Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » UBB.LEGIONWORLD » Science Police Headquarters » Problem with Member Directory?

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Problem with Member Directory?
He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for He Who Wanders   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
While scanning through the directory, I noticed something wrong. From the middle of the second page onwards (when listed in order of most posts), it shows every poster afterwards as having no posts. This includes Greybird, who has posted more than 500 times!

I also could not find Kid Prime's name. Though he's retired, his name should still be in the directory, shouldn't it?

--------------------
The Semi-Great Gildersleeve - writing, super-heroes, and this 'n' that

From: The Stasis Zone | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Greybird
Brother of Dawnstar

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Greybird   Author's Homepage   Email Greybird         Edit/Delete Post     
We should see about 520 posts for me below, more or less. It could be the database just needs updating for the member directory.
From: Starhaven Consulate, City of Angels | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
First, I want to know why HWW is crusing the member directory. Looking for a date? [Wink]

Seriously, Gary may have to do a full stat rebuild, which will throw off post counts since it takes away the deleted posts that are currently being counted.

The problem may also be due to the fact that we have to keep two copies of most of the files in two different directories. For some reason PowWeb has an oddball file structure and we couldn't get the board to work right without having cgi files and the ubb files located in two different spots.

From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for He Who Wanders   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Lightning Lad:
First, I want to know why HWW is crusing the member directory. Looking for a date? [Wink]

Shh! [Wink]

Actually, since Portfolio Boy hasn't updated the Top 40 Posters thread in awhile, I like to check in from time to time, just to see where everyone's at.

quote:
[B]Seriously, Gary may have to do a full stat rebuild, which will throw off post counts since it takes away the deleted posts that are currently being counted.

The problem may also be due to the fact that we have to keep two copies of most of the files in two different directories. For some reason PowWeb has an oddball file structure and we couldn't get the board to work right without having cgi files and the ubb files located in two different spots. [/QB]

I wouldn't mind it throwing off post counts, since I'd rather have an accurate count, anyway. But it's no biggie, either way.

--------------------
The Semi-Great Gildersleeve - writing, super-heroes, and this 'n' that

From: The Stasis Zone | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.