Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » UBB.LEGIONWORLD » Science Police Headquarters » Anybody Else Experiencing a Wierd Background? (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Anybody Else Experiencing a Wierd Background?
Semi Transparent Fellow
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Semi Transparent Fellow   Email Semi Transparent Fellow         Edit/Delete Post     
I'm getting a very wierd background in Legion World. The starfield has superimposed on it white boxes and red and green striped boxes.

Is anyone else experiencing this? [Frown]

Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Semi Transparent Fellow
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Semi Transparent Fellow   Email Semi Transparent Fellow         Edit/Delete Post     
It's getting worse. Banners are disappearing.
Greybird
Brother of Dawnstar

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Greybird   Author's Homepage   Email Greybird         Edit/Delete Post     
The background image, LWbg.jpg, has been corrupted. A chunk of its "southeast" corner is now white, and a patch of color is stuck near its middle.

Some of the banners have lost their moorings, as in file names, before, but the only one I've seen doing so now is the main-forum-page LW top banner.

From: Starhaven Consulate, City of Angels | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Semi Transparent Fellow
Legionnaire!

That's exactly what I'm experiencing.
Sonnie
mere mortal

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sonnie   Email Sonnie         Edit/Delete Post     
me three, and everything is slowing down.... boo!
From: home sweet home... unless i'm posting from work | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov
Paraplegic tree sloth that's been sedated

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
Just out of curiosity, what browsers are you all running? Grey, you use Netscape, right?

I'm only asking 'cause I'm not noticing anything like you're describing-- visual glitches, load-up speed-- and was wondering if you guys had anything in common, that you'd all be having these difficulties. [Frown]

[ October 17, 2003, 07:29 PM: Message edited by: Pov ]

From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Semi Transparent Fellow
Legionnaire!

I'm using Safari, the Mac OS X browser.
Arachne
Bookworm

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arachne   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
I'm getting them using Mozilla Firebird.

--------------------
arachne3003.deviantart.com
Current Obsession: Birds of Prey/Secret Six

From: Canada | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bicycle Repair Man
Deputy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bicycle Repair Man   Email Bicycle Repair Man         Edit/Delete Post     
I'm using MS Internet Explorer and AOL standard dialup. I see white squares and color squares in the background, but speed seems normal.

--------------------
"Gee, Brainy, what do you want to do tonight?"
"The same thing we do every night, Bouncing Boy: try to take over the United Planets!!"
They're B.B. and The Brain ...

From: Monty Python's Flying Circus | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
I'm getting the problem too and I use IE 6 on a Windows 98 platform. I don't know when it started as I've just now being able to log in tonight after suffering problems with my laptop.

Unfortunately I'm too exhausted to think about trying to find out what's up right now so it'll have to wait. It looks to be more of an inconvenience than stopping posts from going through so it should be okay. I'll try to get into the control panel and turn off the background for now.

From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 3 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
There doesn't seem to be a problem for me, but it could have been a result of my eliminating the extra message board. It looks like I failed to include all of the previous graphic files and/or may have uploaded some of them in ASCII instead of Binary. Sorry.
From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 3 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
Okay. I've restored all of the graphics files. I think. Let me know if I've missed something or if the problem still exists for you. I'll be back tomorrow at about this time.
From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Greybird
Brother of Dawnstar

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Greybird   Author's Homepage   Email Greybird         Edit/Delete Post     
LWbg.jpg is still corrupted. I've sent Gary an e-mail with the bad JPEG attached, as I've picked it up from Netscape 7.02. This has degraded without any changes in settings being made, whatsoever, to Netscape. A forced reload of the cache makes no difference.

The same file is rendering properly for me with Internet Explorer 5.5. This still is a sign of its being corrupted, however. Netscape is rendering all other JPEGs perfectly.

I hope, if Gary can't find the discrepancy, that he'll consider removing the background image -- both copies of it. This is making it very difficult to use Legion World, and I'm not the only one experiencing this.

From: Starhaven Consulate, City of Angels | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Prior to Gary doing the replacement on the files I did the same thing and they are now working fine for me on both of my PC's. And they still are. I'm thinking that the problem lies in the provider and us not being able to store the files in the correct manner. For now, until Gary decides otherwise, I've turned off the background again.
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

BTW, Gary I did a full back up last night about 2:30. Okay, this morning would be more accurate. And I mean a full back up, all 180+ Meg of files.
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.