Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » UBB.LEGIONWORLD » Science Police Headquarters » Topic Dump? (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Topic Dump?
Reep
Resigned

Icon 9 posted      Profile for Reep           Edit/Delete Post     
I just tried to search for some of my old Polls, and saw that now the search is limited to 30 days max.

This is new, right? 'Cause when I came back a week or so ago, I was able to pull up my Polls from several months ago.

So was there a real topic dump or are they in some cyber-storage. I was looking for my first Legionnaire Questionnaire Poll to review questions for a possible second LQ Poll.

Is it gone, as well I guess as the first two LWCs?

[ChameleonBoy]

[ November 20, 2003, 11:58 PM: Message edited by: Reep ]

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spellbinder
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spellbinder   Email Spellbinder         Edit/Delete Post     
I am able to view back as far as July in the PCM forum.

--------------------
Some people are like slinkys: not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you knock them down a flight of stairs

From: Penthouse atop Levitz Hall, LMBP Plaza, Embassy Row, Legion World | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 11 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
Can't you change it to "Show all topics" and see Scott's poll on July 13th on page 5?

If not, then it may be yet another problem with the board's cache. [urk]

From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reboot
Common sense is neither common, nor sense.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Nightcrawler:
Can't you change it to "Show all topics" and see Scott's poll on July 13th on page 5?

If not, then it may be yet another problem with the board's cache. [urk]

I can see the topics, but I can't search for them - I default to "last 45 days," and icey's Battle for the DCU polls are viewable, but don't come up in the search...

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reep
Resigned

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reep           Edit/Delete Post     
I forget. How do you default to show all topics? I can't see any last 45 days, most identified amount for me is 30 days.

It's probably 99% me.

Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Reep, you can change it in each Forum or just default it to 45 days or more by going into your Profile and changing the default setting. Its near the bottom, one of the last 5 choices I think.
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov
Paraplegic tree sloth that's been sedated

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
Oh. TOPIC dump...

I thought this was a thread about our old College dormrooms...

...to-X-ic dumps... [Big Grin]

...Sorry, 'scuse moi... [Roll Eyes] [shake]

--------------------
"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me

From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reep
Resigned

Okay, I reset my profile to show all topics, but it hasn't been added to search screen, so I'm posting this to see if it activates my change.

[ChameleonBoy]

Reep
Resigned

Something is wrong somewhere. Search screen box never changed. So I tried to search "census" in PCM forum which should pull up my current LWC and got nothing. Did same under Nardo username and got same no results response. Tried for "poll" and got same, which should be alot of hits.

Other than that, that's all I can tell you. I don't have immediate need for search function, but I was hoping to compare stats from the first two LWCs with results of # 3 when it closes on Monday. Not truly necessary to Final Tally, and it's less work also (!), but just FYI.

[ChameleonBoy]

Spellbinder
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spellbinder   Email Spellbinder         Edit/Delete Post     
Consider them bumped up to page one

--------------------
Some people are like slinkys: not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you knock them down a flight of stairs

From: Penthouse atop Levitz Hall, LMBP Plaza, Embassy Row, Legion World | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
I've looked in the CP. I have no control over how far back the search function looks. It must be an internal setting in the program itself.

Sorry.

From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
I was hoping to get home and let you know that before you tried. The search function is supposed to search the whole history of the site, no matter the age. What I think is happening is problems from removing the initial folder. We most likely need to do a search index rebuild to make sure we are up-to-date.

You want I should do it?

From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
Sure. I'll be going to work here in a few.

Besides, I think the MB has to be closed for that.

Lightning Lad
Founder

It does. The rebuild automatically shuts the board down so I'll wait until it slows down a bit. Have a good night at work!
Reep
Resigned

Thanks, Cru, though I now realize that only the eight demographic Q's were duped in LWC # 3 and can be compared. Yet they're the most worthwhile for observing any possible changes in make-up of the membership.

All that techno-talk between the Founders makes me think I'm a Legion newbie in the Monitor room listening to Garth & Rokk discuss how they're gonna take down the Time Trapper. I'll check the gas in the Bubble. Should I make PB & J?

[ChameleonBoy]

[ November 22, 2003, 12:10 AM: Message edited by: Reep ]

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.