot
Common sense is neither common, nor sense.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
See post 1 [Smile]

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov
Paraplegic tree sloth that's been sedated

Icon 3 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
Ditto, post 2... [Big Grin] [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me

From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
superboymddjr
Quiet member

Icon 1 posted      Profile for superboymddjr   Email superboymddjr         Edit/Delete Post     
wow!! neat!!! Awesome!!! love the checkered top on this site! and new futuristic look!! wow!!

excellent job you did!!!! [Love] Ah....I can relax. *sipping iced tea* (by the way it's sunny out there [Smile] )

From: Hayward, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004

Very Cool indeed! The checkers, the spacey background, the new Headline, I actually said "woo", when it came blazing on my screen (especially since I was expecting the "the boards are closed" message again). Nicely Done guys! [Big Grin]
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.