Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » UBB.LEGIONWORLD » Science Police Headquarters » Back Again (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Back Again
googoomuck
Honorary

Icon 1 posted      Profile for googoomuck   Author's Homepage   Email googoomuck         Edit/Delete Post     
I like the retro checkered top too. The overall look is great too.

--------------------
Play Stratego online at http://www.metaforge.net/webstratego/

From: Minneapolis Minnesota | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Star Boy
Cat Clan Commander

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Star Boy   Email Star Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by googoomuck:
I like the retro checkered top too.

I feel like I'm in a racecar. Vroom, LegionWorld, Vroom!! [Razz]

--------------------
Wayne@OZ

From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mattropolis

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mattropolis   Author's Homepage   Email Mattropolis         Edit/Delete Post     
Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

--------------------
Touch the magic...

From: Morganfield, KY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arachne
Bookworm

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Arachne   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Lookin' real sleek, guys. Great work.

--------------------
arachne3003.deviantart.com
Current Obsession: Birds of Prey/Secret Six

From: Canada | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
icefire
Just like old Times!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for icefire   Email icefire         Edit/Delete Post     
Great job guys!!!!

--------------------
Let the Fun Begin!

From: tennessee | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stu
Time Trapper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stu   Email Stu         Edit/Delete Post     
Another thing I'm lovin' is how FAST the new boards load up [Wink] ... everything seems to load up literally two or three times faster than before. [Big Grin]
Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
I know that from home, I'm able to post immedietely when I click "reply" whereas before I had to wait a few seconds before I could. VERY nice!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Duplicate Man Duplicate Man has just turned 58
Honorary

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Duplicate Man   Email Duplicate Man         Edit/Delete Post     
Kewl new look!
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by STU:
Another thing I'm lovin' is how FAST the new boards load up [Wink] ... everything seems to load up literally two or three times faster than before. [Big Grin]

quote:
Originally posted by MLLASH:
I know that from home, I'm able to post immedietely when I click "reply" whereas before I had to wait a few seconds before I could. VERY nice!

I believe the site is caching again even though we didn't set it to. At least I don't think we did but the cache file is there. [Confused]
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 3 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Lightning Lad:
I believe the site is caching again even though we didn't set it to. At least I don't think we did but the cache file is there. [Confused]

Caching has always been there, mon ami! It's the PHP accelerator we stopped using. I haven't even turned it on yet over here. After what we went through getting us up, I think I'll leave it off until we can both troubleshoot and difficulties that might result. Since we are now using two locations and not just one.

[ September 27, 2003, 04:52 AM: Message edited by: Nightcrawler ]

From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reboot
Common sense is neither common, nor sense.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
See Post 1 again, AGAIN [Smile] ...

LW's never had its troubles to seek, huh?

*notes the album & stats links are gone from the top*

[ January 20, 2004, 04:02 PM: Message edited by: Sanity or Madness? ]

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
Well, after trying several things (as you noted, SoM), I discovered it was our old culprit the internet spider.

Can you provide the link to shut them off again? I was using the one at the test board, since gone.

This time I caught the suckers in the act and it appears it's been happening for awhile and that we'd been tinkering on the edge of getting shut down for at least a month or more. I'm sorry that I was too busy to notice before we had to be shut down. [Frown]

From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
Found it. Here.
Reboot
Common sense is neither common, nor sense.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Nightcrawler:
Well, after trying several things (as you noted, SoM), I discovered it was our old culprit the internet spider.

This time I caught the suckers in the act and it appears it's been happening for awhile and that we'd been tinkering on the edge of getting shut down for at least a month or more. I'm sorry that I was too busy to notice before we had to be shut down. [Frown]

I feel the need to laugh insanely at this news - did you accidentely wipe the meta tags in a bout of playing around or something?

Ah well, not much harm done I suppose.

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

The meta tags have always been there.

But they don't mean anything if you don't tell them to look for them. Look at what they say:

quote:
Google will continue to exclude your site or directories from successive crawls if the robots.txt file exists in the web server root. If you do not have access to the root level of your server, you may place a robots.txt file at the same level as the files you want to remove. Doing this and submitting via the automatic URL removal system will cause a temporary, 90 day removal of your site from the Google index. (Keeping the robots.txt file at the same level would require you to return to the URL removal system every 90 days to reissue the removal.)
Every 90 days I have to sign up to exclude our website.
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.