Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » UBB.LEGIONWORLD » Science Police Headquarters » "Dr. Gym'll's Cultural Rarities" (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: "Dr. Gym'll's Cultural Rarities"
Reboot
Common sense is neither common, nor sense.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
That's a bit better - better completely irrelevant than clunky [Razz]

Now, how's about that Triad smiley [not Trip Girl - Triad! (with short hair)] [Smile] . Did you not see the results of that matchup in the name poll?

[ September 03, 2003, 07:12 AM: Message edited by: Sanity or Madness? ]

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kid Prime
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kid Prime           Edit/Delete Post     
It's not completely irrelevant! Dr. Gym'll has a HUGE comic collection (well, at least he did pre-boot!)

--------------------
White. A blank page or canvas. His favorite. So... many... possibilities.

From: Birmingham, AL | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
YEAH!

And thank you KP for reminding me of it and coming up with the cool name! [Big Grin]

From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
Dr Gym'll had a comic collection? Well, I guess that makes more sense then. It still makes me think of medical oddities or something. Well, it's not like I have a better idea or anything...
From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
LEGION OF SUPER-HEROES V.2 #302 (AUG 1983):

Page 8 -

-

From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
Page 9 -

-

Nightcrawler
Founder

And, Page 10 -

-

Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Thanks for posting these Gary. Man, its been awhile since I read that issue!
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kid Prime
Founder

I especially like the shot of ultimate despair on Gmy'll's face on the top of page 2 when he looks around and sees his comics collection totally wrecked. Poor Gym'll! That Mekt! What a bastard!

[ September 04, 2003, 02:14 PM: Message edited by: Kid Prime ]

--------------------

From: Birmingham, AL | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
And this reminds me. Was this the first time we found out an inkling of Gym'll's religion? I'm assuming, and maybe making an ass of myself by doing so, that his exclamation of "By the Buddha!" hints that he is a Buddhist.
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 5 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
And the cover to the (obviously Flash) comic on page 8 panel 4, says what? Unknown first letter, then maybe an 'O', and 'A', and then a 'B'?

Was this before Interlac was established?

Mekt Ranzz
singular.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mekt Ranzz           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Kid Prime:
I especially like the shot of ultimate despair on Gmy'll's face on the top of page 2 when he looks around and sees his comics collection totally wrecked. Poor Gym'll! That Mekt! What a bastard!

please send your telephone number, mom would like to discuss something with you.

i've acquired and read the issue referenced. it is obvious that the pamphlet creators are using garth's account of this event. not only is he lacking an objective point of view, one can tell he's been watching bad holovids. claiming i verbally and physically attacked saturn girl and destroyed pamphlets - what a transparent attempt to inflame the emotions of the pamphleteers.

and some of this dialogue! i sound a little like me, but "lying telepath"? that doesn't even make sense! i do not know the former miss ardeen well, but i know enough not to mess with her. there's no reason for me to, and she already has that garth-shaped albatross around her neck so anything else would just be mean.

and that ending! i end up spelling my title for the crowd? hello?

(speaking of spelling, i can correctly spell dr. gym'll name.)

From: out & about | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mekt Ranzz
singular.

check out how i looked! man, all that fluffy space-blowdried hair! tee hee!

-

From: out & about | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kid Prime
Founder

quote:
Originally posted by Mekt Ranzz:
(speaking of spelling, i can correctly spell dr. gym'll name.)

Spell THIS. [Mad]

--------------------

Mekt Ranzz
singular.

ex-lax?

(which is not a bismollian moon, kids.)

-

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.